Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

JSP

Super Moderator
It isn't always about top speed.....to me it's how fast you can get to 80 mph and I can do that in 2 gears a lot faster than a 600cc bike with a -1 front sprocket can.
Sure about that? ;) (sorry, this thread is already side tracked haha).

955i 1/4 mile time is 10.9 stock.
R6 1/4 mile time is 10.75 stock.

All depends on the bike... But yeah, you dont have to hit as high RPM's but wouldnt say its faster getting there... :cool: And I can hit 75 ish MPH in first ;)

Last edited:

danieljardim

Holland is out! Old Sheva rejuvenated himself! Spain playing with 6 midfielders! Ballotelli has done it again!

I wish I were there!
Can't stand Spain. They won nothing but they think they are the best ever.

I like german soccer. They are very effective.

BoneJj

If Yami had a FZ1 with fairings and clip-ons from factory, that would be my pick.
If you add the fairings at the dealer it makes the bike the same price as the kawi...

As for clip ons, who cares about clip ons? as long as you have some bars, be done with it...

Chucker

Attachments

See red

OK, for all you folks who want a kawi. ........

go........

buy one! Next year you will want the next big thing.

The FZ6R is a great all a-rounder. liter bikes are not really a good thing when you look at the WHOLE picture.... I would trade my new one back at a loss if I could get the extra weight capacity out of the fz. I would rather have the light weight, cheaper insurance, equal luggage, and better gas mileage from my oh good I need milk from around the corner let me take the bike fz than the flat out retarded power of my tiger. I stood it up in 3rd at 40 mph with half throttle. that would be running at 27k rpm! um........ not cool. I am re gearing it and seeing about making it more mellow for way I would like it to handle. You may want to think twice before grabbing a fist full of throttle with the liter bike, and on the 6r you can hamhock the thing and take off with out the fear of 75degrees of nose in the air.

Maybe if I was young enough to not care, or even think it was cool, it would be ok, but in heavy traffic, little un nerving

xJoshuaDrakex

I'm loving the fz6r now and not planning to upgrade for a couple years but when I do you can bet I will get a cbr 600 rr. Those bikes are sick.

RooKie

I can understand what you are sayin Rookie....but get this...

The big bikes generate so much power they are geared taller...Let that sink in for a moment....
I take off in first and can go to 65 in the blink of an eye while a 600cc bike has to shift at 45 if geared stock and shift 2 times if geared lower to get to 65. They gear the smaller bikes to get the acceleration that the big bikes already have.
It isn't always about top speed.....to me it's how fast you can get to 80 mph and I can do that in 2 gears a lot faster than a 600cc bike with a -1 front sprocket can.
Makes sense; however, I'm doing a +1 front sprocket conversion next time I need a chain so that tells you how important acceleration is for my daily commute. Slightly slower acceleration for higher MPGs makes me happy. Sticking to my ride :cool:

RoadTrip

I agree with the 'sensible', 'cost of ownership', and 'all you really need' arguments concerning the FZ6R. But, I have no regrets moving up to a 600SS, it is the quintessential sport bike and it feels like it, painful, expensive, and dangerous, but fun as hell.

Superzoom

This thread went from ITCH to change the bike, to ninja 1000 is ugly and them ergos and exhaust and origami lines to "do not talk about different bikes" and bash daniel, and bash dakine and how we love everybody :) :blowkiss: :hug:
This is what makes forums such as this both good and bad. Sure it's schizophrenic, but it's also a lot like a friendly conversation on a porch over a few beers with friends.

And the good thing about this forum is that it seldom ends in malicious verbal brawls. Disagreements, yes, but even friends have disagreements.

Superzoom

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

I've been truly embracing this motorcycling adage for a while now. I'm just an OK rider skill-wise, but I get a real rush from riding this humble "beginner's" bike as hard as I am capable.

Most of the time, the bike performs better than me, with my skills being the limiting factor in how fast I can go. Occasionally, I wring the piss out of the engine, working hard to keep it on the boil in the upper revs. I know it would be a lot easier to do so with a bigger engine and more torque, but it's just plain fun for me to row the gears and try to get every last one of the sixty-six horsepower that the FZ6R has to blast me forwards.

I too fantasize about "upgrading" from the FZ6R, but this bike is just so beautifully balanced, and pretty to boot, that I think I'll be sticking with it for quite a while.

jocampo

CC and TheRook. You guys are killing me.

I have my bike for 4 months now and I love it. But since you guys started changing bikes and all those threads I can't stop thinking about a Ninja 1000. (since a ducati diavel still out of my range)

I only owe about 2k on my bike and probably could get a good deal on a trade in.

I just think I really don't need it right now and my wife would get really mad. Really MAD. REALLY MAD. :spank:

But I'm gonna stop by at the dealer saturday anyway. :eek:

F****K I'm doomed. :banghead:
hmm ... I actually like the Ninja 650 better. Have you thought about the increase in insurance? And not so sure about ergonomics, that's very personal. but the fz6r is more comfortable in my opinion.

I just can't stand umcomfortables bikes. All my bikes have been "back friendly" :D

By the way, did The Rook or CC changed bikes, what did they get? ...

vengeance44

ive decided to keep my bike until October at least so it will be a year of riding expierence either trade it in or sell it to get a SS

danieljardim

Well for some odd reason of the universe I got the green light from wife to trade in the bike, did a little research on insurance increase and :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2011 Fz6r insurance = $300.00 a year.

2011 ninja 1000 = $3700.00 a year

WHYYYYYYY so much more? :(

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

danieljardim

Through who?

Try rider insurance, they service NJ, and they are WELL priced.
That's what I have rider.

Just checked a bunch of bikes I like.

Ninja 1000 = 3700
R1 = 3800
R6 = 1300
Hayabusa = 3300
Suzuki 1250 = 3200.00
FZ1 = 600.00
DIAVEL = 604.39 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't get it this whole insurance thing.

I may end up getting a FZ1 and try to find fairings and clip ons for it.

Chucker

It's because they know how much you love your FZ6R and they're trying to convince you to keep it.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member