What Not To Wear (while riding)

AngryAnt

For you guys that got your first issue of the free magazine subscription (I actually just drew a blank as to the name of it) - there's a picture near the back of a guy on a 'busa in a polo, shorts, and a bell *bicycle* helmet.

I LOL'd.

b_who

For you guys that got your first issue of the free magazine subscription (I actually just drew a blank as to the name of it) - there's a picture near the back of a guy on a 'busa in a polo, shorts, and a bell *bicycle* helmet.

I LOL'd.
Hahahhaha i was dieing when i read that lil article

toofless

I LOL'd.
yeah i saw that, funny stuff
i'll try to scan it in in a bit...

iSpoolin

I LOL'd.
You mistaked a yamaha for a busa :eek:

Bloke

The best protection is a one piece race suit. If it protects you best at high speed, it'll do the job at any speed. Anything less is a compromise for comfort, fashion, etc. (So......How many are changing their attire to race suits?)
I'd disagree. The best protection on a track (nice big run off areas, mostly involving sliding along tarmac, gravel and grass due to low sides etc) is a one piece race suit.

The best protection on the street requires waterproofing, venting, warmth to minimise discomfort and distraction, requires good impact protection for when you go flying over cars and crash barriers, requires good abrasion protection and puncture resistance to deal with the smashed glass, rocks and general shit you'll be sliding and tumbling over on the road.

Protection is more than just bring able to slide really well. Granted the splint like effect of leathers on broken limbs is amazing, but on most 1 piece race suits I've seen the impact protection is lacking due to weight and flexibility issues.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Wooster

I caught this driving into work the other day while in my Jeep. I'm far from ATGATT, but this is just stupid....LOL

Attachments

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

I caught this driving into work the other day while in my Jeep. I'm far from ATGATT, but this is just stupid....LOL
I don't see how people even think about riding like that. the WORST I do is ride with normal workboots and khakis to work.

Queen

I know this is the "what not to wear" thread but I just gotta say, I can't believe how many women you guys have riding out there!! :thumbup: If I see another woman when I'm out for a ride it's very unusual.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

i wish i had more ppl to ride with that i could learn from. i usually ride alone, because i like to go mostly mid pm. that's when all the early bird bikers & cagers are already done using the canyons as their personal race track. and, it just feels a lot safer when there's less traffic, imo.

if i woke up early and went with the riding groups, it doesn't always help me. for one, most of those guys are just too damned fast to begin with. and, second, i always end up sweeping anyways- because i don't like being pressured by having faster ppl behind me riding my ass.

so, i guess i'll just have to practice slowly on my own pace. :\ sigh

JonKerr

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Bartholomew

Does this count as riding under dressed, or just not being able to find protective gear that fits? I don't know who this fellow is (I think it is a fellow). I came across the photo surfing the internet. I think I Googled " pictures of a full moon" and this was one! :eek: (no I'm not making fun of heavy people, but I wonder if he goes fast enough his butt with start whistling?)

Bloke

Maybe he's using road rash as his weight loss plan, just sand a few layers of fat off?

I'm like a 44" waist, and I know I'm a fat bastard. how the hell do you get that big!?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]

I'm a big guy, and personally, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about the way I look on a bike. As long as I am having fun, that is all that matters. And I bet that dude is having a grand ol time.