What Not To Wear (while riding)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

In Maryland, if you don't get towed or a ticket, some upset cager will key or kick your bike over. I take parking spots every time.
I was encouraged to park like that by the MSF course instructors. California is usually laid back when it comes to motorcycles but that's crazy! I'd be so pissed if someone did that to my bike.

Idiosynocracy

Most places do encourage parking near store fronts. I hear from my father in law how much he hates when bikes take spots and how they think they own the road. I just bite my tongue. Cagers don't want you to park up front, but complain when you take a cage spot. No win!!!!!
Seriously. Double standards are extraordinarily annoying; basically another thing where cagers simply won't understand due to the fact that the don't ride.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Hmmmmm... Does that mean we should drive into the stores and not get off our bikes? We can't park without people being upset, so I guess we start driving through stores! :Sport:

Any other solutions?
A literal Drive-thru? Nah there are several stores I go to and I would like to continue going to them. lol

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

in virginia motorcycles are motor vehicles, they have to be parked "legally" just like any other motor vehicle ( in a parking space) side walks are intended for pedestrians and bicycles here.... unless otherwise labeled or stated in plane view.
Yeah California is really sorta-motorcycle friendly with this and lane splitting. The California state classify them as motor vehicles yet at the same time they don't. It's really weird.

latony007

i do both, if there is a nice place to park by the store that is not going to get in anyones way or anything and maintain consideration for others i will take it, if not i will park in the last spot in the damn lot so hopefully no idiot will hit it when parking or pulling out around me.

And i find it strange that the state with the most regulations of anyone is the only one that lets you lane split or drive a can am without a motorcycle license (i think delaware too)

Brock Kickass

I usually leave my bike beside the bicycle rack. There is usually enough space near the rack for my bike without being in anyone's way and I really don't like leaving it anywhere where people are parking cars. There are plenty of good drivers out there but there are also many many idiots who I really don't want driving near my bike if at all possible.

BoneJj

I run into this dilemma a lot. Living in Florida, it's very common place for a bike to be parked at the store front but some stores get upset with it while others rather like it when you do that as it shows you are going to that store you parked in front of and the bikes do seem to attacked attention in front of the stores and pull customers in at times.

When I have to park in a normal parking space I make sure to keep my bike to the center of the space and to the rear of the space. That way it's more visible to others that might pull into that space while being in the middle it makes it harder for people to knock it over while pulling out. It does also help others to see that they can pull their bike in front of mine.

It's a royal pain when places don't have dedicated bike parking. Though that is starting to be a more common thing at various places. I think it should be law that they need to have a certain percentage of spaces as motorcycle parking at each entrance to the stores.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

I hate to post this because I love my S&S gear, but your looking at a armor hoody...I read a few reviews and it sounded more like a padded hoody lol.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
An armored hoodie? I hope that's some extreme cotton or wool used to make it lol

Detrich

It's illegal to park on the sidewalk in CA too, but most of the time cops look the other way- so long as u aren't obstructing access to the sidewalk or blocking an entrance, driveway etc.

It all comes down to what, where, when, and whether they've met their monthly tix quotas I suppose.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I like the idea of the vest, but only as added protection under my jacket or one-piece.
The vest with the inbuilt spine protector seems much smarter than the spine protector on it's own;
the added breast padding is a bonus too,
as I found with mine (spine protector) moved around when putting on the one-piece.*
Whereas as an integral part of the vest (I assume) it would stay where it is meant to.

*I have since removed the straps and sewn it into my one piece liner -satys rigth where I need it

Idiosynocracy

Just picked up a Chinese knock-off of the Fox Titan Chest armor. It's the same thing but for literally $110 less. I also picked up a dirt bike jersey to wear over it, as the mesh seems like it would rip fairly easily (the dirt bike jersey isn't much better but it's a more durable fabric) if I went down.
It's very comfortable and with people saying this will be one of the hottest summers the U.S. will experience in recent memory, it'll allow a lot more breathing room. It's mind-boggling about how a logo can cause people to jack up prices for stuff so significantly. Even the manager of my local Cycle gear looked at my armor and said it's looks like the exact same thing. Upon seeing the same armor in person, I can confirm that it is the exact same thing. Now it's no where near as protective as a jacket say with leathers or the textile fabric, but they're a nice full chest, shoulders, elbows, and spine protected set of armor. Just a little idea to throw out there for people wanting to beat the heat coming in. Here's the links to the Fox titan gear and the Chinese knock-off I ordered.

Fox titan armor- http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Off-Road/Jackets/Off-Road-Jackets/brand/FOX/2014-Titan-Sport-Off-Road-Jacket/p/39273_59409_2

TMS armor- [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VIA0KM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Motorcycle Full Body Armor Protector Pro Street Motocross ATV Jacket Shirt (XLarge): Automotive[/ame]