What Not To Wear (while riding)

Brock Kickass

Can't we all just get along? Seriously, plenty of debate on this already. This thread is as close to the danger zone as helmetless Tom on his GPZ here, and I don't want to see it closed. Take all the fussin' and fightin' to another thread!

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Don't worry. It wont get closed. ;) We the ones that get to make that decision. :D

But yeah, lets keep the squidlies coming. Those of ya that don't like it, dont come in here whining about it when you know what this thread is about expecting any sympathy.

Wear your gear or ya may end up in this thread! :cool:

JSP

Super Moderator

JSP

Super Moderator

Alex6

Took the words right out of my mouth.

You super awesome racing ninjas with your super awesome $500 suits and $500 helmets can take that baggaf goppin nonsense elsewhere. Call me a damn squid all you want. I wear my lid, a t-shirt, boots, gloves, and my backpack full of work gear. Call it, I don't care. I also have a few choice stickers on my lid. Can you guess what they say.
Wear what you want. You can ride naked if that pleases you.
If at leat one new rider learns what NOT to wear before learning this on his/her own then this thread did something good. We are and should be free to make our own choices, we should also be free to post any photo we want. You don't like it, fine, skip to the next thread.

mtheartist

Really? Take it elsewhere? No. You obviously do care since you are here defending something (that you don't care about). ALL my gear is less than $500 all together. Easily. Have you wrecked in you lack of gear? I've wrecked IN my gear. Would have been a whole 'nother story if I wasnt wearing it.

Lets see what those stickers may say since its a guessing game...

Organ donor.. (whatever may be left)
Hey look at me, IM COOL!
Too cool for gear
I dont care about my skin
I'm going to raise your medical and insurance rates
Chicks dig skin grafts
Squid 4 lyfe

Get real... :jerk:. There is no reason to not wear gear. Too hot for gear, take your car. Mesh gear is great for hot days. One stay in the hospital, picking gravel out of your skin/bones and fileting skin from where they can to use on your ground burger flesh will change your mind. Dont expect any sympathy...
Jay, u took the words right out of my mouth. For all those who tend get all heated about this thread, just don't read it! Guys here have gone down and can attest to the importance of their gear. Some not necessarily their fault. So don't come at them with your attitude. If the OP wanted a debate he would've said so from the beginning. U don't like it? There's a whole crowd waiting for u elsewhere. Arguing is old and boring, we've heard it enough and way to beat a dead horse....

Bert-Aus

I cannot fathom the thought processes that go through people heads when they get on their ride wearing shorts, tee and sneakers/ flip flops. BUT then they think "Oh wait I need a helmet & gloves"!!!!!!

When I was younger I rode like that, now days ATGATT.

After witnessing a guy similar age to myself at the time get flipped from a dirt bike at a T junction.
He got messed up, dressed in track pant, sneakers and tank top (he had a helmet on).

Most memorable part was his ankle, that was vulgar!!!!! No flesh left on the outside just bone, never heard the end of his story but pretty sure in involved alot of recon.

JSP

Super Moderator
I cannot fathom the thought processes that go through people heads when they get on their ride wearing shorts, tee and sneakers/ flip flops. BUT then they think "Oh wait I need a helmet & gloves"!!!!!!

When I was younger I rode like that, now days ATGATT.

After witnessing a guy similar age to myself at the time get flipped from a dirt bike at a T junction.
He got messed up, dressed in track pant, sneakers and tank top (he had a helmet on).

Most memorable part was his ankle, that was vulgar!!!!! No flesh left on the outside just bone, never heard the end of his story but pretty sure in involved alot of recon.
+1

I can start posting tons of pics of people wrecking in gear that are in agonizing pain, that otherwise wouldnt have had a scratch on them if they were wearing gear. I got hurt in my wreck, dislocated shoulder, nasty bruising, etc. but not a scratch on me. Mostly all impact issues. A mountain side will do that to ya. BUT, if I had no gear, the gravel and rocks I slid through and log I went head on into would have screwed me up big time. If I was even dumber and went so far as to not wear a helmet, I most likely would have died.

mtheartist

OUCH!!! That just sounds awful. In EMS they call these "patients" aka job security. I can't imagine riding without proper gear.

latony007

california

all you guys must live in the Midwest or something. I totally prefer to wear all my gear, nice gloves, armored jacket, boots. But when it hits over about 90-95 it just becomes unbearable and takes all the fun out. At that point I have to drop the jacket and gloves and just wear pants and a tshirt.

Alex6

all you guys must live in the Midwest or something. I totally prefer to wear all my gear, nice gloves, armored jacket, boots. But when it hits over about 90-95 it just becomes unbearable and takes all the fun out. At that point I have to drop the jacket and gloves and just wear pants and a tshirt.
At that point my bike stays in the garage.

Idiosynocracy

I live in Southern California and I wear my gear. I have no choice, don't own a car. I just take a few half-frozen bottles of water in my back-pack. It sucks but I do it anyways. : )

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member