What Not To Wear (while riding)

raven6

I don't know Jon, I think this guy is just showing everyone that he DOES have gear on.... :p

Attachments

JonKerr

Elite Member

raven6

OK You got me there. I guess the thread should be be What Not To Wear OR Do lol. I'll go through and find some of those as what not to do on the road even if you're fully geared up.
lol.... yeah I see that a lot around here too, we have a road down in the Austin/Lake Travis area called Lime Creek Rd where all the big boys go to play.... you see people do some crazy stuff on that road too...

but boy its lots of fun to run.. :D

Attachments

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncx5qWrusCA]YouTube - ‪2Up Riding: RIDE SMART 8/15/09‬‏[/ame]

ChUcK

For some reason the pics of the gloveless riders freak me right out. I have operated motorcycles gloveless before (pulling bike around from backyard to street) and I have a hard time operating the controls very smoothly with bare hands. The guys who look comfortable doing it must ride like that often in order to get used to it.

Big fan of the guy in shorts, topsiders, and no socks. He must sacrifice a ton of lean angle because his huge balls are always dragging.

kevin8198

Elite Member

ChUcK

I'm sure if I rode gloveless enough I would find that it is indeed easier to do without gloves. It's just such a weird feeling because of the shock, I guess. Like how a lemon tastes way more sour if you have been eating spoonfuls of sugar all day.

CrazyCawi

I think the controls are hyper sensitive and the gloves limit me

JonKerr

Elite Member

pgillen

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLY1lCHQoNE]YouTube - ‪Isle Of Man TT 2011 130 Mph (Naked)‬‏[/ame]
PHP:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I can only image the kind of flopping and wind burn that would result from that.... :eek:

short_guy

Skid lid, no gloves, jeans - not the best example... Or, just don't ride while wearing a politician :D

Attachments

dndfindley

Getting the idea from Detrich in another thread, I'll go a head and start this one up. This is a funny thread but with a serious undertone. Like I mentioned with all the professional photographers around here who sit on our local twisties and take pics all weekend of the motorcycles, we see some crazy things that people wear while riding. Many times these are the guys are riding way over their heads and unfortunately, the ones who give most of us who wear the proper gear, a bad name. I'll come on here from time to time when I run accross pics that I find funny or scary and put them up.

So here's the most recent one that I saw that just made me :jawdrop: No gear and horrible form to boot. Leaned over that far with form like that is just asking for a crash.

On one hand it's sexy as hell. (Although the back pack is a little off putting) On the other hand you realize just how dumb she is.
Educate me. I have never had mine that far over but what is she doing wrong? The FZ6R is my first sportbike so I am taking it slow as far riding fast in the twisties - I'm not Harley/Goldwing slow mind you - just nowhere as quick as the average sportbike rider. David

dndfindley

Skid lid, no gloves, jeans - not the best example... Or, just don't ride while wearing a politician :D
Sarah Palin could ride on the back of my bike anytime she wanted. I'll stay away from politics unless someone wants to delve in but I am a huge fan and supporter of Sarah. David

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member