What Not To Wear (while riding)

Fizzer6R

if i was riding behind that gal in the first page pic, I'd prob. crash trying to get so close to see if there's a thong under that quality gear :p

Skirat

Anyone for some blackened rabbit?

Attachments

Fizzer6R

haha squid bunny is right! - heck at least that suit might offer more protection than the other's shorts and t-shirt

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Detrich

what not 'not' to wear when riding? ummm... GEAR! =(

found this thread on the R6 forum about some guy's crash not wearing anything but a helmet. and, it's not pretty... the guy is ok, but the pictures speak for themselves. don't look at it if you're easily queasy..

Wrecked my bike yesterday.... : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

iSpoolin

There's a lot of information on this site about riding form. The best thing you can do is read Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist and Twist of the Wrist II. Lee Parks book Total Control is also a great book to read as well as others. Also Keith Codes video Twist of the Wrist II is excellent for visual references. But for a simple visual, here's a couple of pictures of different riders form.

Completely upright, weight too high and to the outside, arms are locked, too much lean angle for the body position.

This is the epitope of being "crossed up." Lower body off the bike into the corner, but the upper body is still up high, over the center of the bike, arms too locked, weight is going to be very unbalanced like this. Notice how he looks twisted on the bike.

Here's a picture of me from a little over a year ago using the same poor "crossed up" body positioning.

Proper Body positioning for the speed and lean angle. Body low, upper body and lower body equally off the bike and to the inside, arms bent and loose, head turned into the corner.

Again, not that my form is perfect, in fact most riders form could use some tweeks, but compare the pic above of me and this one. My upper body is much lower and aligned with the lower half of the body in this shot. This is why these photographers are such a great tool to have around here. They give you a visual of what you're really doing compared to what you think you're doing.

Sitting straight up on the bike is fine if you're not riding hard. When you use proper body positioning, you can go the same speed through a turn and use less lean angle. At the same time, you can use the same lean angle and go much faster when you have your body/weight in the proper position.
Hey Jon, where can you actually buy the BOOK of twist of the wrist 2? I have the video, but can't find the book anywhere :S

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

KingDP

Not to sound like a dick or anything but am i the only one that finds it strange that your sitting on this corner taking photos of random passerbys? or are these people actually hiring you to take photos of them?

Sparkxx1

Not to sound like a dick or anything but am i the only one that finds it strange that your sitting on this corner taking photos of random passerbys? or are these people actually hiring you to take photos of them?
JonKerr doesn't take them there are photographers on many routes taking pictures. They then upload at the end of the day and you cans search for yours. After finding yourself if you like it you can buy it. Or something like that...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, those aren't pics taken by Jon. Professional photogs sit out on popular roads for motorcycles and snap shots all day long. Then the pics are uploaded to their websites so that you can purchase your picture.

dndfindley

Yeah, those aren't pics taken by Jon. Professional photogs sit out on popular roads for motorcycles and snap shots all day long. Then the pics are uploaded to their websites so that you can purchase your picture.
Absolutely correct. It's done on the Dragon by several different companies. They usually take a couple of days to show up on their website and then you can preview for free, even download if you don't mind the website name written across the picture. If you want one or more you order and pay for them. It's a business. David

JonKerr

Elite Member

KingDP

Ah, I see. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited: