New member welcome thread

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Richie21

My name is basil haven't introduced myself but have learned a lot from this forum. I currently live in Yuma, Az. I sometimes ride with my friend that has an R6 but wouldn't mind meeting new people to ride with especially another fz6r.

_Challe_

Hi

Im Charlie, 28 years old.
Living in Sweden.

Been riding bikes all my life, mostly dirtbikes / supermotos but ive spent a fair ammount of time on alot diffrent bikes.

My most recent purchase: Yamaha Xj6-N 2013 was kinda impulse buy and i had my doubts before i tried it out.
Sure, its not very fast. Not much "anything" but yet it is very enjoyable in my opinion.

Im really looking forward to spend a couple of years on this one :D

13FZ6R

Hi
Im Mark, Im 20 years old, and im from New Jersey.
Just picked up a new 2013 Fz6r for my first bike to own.
Havent gotten my first mile on it yet and dont plan to until my "extreme makeover" gets done throughout the next month.
My other vehicle is an 06 Charger R/T thats heavily moddified.
Heres the bike stock, and one of the last times itll appear in a picture stock.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dave

Noob Dave

New to the forum. 6r is my first street bike but I've had many dirt bikes. I live in Tulsa Ok. If anyone wants to do a grooup ride over in NW Arkansas that would be cool. Some of the best bike roads in the US are found just east of me and I know most of them. I have been taking my old Del Sol there for years. Ready to take them on with my 6r.

defiant26

Intro

My name is Chris Edwards and I'm from Morganton, NC. I bought my 2013 FZ6R about a month ago and I'm loving it. I'm new to riding and could not be happier with the FZ6R. So far, I have put about 650 miles on it and recently did the first oil change. I can't believe I have been missing out on riding for all these years. I have not driven my truck since I got this thing. My dad has ridden almost his whole life. My brother recently purchased a bike so we go riding almost every chance we get. If there are any 6R's in my area, hit me up. I love riding with my dad and his friends but they are all hog riders. Nothing wrong with that and they accept me with open arms. I would just like to ride with some 6r's sometime. Anyways thats me. Love the forum!!

Haven68

hello, basically new to this forum,

Hello everyone, been a member of this forum for a few months and I'm just getting around to introducing myself, I am 22 and I live in Richmond ky! Don't know anyone else close to me that rides an fz6r but would love to meet people to ride with, I just recently bought my bike, it is my first and I love it, I have a 2010 fz6r, rear finder eliminator with led turn signal and brake lite combo, flush mounts, custom led front turn signal mirrors, shorty levers, power commander, tbr full exhaust system,

Just last night I started stripping it down though I thought I would try the naked look for a while but I'm running into some issues, I have no idea what brackets to buy to mount my cluster and headlight, I don't wanna buy an fz8 front end. And I've seen lots of posts about it but not really seen any specific bracket description, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be fabulous,

Thanks everyone and happy riding,
Fill free to add me on Facebook as well!
Haven O'Conner

the8thst

New Motorcycle Day

Hello all,

I just joined the club today. I sold my first motorcycle (V-Star 650 which was a perfect first bike) last Tuesday and rode home a new-to-me FZ6R this afternoon.

I live in Minneapolis, MN and look forward to riding every chance I get before winter shows up to bum us all out.

I saw somewhere on here that posting pics is pretty much a tradition for NMD, so mine are attached to the post. The new bike is a 2009 with only 5,400 miles (and judging from the big *** chicken strips there were EASY miles). The bike doesn't even feel broken in yet and I am stoked.

Attachments

m3tric

Hello all,

I just joined the club today. I sold my first motorcycle (V-Star 650 which was a perfect first bike) last Tuesday and rode home a new-to-me FZ6R this afternoon.

I live in Minneapolis, MN and look forward to riding every chance I get before winter shows up to bum us all out.

I saw somewhere on here that posting pics is pretty much a tradition for NMD, so mine are attached to the post. The new bike is a 2009 with only 5,400 miles (and judging from the big *** chicken strips there were EASY miles). The bike doesn't even feel broken in yet and I am stoked.
Welcome to the club! I also live near Minneapolis and ride a 2013 FZ6R.

Cstewart101

Hey guys. My name is chris 24 just bought my brand new 2014 fz6r. I took the msf and got my lic about 8 years ago in high school. I started riding a bit on an r6 and a cbr 600 for a brief time. Few years later of not riding I traded in my Chevy silverado.

Living in Orange County. Always looking for new riders. My brothers all have bikes including an r6 and a r1. Just about to put 600 miles behind the wheel. Looking forward to many more.

Mods I've mad already was putting flush mount led signals, an integrated tail light smoked out len, and eliminated the fender.

ch33zecake

Hello! I would like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Kenny. I will be purchasing a Pearl White FZ6R next weekend which will be my first bike. I just got my permit today and will be taking the MSF course next week.

I do have somewhat of a motorcycle background. I've ridden dirt bikes in my teen years. I've gotten in 2 major accidents in which the last one has me with a metal plate holding my left collarbone together. Then I joined the Navy and haven't ridden anything since then. I've read a lot of DIY threads. I did all the maintenance on my old YZ250F and seems like I'm able to handle any basic maintenance on this bike.

I wasn't sure what bike to get at first. I've done a lot of research on the Ninja 650R and the FZ6R. I've roamed this forum countless hours on information about this bike, and it seems like this bike will suit me well. The reason why I didn't end up going with a 250 or 300 is because I used to have a 250 dirt bike and rode it very hard when I was younger. I know for a fact I would out outgrow a 250 in a very short time frame. The reason why I didn't go with an R6 is because I know better.

I haven't really had any experience with riding a motorcycle on the streets. The closest thing to that was riding a small scooter in downtown Honolulu when I went to visit Hawaii. I thought that was pretty fun and actually made me want to get my own motorcycle. So I guess the MSF course will teach me all the good habits and things to look out for to prevent possible accidents. I can't wait to get started!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ch33zecake

Welcome!

Biggest difference dirt to street.... all the cages not paying attention... just watch out for them, THEY DO NOT SEE YOU!!!! they can literally be starring straight through you to that car behind, thinking they can beat the car....

fz6r is a great bike, will take a beating and easy enough to work on at home.
Yeah I can picture myself being that guy! Haha thanks for the advice.

ScarlettX

Semi New Member

Hi Everyone!

I have been on the forum for a year. I bought my 2012 Pearl White FZ6R last August and rode for about a month. Life got busy and I recently started riding again along with doing massive mods to the bike. I took my first road trip last week from WPB, FL to St. Augustine, FL and it was awesome.

I will update my signature with my mods this weekend.

Scarlett

windmill50

Good morning!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!! My name is Larry,

I am currently living in San Diego and I have a 2011 fz6r. It is nice to see so many other people here that have the same bike. Being in San Diego I haven't seen to many fz6r's. I have seen lots of R1's and R6's. I am new to riding and I only ride on the side street for right now. Hopefully I will be able to put the bike on the freeway soon, but I am not ready for that yet. Plus any tips that anyone has on riding would be greatly appreciated. I am 6'9 so if there are any taller riders out there your suggestions would really be great.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Dok1

New member/new rider

I would like to introduce myself, my name is David, I live in the Conejo Valley and work in Los Angeles. I joined the forum about a month ago, posted a few posts, and figured good time as any to get the formalities out of the way.
Although most of my friends rode as I was growing up, due to an early accident(I was a passenger on the bike), my desire to ride faded until recently. Under the advice of a good friend I bought a '78 DT175 to become familiar with riding street and dirt. After a month of messin' around, I took a MSC and got my license. Realizing how limited I was on the bike purchased, I started researching several bikes under a friends suggestion. And that's when I became interested in the Sixxer.
I looked at used bikes for weeks, sat on a few new bikes at the dealer, and against a friends advice, decided to purchase a new '14. Since then I've been very happy.
Twice a day through the canyon to the coast, hang at Neptunes Net or watch the waves near Big Sycamore, then back through and home. Commuting on the 101 and 405 during rush hour isn't bad compared to sitting in my car stuck at 2mi/hr.

I believe in AGATT, though I do see a lot of brothers out there in T-shirts and skullcaps, enjoying the breeze against bare skin. I don't rely on gear to keep me alive, but the protection bought, I wear or I just don't ride. My family is too important to be selfish, in the event of an 'accident', I wasn't protected as well as could be. I've been told over again, " The first two years of riding are the most vulnerable period when something can or will happen, always be prepared for something you didn't expect or see coming. Cages, road hazards, debris can/will kill you, if your not ready and expecting it."

Been riding by myself, always looking for people to ride with and advice from experienced riders. I'm new to this at 51yrs., don't have too much of an ego to bruise and want to enjoy the ride.

Thanks for listening.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member