Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

BoneJj

It gets even better.
I run a contour camera and it has dual lasers to assist in setting the horizontal angle of the cam. (If it had 3 beams it would be "Predator" perfect).
I stopped the other day next to a car of hot school girls and they were looking at me and my bike and making all kinds of noise yelling and going nutz. I was running the helmet without a dark shield as it was cloudy. (They had no idea how old I was..LOL).
So I hit the button on my cam to activate the lasers (they turn on for 60 seconds) pointed it towards them to get their attention and then hit the dark button on the helmet....
They totally freaked.....and sat there after the light turned green and I took off....totally silent....ha ha ha ha
This is a bummer that I can't get one for my bell helmet, that would make for some real fun right there.

Spunky99

BoneJj

They make universal units. That's what I have on my helmet.
Look here.
e-Tint LCD Motorcycle Visor Inserts
That's really tempting. The only thing I don't like is that you have to loop the wire around the edge of the visor. That would cause a lot of issues with sealing. I might consider drilling a small hole and feeding the wires through it and then sealing with a small amount of epoxy.

This just went on my list of toys to get.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Spunky99

That's really tempting. The only thing I don't like is that you have to loop the wire around the edge of the visor. That would cause a lot of issues with sealing. I might consider drilling a small hole and feeding the wires through it and then sealing with a small amount of epoxy.

This just went on my list of toys to get.
That's exactly what I thought when mine arrived and it came with the universal unit on a regular clear screen. How the F&@k is this gonna seal on the freeway? I was pissed because they installed it wrong and it was coming off the shield at the top and bottom in the center. I pealed it off and reattached it correctly after watching the video several times. I didn't have the marked piece to do the alignment but it came out perfect anyway. Amazingly the shield seals perfectly with ZERO WHISTLE OR NOISE.I tested it as all speeds up and including 110 mph...

BoneJj

That's exactly what I thought when mine arrived and it came with the universal unit on a regular clear screen. How the F&@k is this gonna seal on the freeway? I was pissed because they installed it wrong and it was coming off the shield at the top and bottom in the center. I pealed it off and reattached it correctly after watching the video several times. I didn't have the marked piece to do the alignment but it came out perfect anyway. Amazingly the shield seals perfectly with ZERO WHISTLE OR NOISE.I tested it as all speeds up and including 110 mph...
Interesting, I would like to get one but I know it's going to be a little while.

darksidefz6r

I use a clear with a built in smoked flip down. Nice being able to take off and if I don't return before dark I can flip it up and I'm good to go without trying to carry a spare or just flipping the main up and having nothing to protect my eyes.

Kayo7

My other vote is because I have HJC's helmet with a clear visor, but it also has a slide down sun visor in it that I can use if I'm not wearing my sunglasses.

Detrich

I use the HJC at night. Daytime I use a dark smoke shield. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

BoneJj

I love the look (from outside and inside) of a tinted visor... but I hate having to carry and extra visor and swapping them out. I got a Scorpion EXO-500 with drop down shield inside. Not great, but better than swapping. I've even used sunglasses behind the drop down tint on really bright days.

Btw, that drop down WONT keep pollen and dirt and stuff from getting in your eyes
I've been wanting to get a helmet with a drop down setup but the problem for me has been finding one that fits my bulbous head that has a drop down visor...

Oh well, maybe on day... Right now though I need to look at getting me a scorpion helmet.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

i dont think i got in on this thread/ pole while it was open, but i use to ride with a dark smoke lens and didnt mind it, now that i have the fz6r i ride with a clear lens. I first thought i would upgrade and get the gold mirror lens they offer for my helmet but found that i liked to wear my sunglasses in my helmet better than always having a dark lens, because at night i can just take my sunglasses off and put them in my tank bag or i could even put on yellow lensed glasses for night riding....on top of that i could ride with my visor open with my glasses on which i enjoy quite a bit
You do make a point there, I do tend to ride with the visor up a lot when I have the sun glasses on. especially on hot days... you can get that nice cool air into the helmet and make you a little more comfortable.

bjcat1975

I have the same helmet and love it. But I live in the Pacific NW (WA State) and this time of year I am having so many problems with fog in the mornings.

Unlike rain, I can't just turn my head to the side and make it go away. Any problems with that (doubt, you being in Flordia)? Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent other than carring a rag with me and doing a quick wipe at a stop?

Thanks

BoneJj

I have the same helmet and love it. But I live in the Pacific NW (WA State) and this time of year I am having so many problems with fog in the mornings.

Unlike rain, I can't just turn my head to the side and make it go away. Any problems with that (doubt, you being in Flordia)? Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent other than carring a rag with me and doing a quick wipe at a stop?

Thanks
I personally now have a bell, rs1 helmet and it came with an anti fog shield and that has been a blessing. It has some kind of coating on the inside that prevents fogging and it's truly worked countless times. In florida we do have a lot of issues with evening and morning fog at various times of the year and at those times riding over bridges and near water can play havoc on your visor.

That I have to say has been one of the reason I've been a little leery of getting rid of my bell helmet. I like the visor so much. I've used other helmets were around here as soon as you hit any of those temperature change spots, and there are a lot of them, you get instant full fogged visor and can't see crap...

So, yes, the anti fog coating on my visor has been a blessing. On days were I'm riding with a friend and there are potential spots of issue we get to our destination and my friend will be complaining about the fog while I will be looking at him like WTH are you talking about, I had not one issue... lol.

Detrich

My AGV dark shield really sux as far as anti-fog goes during winter time. But, I use the notch lever on the chin to set it to slightly propped setting and then the fog goes away instantaneously.

At higher elevations, sometimes the difference in temps between ur body inside the lid vs outside makes it impossible for even the best anti-fog shields to work.

Leaving that tiny little gap at the bottom of the shield and not locking it shut essentially acts as a vacuum and sucks out all the extra moisture. I wear soft contacts too, and the very slight amount of air flow created by the gap is completely negligible and doesn't affect my eyes at all.

buzzbomb

Elite Member