New member welcome thread

exallium

Hey All!

I'm from Halifax, NS and I just bought my first bike this week! (Blue 2009 FZ6R)

By day I'm a software developer, making games and other cool apps for android phones.

My buddy got me up on his 125cc motorcycle earlier this year and I loved it, so I took the dive, and a safety course, and am really excited to enter this new world (and own my first vehicle)

~Alex

BigRobb

Hey All!

I'm from Halifax, NS and I just bought my first bike this week! (Blue 2009 FZ6R)

By day I'm a software developer, making games and other cool apps for android phones.

My buddy got me up on his 125cc motorcycle earlier this year and I loved it, so I took the dive, and a safety course, and am really excited to enter this new world (and own my first vehicle)

~Alex
Welcome! 4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul! Nothing else quite like it. Closest I can get to flying :)

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

latony007

Hey All!

~Alex
Welcome, you will love this bike. Be safe. lots of ice up there. get good gear.

ylwf3vr

Welcome all!

Taco

Hello everyone! I am a fairly new rider (1 season in) from southern Illinois. I started out riding on a 1985 Honda Shadow until I came across a 2009 yellow FZ6R for a very reasonable price, and now here I am! I've always used forums to help me with maintenance (customtacos.com is excellent for anyone who happens to drive a tacoma) and I am very familiar with the idea of forums. I have many plans for my bike, but seeing as I work two jobs and go to school full time, I lack money and time to spend on my bike. I look forward to using this site, Thanks for making this!

Motomama

Welcome Taco. Looks like you have a full plate for yourself. Enjoy your bike. I think mods and retrofitting the bikes are fun, but all that will come. Focus on your school and everything should follow nicely.

FZ6R is a great bike. This is by far my favorite bike out of the three bikes I've owned.

Ride safe and have fun.

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

Zoë

FZ6R Southern Ontario

Mid summer 2013, passed M1 test, passed M1 exit course the following weekend. That was a hot wet weekend. Spent the rest of the summer under the M1 license restrictions. Since end of Sept all limitations lifted and M2 license received via mail!
Between business trips, I spend time at home with the kids, hubby and the bike.
With the weather changing I am desperate to squeeze out any time on the bike but it's been cold and wet. Hit the highway today, it was beautiful! Odometer is at 1200 km on my brand new baby!

Life is good when I am on my bike...

Thankful for the forum, looking to learn all that I can. Yep I'm a nerd not crotch rocket nut bar. ;)

Malicioso

G'day!

Name is Walter and I'm from Melbourne Australia

Just recently purchased a brand new 2013 FZ6R which has only been on the road merely a month and have since racked up 1100+kms since leaving the showroom floor, oh and I'm also a newbie at riding :)

Anyways hope to learn a whole load about the bike, mods and perhaps get to meet some fellow FZ6R owners in Melb....

Cheers!

Walter

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! .

ylwf3vr

G'day!

Name is Walter and I'm from Melbourne Australia

Just recently purchased a brand new 2013 FZ6R which has only been on the road merely a month and have since racked up 1100+kms since leaving the showroom floor, oh and I'm also a newbie at riding :)

Anyways hope to learn a whole load about the bike, mods and perhaps get to meet some fellow FZ6R owners in Melb....

Cheers!

Walter
Welcome welcome!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MarkChai

New Member- 2012 FZ6R

Hey ladies and gents-

I'm picking up a used 2012 FZ6R this weekend, and am glad to have found this forum! The bike is black and has been down on one side, but nothing major that I can't rehab over time. It's basically a scraped up streetfighter now (the new headlight looks a lot like what's on the FZ8).

I'm partial to Yamahas- I have a 1978 XS750 SE that is in great shape (bought it from the original owner), but I want to take it offline for a couple of months as I R&R a few things on it. There's something about the hotrod sound the old triple makes at WOT that I really love. I also had an '84 CB750C a few years back.

I've been thinking of getting a R6 or YZF6 (or similar) for a while, and figured the new(er), cheap, slightly scraped up FZ6 would be a great way dabble in sportbikes, without being distracted by the reliability issues of an older bike. The FZ6 seems like the ideal commuting bike which is most of my riding, and the smaller size is great for us California lane-splitters. The power to weight ratio alone is a while new world for me, and the fit and feel of the bike was a lot of fun on the test ride.

As I get to know this fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, high RPM machine, I'm sure I'll have some questions. 1st question on my list is where to get a used, right side crankcase cover from a wrecked bike to replace the scratched one!

I'm mechanically inclined, keep my bikes clean, and love to ride (been riding since 2007 I think). I'll be sure to share some images of the FZ6 soon - meanwhile here's the XS750!

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Last edited: