Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

vengeance44

dam you guys and your hp bug

i caught it yes yesterday my friend wouldnt take no for an answer and i rode his gsxr 600 i got to say it was amazing shoot thinking about getting an r6 hmmm i wonder r6 in the near future maybe

bleedinblue

Elite Member

freshflex

Just dont forget it will eat tires, brakes, and chains compared to your 6r, cost 3x as much to insure, risk a ticket everytime you enjoy the power, need your valves checked every other 3 or 4 oil changes, the list continues lol.
Lies. If you ride your SS just like your 6r your tires, brakes and chains willl last just as long. My insurance stayed the same and I have had no problems with cops on my bike. I am far more reckless with my SS than I ever was on my 6r also.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Lies. If you ride your SS just like your 6r your tires, brakes and chains willl last just as long. My insurance stayed the same and I have had no problems with cops on my bike. I am far more reckless with my SS than I ever was on my 6r also.
I have to agree... :thumbup: Valves on my R6 dont need checked for 24k miles. Believe its same on FZ... Insurance is the same (few dollars more a month, due to my totaling the FZ though). Same tires on both bikes will generally last the same amount of time. Same for the rest. The R6 has been no more expensive than the FZ.

Last edited:

richierich781

I've had the bug for a while myself since I've ridden a couple of my friends' SS bikes. The one thing that is holding me back is riding 2 up (my better half likes to go on rides with me). Tried it on an R6 and in was uncomfortable. I'm sticking to the 6r until I pay it off then get me an SS for myself and keep the 6r for riding 2up and when my wife decides to get her endorsement.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

richierich781

Biased here... buy an FZ1. Supersports power, sport touring ergos, great for 2up riding. Just saying...
Honestly an fz1 is on top of my list, I do like the option of installing a lower fairing. But I'm trying to stay in the 600 cc range

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I used to ride my 6R with my wife. I'm 6'1", 195lb, and she's about 140. I found it to be a lot like work. No problem in a straight line, but in the turns you could tell the chassis and suspension just weren't desiged for what we were doing. It rolled along at civil speeds, but just didn't fell like I was doing the bike any good. I don't know exact specs for my FZ1, but we find it a lot better. I set my suspension up pretty firm to begin with, so with her on the back it just feels like the stock settings did. You notice the extra weight perched way up and back of you, but you would on any bike. Riding down the road, it's effortless. You can tell that the frame and suspension handle it a lot better.
With regards to the engine, the difference is unreal. The 6R was working hard the whole time there was a passenger on. When you needed to pass, it was like driving a car. I'm not one for hot rodding with a passenger, but the FZ1 still has jam when you need it. Passing cars or accelerating away from a stoplight are the way it should be on a bike. You don't have to get agressive with the throttle in any situation.
All in all, I don't want to take away from the FZ6R. I loved every minute of mine. It is not designed for certain things, however. I am glad to have owned a 6R because it made me a good enough rider to do things like ride with a passenger, or keep a bike controlled with 125+ horsepower available.
And man, all that horsepower is fun. Big fun. Big big fun. Do it. You won't regret it.

CrazyCawi

there is an 04 z1000 for sale in my area for $4300, it has 11k miles and new tires
it would cost less than $100 a month for insurance and bike payment to own that bike....

But for some reason I still have my eye on the zx6r...there is an 08 with 13,500 miles for $5500, TBR undertail exhaust, tire hugger, and fender eliminator, flushmounts, ect with new tires that will cost about $180 a month between ins. and bike.

Trying to weigh out the benefits of each and which makes more sense.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bmw675