New member welcome thread

JonKerr

Elite Member

Steph2013

Hey - another new member here! My name is Stephanie and I live in Newfoundland, Canada. I'm 35 and have been riding for only 2yrs.. why did I wait so log to try this motorcycle thing out? :) I was riding a Ninja 250 and just upgraded to a 2013 FZ6R this week. Super happy with my new purchase!

khasfz6r11

New

I am new to this forum, though I have referenced it several times. I just picked up a brand new 2011 FZ6R that a dealer still had sitting around.
I used to ride quite a bit on a variety of bikes vfr 750, cbr900, vmax, st1100.
I am looking forward to getting back into and getting my wife and son hooked as well!

Rumpig

Hi All,

Just joined up after buying a new 2013 FZ6R and i've already been bitten by the "mod bug". Derestricted already, tail tidy ordered, plans to mod the stock exhaust and airbox etc, etc ha-ha.

jse89

Hey Guys

My Name is Jared and I'm from Elk Grove CA. The 2013 fz6r is my first bike and been riding for just a little under a year now. Already put an M4 exhaust, fender eliminator, shogun frame sliders, and proton flush mount turn signals. Hope to change my mirrors soon. Any fz6r riders in the Sacramento area?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jarshie

Don't know how I missed this... but you've probably seen me zooming through before, been on my Raven for over four years and commute from Bluemont-Sterling down rt 7 as much as possible on the bike... we've got a handful of us in the area
Man, small world... I'm always riding down 7 to Sterling and back. 9/10 wearing a black stickered up helmet, black on white alpinestars jacket. Will try to keep my eye out for you

Louisfz6r

noob to site from WA

Hi everyone, the name is Louis and I'm from Eastern WA (Yakima Valley) area. I have a Blue 2009 Yamaha FZ6R that I bought new in July 09'. Mostly stock with a K&N Airfilter, Piaa headlight, Shogun frame sliders, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 Tires f&r, and Custom FZ6R Fender eliminator. Future mods would include 2 bros exhaust kit with juice box. Just glad to find a community thats FZ6R specific. If anyone is near me and wants to ride just give me a shout. Going to change spark plugs soon... I'm at 8200 and a buddy of mine recommended. Cheers!:)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Louisfz6r

Thanks for the welcome and advice. It seems I need to do more research on the fz6r because after joining up I've found out about mods I never knew existed. I think until I get the funds for the full exhaust just modding the stock one like some have done to have tone. Also others have modded the airbox too. Thats worth lookin into.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Thanks for the welcome and advice. It seems I need to do more research on the fz6r because after joining up I've found out about mods I never knew existed. I think until I get the funds for the full exhaust just modding the stock one like some have done to have tone. Also others have modded the airbox too. Thats worth lookin into.
i pulled my airbox and cut off the entire area before the filter. its actually insanely loud when full throttle and sitting on the seat. Definitely worth the sound bonus. :p

snyder

My turn

I am from Cincinnati, OH. Moved away for about 10 years, but back for the family for a bit. This is my restart to motorcycle riding. Tried years ago on an older BMW K75 and never felt comfortable. Last year I completed the MSF (thank you to my instructors) and now I am thrilled to be riding again and this time...loving it. I now have a 2009 FZ6R and really enjoying.

Been around motorcycles, cars and my Dad's auto repair shop my whole life. I love working on my cars/bikes as well as driving/riding them.

Excited to be part of this forum.

Attachments

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member