Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

Speedv1

Just picked up a silver chrome visor for my new helmet. I have 3 clear ones (my original helmet, backup helmet and new helmet are all the same brand - Shoei). Pretty excited to get it (ordered online). I was thinking black, but the helmet's nice and shiny, so I figured it'd be nice to keep that going haha.

Generally I'll have a clear with me, just in case (my work schedule can be odd, get in at 7 and leave at 7 the next day (24 hours).. weird.

iSpoolin

Chucker

I've got a clear shield with an integrated sun shield. It works perfect as I can pop it up and down as required.

24KMACH

I have two helmets. My Shoei RJ-101V in dark purple and the one I received for free with the bike. A HJC CL-16 in solid black. The Shoei is an open face and I love it for slow rides in the summer. I have dark smoke visors for both. I ride with clear at night. :D

edk442

is anyone wearing an HJC helmet with a silver-mirror shield? i'd be interested in knowing how tinted it is when looking through (i have the IS-16 with built in sun-shield, so i'm more after the aesthetics) and how reflective it really is. do the silver mirror shields look like a mirror?

iSpoolin

I've got a clear shield with an integrated sun shield. It works perfect as I can pop it up and down as required.
My exo 1000 has that, but its really not that great for me :S

CrazyCawi

I have the Bell Vortex helmet with a transition shield, it gets so dark on the outside its like limo tint, you cant cant even see into the helmet even if you tried. But On the inside looking out everything is CRISP in color and vibrant, better than my polarized Ducati Oakley's sad to say. Then when it starts getting dark out it lightens up, its PERFECT! Who ever came up with that technology is a genius!

karl213

is anyone wearing an HJC helmet with a silver-mirror shield? i'd be interested in knowing how tinted it is when looking through (i have the IS-16 with built in sun-shield, so i'm more after the aesthetics) and how reflective it really is. do the silver mirror shields look like a mirror?
I had an HJC with the silver mirror and it worked great, could see everything out but no one could see in. But just like the rest of the silver mirrored ones they scratch really easily.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

slaythoven

On my shopping list is a blue mirrored visor for my Shoei RF1000, but currently I'm using clear.

Patek86

Does anyone know where I can find a red visor for a shoei helmet?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Bloke

Got a hjc is-max, clear shield with fog city insert (pinlock for visors without the pins, adheres to the faceshield) and integrated flipdown sun visor.

It's nowhere near as good as sunglasses but for those "holy crap the sun is in my face" moments first thing in the morning, it works well enough to make a difference.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

wby0001

I'm a fan of the chrome, but I also tend to wear a good pair of sunglasses underneath on a really bright day.
that's an awesome helmet! i really thought about getting it, mainly because i love america and that helmet to me just screams "america, #@&% yeah"

but i ended up going with a shoei rf-1100, which came with a deal for a free visor. went with the dark smoke and it looks great against the black of the helmet. keeps the sun out really well of course too.