What Not To Wear (while riding)

My Chatter box is about the same size. I can't remember the last time I used it. It's mounted to my old Icon helmet. Heavy helmet, heavy box lol

They have the new S1 Slim out which is a lot smaller of a unit. I would like to get a chatter box but my friends are even cheaper than me and wont get one themselves.... Though it would be nice for when I go out on long rides and I have people following me. Sometimes when I go on trips I will have friends of mine following me in their car and they all have GMRS/FRS radios to talk between the cars. The chatter box is the only device on the market for riders to have GMRS/FRS radio in the helmet.

I take it you have the S1?

I'd like to find a used S1 slim if I can. That would be nice.

tell us the truth it was you in the infant stages of vlogging!

lol nope I had a Drift HD170 to start off with and t was mounted on the top of my helmet at the time.

For boots, no need to spend a lot of money to get good ones.
I have the Harley Davidson Badlands boots (They are basically the BATES Copper boots for my size they are rounded up to $78.

When you can afford boots, I would highly recommend these. They look decent enough to wear out at the stores, or to work (pending work requirements). They are not comfortable (atleast to me - hard sole) for long walking stints, but are good enough for a bunch of errands).

They also stood up to my accident very well, you can barely tell anything happened to them. Use leather cleaner/protectant/water proofer on them and they will be good enough for a ride in mild rain. Though the first 2x you might get some black soled socks if you were wearing white! :) I love my SIDI Vertigo's but lets face it, its not always reasonable to wear that style riding boot places.

Sweet! Thanks! I'll def keep these in mind for when I go to look at boots. : )

Looking at these pictures makes me want to scream at my monitor! Yikes especially going 2-up...

I'm just speechless...

GM_11351.jpg

Seriously? I can't believe this guy would let his girl ride on the back of his Buell with those cloth shoes.... seems to care more for that bike than his or her safety, that's insane! Those nice tattoos would be no more if they hit some gravel and took a spill.

I guess when the weather gets hot, the squids come out to play... It's all fun and games until someone chips a knee to the bone or severs a finger. Some ppl just won't learn except by the hard way. :(

Also the outside knee thing looks like they're humping the tank. lol. WTH. x.X

Its so odd to me because ive used these pics as a learning tool and have tried to hone my riding form and technique by comparing what i look like compared to others. Some of these guys ive seen on these roads and on these photo sites since i started riding. And theyve never changed. And you know they at least look at the pics because they do multiple laps all the time. I do laps on some roads without photogs, but most guys dont. They only do laps for photos. Yet they dont realize theyre so wrong. And not just guys not wearing gear. Tons of guys in leathers who are so awkward looking. And no you dont have to be hanging off and dragging knee. There are right and wrong ways to go around a corner even sitting in the middle of the bike. Why not take advantage of the fact we have these guys out there?
:banghead:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I consider myself a noob rider, but even I know that if I can't drag my knee taking a sharp corner, I'm not going to stick my outer leg like a fool. I remember the MSF instructor saying, "hug the tank and use your knee to help lean the bike in a corner, no need to drop a knee unless you're Rossi!" I'm not quite the knee-dragger yet but It looks awesome, especially on your pic. I have no sympathy for these guys when they eat it while show-boating. Like the ones at Mullholland. I guess these guys must think they are compensating for the bike's leaning weight during the turn by sticking that leg out like that! It's apparent they've never met an MSF instructor and must have learned from another :squid:! And BTW, you have some serious technique from what your pics show.

You guys mention having issue with people having the outside knee out. IDK they could just be doing like I do on hot days, sit back from the take an inch or so, put the knees out to cool the boys. They get hot cramped up against the tank....

Back