Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

Dustin600

I had a GSX650F for three years. It was like the GSX1250FA's little brother. I really loved that bike. It made me drool over the 1250FA. After riding the FZ6R I realized how much heavier the 650F was. The extra weight seemed to make its center of gravity very high. If you go to gsx650.biz you will see numerous posts of people dropping them while trying to maneuver them around in their garage. Once they tip, there's no bringing them back. The top heaviness makes it not so nimble in the corners as well. It's built for touring not racing. Other than that they are good bikes. I imagine the same would be true for the 1250. I bet the 1250 is pretty fast.

Last edited:

See red

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - 4400 miles - Still in warranty REDUCED

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I got my tiger 1050 because I NEEDED something more than my bike could handle anymore. I would have kept the 6r till it blew up otherwise. rook and cc are still growing into their bikes, they have utilized them (hopefully) lol, to the extent they could. Now they are wanting something more. Remember, you need to be able to handle the bike at it's limits and get enough experience to know when to back off before you get in over your head.

Enjoy what you have, when you save enough and pay off the bike you have then go pay for a new one. I just traded mine in and got 5200 for it, I paid 5k cash, I also got my new bike under the resale value and paid cash. Play it smart.

danieljardim

I got my tiger 1050 because I NEEDED something more than my bike could handle anymore. I would have kept the 6r till it blew up otherwise. rook and cc are still growing into their bikes, they have utilized them (hopefully) lol, to the extent they could. Now they are wanting something more. Remember, you need to be able to handle the bike at it's limits and get enough experience to know when to back off before you get in over your head.

Enjoy what you have, when you save enough and pay off the bike you have then go pay for a new one. I just traded mine in and got 5200 for it, I paid 5k cash, I also got my new bike under the resale value and paid cash. Play it smart.
I know that. It's just the ITCH is killing me. My bike is almost paid off in 4 months (awesome, never expected that). I'm gonna keep until I'm very comfortable riding and in the mean time I keep saving for my real dream bike :)drool: DIAVEL :drool:)

wtnotch

Sorry, I'm of the group that dislikes the looks of the Ninja 1000. To me, it represents the worst of current Japanese styling:

- flared, ray gun muffler
- origami, over complicated bodywork with way too many panels, shapes and edges
- Transformers front end (although many nakeds are worse)
- useless passenger seat
Man, I couldn't agree with you more.

I seem to be dis-liking more and more the exhaust systems and origami body styles on the newer bikes.

Russ

DakinechicK

Yawn.

I'm sick of these threads. Didn't even read through the whole thing but DID want to post my opinion. You guys don't see me constantly or ever posting about my gixxer on the fz6r forum. You want another bike? Great, go get one and talk about it all you want on the specified forum. (no hard feelings, but c'mon guys! Enough with starting a new thread about it.. It was cool for like 2 days.)

Next.

wtnotch

Yawn.

I'm sick of these threads. Didn't even read through the whole thing but DID want to post my opinion. You guys don't see me constantly or ever posting about my gixxer on the fz6r forum. You want another bike? Great, go get one and talk about it all you want on the specified forum. (no hard feelings, but c'mon guys! Enough with starting a new thread about it.. It was cool for like 2 days.)

Next.
You may have 'overstepped the line' on this one :D

Russ

danieljardim

I don't see anything wrong with talking about motocycles on a motorcycle forum.

If you read the thread we are talking about ergos and new bike lines and handlebars and stuff. Not about trading in a different bike every other day like our dear friend "whatever" :rolleyes:

But if this subject bothers the majority of the forum so much, lets change it.

Is anybody following the EURO CUP?

I'm rooting for Portugal.... ;)

Spunky99

Yawn.

Next.
I agree......:deadhorse:

Alex6

Yawn.

Next.
Here is always another option: Skip the thread that you have no interest in.

DakinechicK

Well that is why my sig is what it is. Truth hurts sometimes. And.... I'm kinda hateful. :D

I will say it wouldn't bother me that much if it wasn't an every day occurrence. But I'm not picking on you Daniel... Much love..... It's just the thread topic. :rolleyes:

DakinechicK

Here is always another option: Skip the thread that you have no interest in.
It would be a whole lot easier if it wasn't every one of them. My opinion about your opinion is that you don't have to respond if you don't like what I say. :D

DakinechicK

Oh and Alex, I'm just messing with you. I'm very ornery today. Watch out!!!! LoL

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Alex6

I'm right there with Dakine, and it's not at all pointed to any one individual

don't be offended when later all of these threads are merged into one...

yes, "whatever" started a lot of them... we tried our best to weed through them.

and as a Mod, Dakine has a right to read through the threads and make sure they stay in line, whether or not she's interested in the subject matter...
I miss "whatever", it was fun. Every forum needs its troll.:D
And of course Dakine has a right to read any thread she wants. I replyed to just "steer" something up. :sinister:
You mods are way too serious.

RooKie

It's kind of interesting how since theRook and CC changed bikes now there's suddenly a bunch of peeps coming up and saying they want to follow.

Sure it's tempting to have more power and speed... but honestly, it is extremely rare that I ever go above 90 on the freeway and the 6R gets me up to that speed super quickly and in comfort. So why spend more money for something that has tons of power that I'm not even going to use?

But who knows, it may be different for some who actually take their bikes to the track and plan to go at a full 160mph+.

Anyways... just my $.02

:soapbox:

Last edited:

danieljardim

This thread went from ITCH to change the bike, to ninja 1000 is ugly and them ergos and exhaust and origami lines to "do not talk about different bikes" and bash daniel, and bash dakine and how we love everybody :) :blowkiss: :hug:

EURO CUP anybody? ;)

Spunky99

I can understand what you are sayin Rookie....but get this...

The big bikes generate so much power they are geared taller...Let that sink in for a moment....
I take off in first and can go to 65 in the blink of an eye while a 600cc bike has to shift at 45 if geared stock and shift 2 times if geared lower to get to 65. They gear the smaller bikes to get the acceleration that the big bikes already have.
It isn't always about top speed.....to me it's how fast you can get to 80 mph and I can do that in 2 gears a lot faster than a 600cc bike with a -1 front sprocket can.

It's kind of interesting how since theRook and CC changed bikes now there's suddenly a bunch of peeps coming up and saying they want to follow.

Sure it's tempting to have more power and speed... but honestly, it is extremely rare that I ever go above 90 on the freeway and the 6R gets me up to that speed super quickly and in comfort. So why spend more money for something that has tons of power that I'm not even going to use?

But who knows, it may be different for some who actually takes their bikes to the track and plans to go at a full 160mph+.

Anyways... just my $.02

Alex6

But who knows, it may be different for some who actually takes their bikes to the track and plans to go at a full 160mph+.

Anyways... just my $.02

I did not know that theRook and CC had changed their bikes, so no following for me. And "whatever" did not influenced me either.
I got my itch after stopping at the local Yma/Suz/Kaw shop to pick up a small item for FZ6R and while waiting for it noticed the brand new Ninja 1K sitting on the floor. So I decided to sit on it. That was it for me...