What Not To Wear (while riding)

Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

mtheartist

Two of them now
At least they attempted to wear some gear, but the girl in front, didn't they tell her to lean with the bike and rider? That's just asking for it, and that vest won't help much if they fall, the hoodie will tear to shreds along with her skin.

linkgt

I have a big confession to make guys. There was a heat wave this week in NY... it was around 7:30pm and it was still over 85f and humid. I actually went out on a ride to gym with a tshirt and sweatpants.

First time in over two years of riding i've done this. I felt really guilty afterwards...lol

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Pointman1776

Elite Member
Last edited:

Pointman1776

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow - guy on 2nd bike has great concentration.

Either that, or his rider (don't want to presume it's a gal - I'm not judging) is checking his helmet direction and will whack him upside the head (or cut him off) if he wanders...literally.

haha Going through his head... "Look THROUGH the corner... THROUGH the corner... For the love of God, THROUGH THE CORNER!!!" :D

BoneJj

The male dilemma. Hot as hell with the thong hanging out. But that's so nerve wracking to see.

Two of them now
now this is the problem I've had a few times, the chicks never can sit still....

The girl up front is trying to stay upright making the bike lean more. I had to pull over the other day have the little woman get off so I could tell her that she needs to stop wiggling around so much as I ride and quit leaning the opposite direction of the bike's lean angle. I've had this same conversation with her 3 times now. If it doesn't stick this time I din't know what the heck I'm going to do with her.... I'm probably just going to have to tell her she can't ride with me anymore until she learns not to try to stay as upright as possible.

Brock Kickass

now this is the problem I've had a few times, the chicks never can sit still....

The girl up front is trying to stay upright making the bike lean more. I had to pull over the other day have the little woman get off so I could tell her that she needs to stop wiggling around so much as I ride and quit leaning the opposite direction of the bike's lean angle. I've had this same conversation with her 3 times now. If it doesn't stick this time I din't know what the heck I'm going to do with her.... I'm probably just going to have to tell her she can't ride with me anymore until she learns not to try to stay as upright as possible.
I've had that conversation with my wife. Luckily, we only had to go over it once. I had her out for a little ride and lunch and I noticed I was fighting the bike really hard and it was wanting to run wide. It didn't take me long to figure out that she was on the back leaning out whenever I tipped the bike over. I pulled over and told her that, if she found herself unable to resist that urge, she could quite literally kill both of us. I told her to keep her body exactly in line with my body at all times. Problem solved!

JSP

Super Moderator

I just tell my wife to put her head over my shoulder on the side we are turning. So if I am turning left, put your head over my left shoulder, and as such for the right. That seems to get them in a good decent position. Easy to remember as well.

JonKerr

Elite Member

BoneJj

Very similar to how i taught my wife. I just explained to her that she needs to look through the turn just like i do. Never had an issue. Shes a great passenger.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
yeah I've tried all these explanations and it has yet to seep into her tiny but thick skull.... at least I'm not actually dating her... lol.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

BKP

Mine never got the hang of it...

...so I divorced her...

JonKerr