Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Looks like half of those are wearing the same leather vest!
Is that a MC club or good price vest in the local stores there?

pjmac5

I am not necessarily the kind of guy who harps on some idiot for what he/she wears when riding. I figure if they end up getting scraped off the pavement, that is between them, their family and God.

However, today seemed to be flip-flop Monday. Flip-flops make me cringe because I can imagine several ways a rider can lose a toe or a foot during the most innocent of mishaps.

The first guy I saw was wearing only board shorts, a helmet and flip-flops. I could not get a picture because he went flying by and I never saw him at a light or place I could snap a shot but it was crazy. 30 minutes later...I did get a shot of this guy. Not as bad as the first, but still with flip-flops, CRAZY!

Attachments

Last edited:

BoneJj

I forgot to turn the camera on earlier when I was riding around. I must have seen a good dozen people out on bikes wearing flip flops, shorts, hardly a shirt and that's it.

I saw a total of one other rider tonight with at least a semblance of gear on. Whatever, it's not me so if they want to have their skin all over the road then that's up to them. It does make me cringe when I see it though...

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Personally, when I ride it's ATGATT. Even if it's 5mins down to the shops, But we all have the right to wear what we like on the roads (depending on local laws). I just hope these people that don't wear protective gear never find out how much flesh would come off when they hit the road at any speed.
I'm on the fence about this. I've got a Y that is about 3/4 mile from my house. Due to time restraints, most of the time I drive there (my knees are trashed so running is not an option for my anymore), but it seems really silly to load up the pants, jacket, and gloves for a 3 minute neighborhood ride. I've crashed on the road on my bicycle at 15mph once and destroyed my helmet. Freakin' helmet saved me from being a vegetable. The road-rash sucked too.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

BoneJj

That can't even be comfortable on the shifter side with flip flops... blah
A lot of them have the heel shifter attachment for up-shifting. That's how the vulcan I had for a while as well.