Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

MikeN02

Just wondering what type of different helmet visors do you guys use? And recommend?

I started off with a Dark Smoke Shield on my KBC VR2 Helmet. Looks nice and kept the sun away.

Now I have a Chrome/Mirror shield on my Seven O Seven Helmet and it's ok, sometimes I look in the mirror and I can see through, only if you're looking hard enough.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Roaddawg

I have a clear visor with a built in flip down tinted visor for the sun since I ride to work in the dark but come home in the sunlight, or visa-versa.

Heineken

Elite Member

porky45

I have dark smoke. I don't have to wear my sunglasses when I go for long day rides which is nice because i get that pinching on my temples that eventually gives me a headache. I just wear sunglasses and use my clear visor on the way to work as it's only a 15 minute ride.

MikeN02

Sometimes I regret have bought a shield instead of glasses because the sun is glaring down on me yet i'm in this hot helmet instead of having the wind.

So it's an argument of weather I want

The Sun in my eyes + Fresh Wind Breeze

Or Sun out of my eyes + Hotness.

porky45

I can't stand riding over 30 with my shield open and glasses. Not only do I get a horrible whistling sound, but My eyes also start to water as the glasses do not completely block the wind. I have multiple vents on my helmet that help keep the heat at a tolerable level.

gearhead

I use a clear shield because I wear glasses. I have a comfortable pair of prescription sunglasses which are awesome for using under the helmet. They don't wrap behind the ears, just sit on top; it makes putting them on with the helmet quick and easy. Snug enough without slipping down my nose either. If you wear glasses, I'm sure you can relate. Been thinking about having a dark smoke shield for those days I wear contacts, but then, if it gets dark I would have to ride with the visor open and that would really dry out the contacts. What do you guys with contacts do?

Heineken

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I have a dark smoke on my Scorpion EXO700 that I use all the time. On occasion I use the clear one at night.

FitZ6R

Clear shield with a tint band at the top.

MikeN02

Is it possible to wear the Light smoke shield at night? It's not that dark but I also know that you can't wear tinted ones at night...

porky45

Is it possible to wear the Light smoke shield at night? It's not that dark but I also know that you can't wear tinted ones at night...
I have worn my dark tinted one at night before. it's definitely not the smartest thing one can do, but you can still see. I would reckon that the light smoke would be ok at night.

My problem was that the lightsmoke visors did not have enough tint when it came to the sun.

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

Ah! I don't usually wear glasses or contacts, so listen to Jon on that one!

flyingminno

I actually wore a light smoke for a while day and night. I actually felt the light smoke worked for me better than clear. I wear contacts and with a clear shield, sometimes I get some stars and glares with a clear shield. The light smoke tended to take that away.
Yeah on occasion, I've had to ride at night with my mirrored visor. It's not that bad when there are oncoming cars, but on a dark stretch of road I have no choice but to flip it up and take the wind. During the day I ride with that as well as my sunglasses underneath. I find it helps me focus on the rocks scattered on the road more clearly during my weekly mountain rides.

Heineken

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited: