99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I think this image is very telling! :eek:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Sparkxx1

I want to go to Palomar, but have it totally empty. I find the best way to learn is through experience only. I went up to some very mild twisties in upstate new york and I came back a totally different rider.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Sparkxx1

We would all like Paly to be empty. LOL. We actually approached the police and county to propose a Palomar time trial "race" where we shut down the street and actually run an event with the Police. Entry fees, sponsors, all going to charity, etc... Idea was shot down really fast. Shortly after that the county cut the grooves in the road on the center DY.

When I was out of work for a little while, I went there around 9:00AM in the middle of the week a few times and it was about as empty as you could get. I actually don't ride there all that often. It's an hour ride away from me (it'a very fun twisty ride to get there so it's worth it) I usually will head up there if I'm with some friends who want to ride there or on my own if I've changed something on the bike. Different tires, bar position, etc... It's a good test on how the bike will feel. I need to get up there soon to see how the bike feels with the new offset pegs. This time of year you really have to watch for debris in the road because it snows A LOT up there.
I know it wouldn't be empty but I can dream! :sinister::drool:

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

I noticed that if I don't ride consistently & frequently, I start getting really slow- not that I was ever remotely fast to begin with. But, sometimes I just get tired of chasing the jonses and just like cruising & enjoying the scenery... Guess I'm getting old. xP

CDN6R

Jon Kerr:: I know that You Tube probably has lots of videos,,but has there ever been videos from Palomar Riders that are for sale on DVD? I think that it would be neat to see a video with narration of different riders,styles,good and not so good for a learning experience. The not so good styles don't have to be anything really graphic (injuries/blood) but just examples of bad riding form,and good riding form. If it was avaliable I would purchase it. Laurie.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

iSpoolin

Jon, what site is it you get all these pics from?

iSpoolin

Laurie: Best place to start:

Amazon.com: A Twist of the Wrist II: Keith Code, Chief: Movies & TV

there is no point in following bad riding styles... just focus on what you should be doing...

semi-quote from the book: never focus on what you did wrong, or what you could have done better, focus on what you did right and you will incrementally get better.
Do they actually sell a book with that Dart? I have the movie that I downloaded, but i've wanted the book forever.

CDN6R

Yes there are a couple of books by Keith Code,,but I never heard of the Video(Thanks Dart). Until I got the 6R I was out of the motorcycle world for many,many years.

Spunky99

JonKerr

Elite Member

iSpoolin

The main ones are:
hwy94photo.com
1904photography.com
rickclemson.com
motofoto.us

These are the main local photographers who sit up in our local mountain twisties, taking pics of mainly bikes, but also cars on the weekends. You can usually use the low res watermarked ones like I post up but they also sell the full res shots online. A lot of guys will run laps up and down to get multiple shots from different angles. There are some good and some bad things about them.

Good:
1. You get to see yourself on your bike. Can't get much better than that.

2. I actually have used their pictures to help tune my riding form and abilities a lot. What you feel like you're doing and what you really are doing on the bike can be two very different things.

Bad:
1. You can get a lot of guys showing off, doing stupid things for the photographers. Have seen a number of crashes from guys doing this.

2. They sometimes bring some unwanted attention from the police even if we're not really doing anything wrong.
Thanks Jon, I agree on those bad points there. 90% of the riders here would die if there were cameras in the corners.

But here in WV all there is is corners so maybe not :cool: