New member welcome thread

saross89

Hello,

my name is Stefan, I live in Italy, and since our italian FZ6R forum (it's called XJ6 around here) isn't that big of a deal, I decided to give this forum a try.
I've been riding for 8 months now, and I own a black/silver naked FZ6R. It's pretty much stock for now, but I have plans on modifying her soon.

Ride safe everyone!

Detrich

Welcome :)

bikergrl76

New/looking for info

Hi my name is Kendra
I don't have the FZ6R quite yet, but am looking at this as my next bike. ( my first & current bike is a 2009 Ninja 500) I signed on here to try to get some more information from the "experts" and non sales people! I am looking at purchasing a 2009 in white. It has graphics that have some pink outlining on it. I've never been a fan of pink, and want to change the color if possible. Does anyone have or has seen that bike (it appears that was an option from the manufacturer) & know if those graphics are over or under the clear coat? It's in a different state, so I'm not able to just go look for myself. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Hope to soon post that I am a FZ6R owner!

Chall92

FZ6R newbie!

Heyy I'm Claire from Houston, TX but going to college in Columbia, MO. I've ridden dirt bikes (Honda 150) since I was 10 years old and was so excited to finally get a street bike this summer. I got a paid internship and was finally able to afford one on my own! I got a BEAUTIFUL blue 2009 FZ6R with 3500 miles on it. I've had my license since like 2008/9 and this was the first time I was on a street bike since then. It couldn't have been a better match. It's a little front heavy which has been the hardest transition from a dirt bike but I'm getting used to it. I love this page and thanks for inviting us to introduce ourselves!

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Kungfunate

Hi folks! I'm Nathan. I've been lurking here a while and finally decided to register and partake in the great community of FZ6R riders!

I live in Renton, WA which is between Seattle and Tacoma. I work as a network engineer for Microsoft. I've been riding street and dirt bikes since about 2008.

I own a 2009 FZ6R. I bought it with 212 miles on it at a dealership in 2011. Someone bought it, rode it a few times, and decided they wanted a bigger bike so they traded it back in on a FZ1. It was a good deal for me because I picked it up almost new and with the factory warranty.

I also have a 99 YZ250 that's setup for trail riding, which is my primary interest in motorcycles! The FZ6R is really around to curb the addiction between offroad rides! My fiance also rides dirtbikes and is thinking of getting a baby Ninja some day.

Attachments

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Kungfunate

welcome Nathan!
Thanks JT! This forum has helped me mod and enjoy my FZ6R so much I figured I should finally stop lurking and create an account!

By the way, I lowered the front end of my bike by raising the shocks in the triple clamp as you have. I've only done 1" so far and it feels great! I might get bold enough to try some more but for now it's handling really well!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bikergrl76

Hi folks! I'm Nathan. I've been lurking here a while and finally decided to register and partake in the great community of FZ6R riders!

I live in Renton, WA which is between Seattle and Tacoma. I work as a network engineer for Microsoft. I've been riding street and dirt bikes since about 2008.

I own a 2009 FZ6R. I bought it with 212 miles on it at a dealership in 2011. Someone bought it, rode it a few times, and decided they wanted a bigger bike so they traded it back in on a FZ1. It was a good deal for me because I picked it up almost new and with the factory warranty.

I also have a 99 YZ250 that's setup for trail riding, which is my primary interest in motorcycles! The FZ6R is really around to curb the addiction between offroad rides! My fiance also rides dirtbikes and is thinking of getting a baby Ninja some day.

Welcome to no longer just "lurking" :eek:)
I'm selling a Ninja 500 if she wants "some day" to be sooner than later ;o)

Kungfunate

Welcome to no longer just "lurking" :eek:)
I'm selling a Ninja 500 if she wants "some day" to be sooner than later ;o)
Thanks!

She's 5'2" so I think the Ninja 250 or 300 lowered is about all she can handle as a beginner. Thanks for the offer though!

kvtrunners

Hello all

I'm a new rider, if you see me it'll be obvious. This FZ6R is my first bike. Raven black for now, I'm in the process of putting work into it. A lot of simple mods and customizations. I find this forum very very beneficial for me in every aspect of life on 2 wheels.:thumbup:

crashbar

Hey guys I am the proud owner of a new 2011 FZ6R, I had a 2005 R6 but sold that in 2009 and have been without a bike since, I got to say the FZ6R is so much more fun than the R6. I just cant wait to go back to SC and pick it up from my dads garage, but I got to wait until the end of this semester...

wilcya

Hi everyone my name is Will from the great republic of Texas. I recently bought a 2012 white fz6r this past month. Really like the bike! Not to crazy of power but certainly more comfortable than other 600's I've had In the past. I've riden all kinds of bikes and wanted a more comfortable sport bike for the commute from school and work. Currently a college student and a waiter. Hopefully learn some more about this bike! Thanks

Nik2133

Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Hi All! I'm from Phoenix, AZ... well, actually Chandler. I purchased a brand new Team-Yamaha Blue 2013 FZ6R a few weeks ago. In June earlier this year, I bought a brand new Ninja 300 ABS which I used it for about 2000 miles before deciding that it lacked the power and oomph on the freeways. Sold it mid-Sept and on the same day bought my FZ6R. Thrilled with the FZ6R so far! Almost 500 miles on the ODO. Changed the oil at 300 miles, added frame sliders and fender eliminator. Happy to be part of this group...

Last edited: