Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

BoneJj

I had to choose to ride with a clear shield this winter. When it fogged up on my ride home at night, it had way more visibility than my smoked shield.

Summer is back. I'm back to rocking the smoke shield. Not only does it help my sand-burned eyes (previous post or maybe thread, you'll have to search for it if you care), it minimizes the brightness, keeps the heat of the sun off my face and it's just cool as shit!

For me, if it not's fogged, the loss of night-time visibility is minimal, compared to what I'd suffer on the ride into work with a clear shield.
sunglasses dopey, just put a pair on. That's what I've been doing for the last 15 years. It works.

DarkWing

sunglasses dopey, just put a pair on. That's what I've been doing for the last 15 years. It works.
I got a bell helmet (not exactly sure which one right now) but its modular with flip down sun visor. Love it!!!!

BoneJj

I got a bell helmet (not exactly sure which one right now) but its modular with flip down sun visor. Love it!!!!
yeah, I couldn't find one that fit my dome that had that option. I'm hoping that my next one will have something like that.

For now though, it's sunglasses, though I might have to get a new shield for mine as the anti-fog coating has finally started to fail on the shield after pretty much 2 years. Not a bad run with it...

xJoshuaDrakex

I have a Icon Variant helmet with a dark smoke visor. Love this helmet but it does get hard to see riding at night. I also have a Seven Zero Seven Vendetta 3 helmet with clear visor and flip down tinted visor. I love this feature but the helmet itself is not the greatest. My other backup helmet is a Bilt helmet with a mirror visor. This looks pretty sweet and not as bad when riding at night. I still think the internal flip down is the best but it doesnt look as cool as a dark smoke or mirror visor.

ylwf3vr

Just bought a chrome/mirror finish visor for my Torc.. it's not bad but fogs up pretty bad.. worse than the clear one. So I might change back to the clear visor.

My back up is Scorpion EXO500 with clear visor.

Both have the flip down shade, and like everyone has said, I love that feature.