Another mirror mod.

TrueBlue

I purchased these mirrors and finally got around to installing them on my bike today. I could not be happier with the way they look, HUGE improvement and VERY easy install! It was raining today so I wasn't able to take the bike out to test the mirrors out on the road, but from what I could tell in my garage the visibility isnt diminished too much from the stock mirrors, only slightly.

----Update----

I took the bike out with the new mirrors, there is some slight vibration when the bike is idling, however none once in motion. I have lost almost 100% of the rear view directly behind me, which is a bit more annoying then I had originally imagined it would be lol. The view to the sides is not as good as the stock mirrors, but still certainly acceptable and useable. Really it all comes down to whether or not you want/need the view directly behind you vs. the look of the ugly stock mirrors. I think overall I am happy with the out come because I could not stand looking at the stock mirrors and these are much more appealing.

Last edited:

catweasel

Got my kawa mirrors and fitted no probs.
Look great on the bike but rear view not as good as stocks....at first

I found with a little adjustment I can now see easily down the sides and by moving my elbows out, I can see directly behind (better than the stocks)
Thanks for the initial post bondgirl

Wyld25

got mine just a couple of mins ago. want to get to it right away but i have to go to class in 30 mins. so at least a get a fair well ride for the stock mirrors. but as soon as i get back, they are coming off :D

NoDoze

Thanks BondGirl!

Here's mine with the ZX6R mirrors installed. The view is about 85% of the original and I am happy with that - good balance between form and function. Looks great and still retains most of its utility.

Thanks BondGirl (and boyfriend) for this great idea!

CBanks2343

well i ordered my oes black frame sliders pretty nice lookin the site is oesaccessories.com cheaper then ebay by 25 bucks if any oneis lookin for some. also order the 07 08 zx6r carbon fiber mirrors (hope they fit) ordered my black fz6r carbon look grips and carbon fiber bar ends. should all be here this week cant wait.
Let me know if those carbon mirrors fit......been thinking about it but would like to know for sure if they fit

Enze

Ok so i was looking on ebay and i was wondering if anyone has tried using those other kawi mirrors. the ones that are shorter and fatter. if they work for the kawi zx6r 08 then they should work for the fz6r right? would be cool to see how they look

Attachments

thank u so much for posting about this mod. i just ordered the same mirror. I think it really makes the bike look alot better. i'm working on some mods now too. i'll post pics when i'm done.
where did you order your mirrors? i bid on a pair from ebay and they were the "funhouse" type mirrors with the warped view. they were onl 26$ so its not a huge loss but ordering from kawasaki is 75$ each.

jmlevy85

Let me know if those carbon mirrors fit......been thinking about it but would like to know for sure if they fit
Hey I just thought that I would let you know that I have used the carbon mirrors on my bike. They fit perfect and look great. I will try to get some picks for you.

bobski

Some people on this site, including me, find our stock mirors a little narrow and difficult to see around your elbows and behind you. Do these help fix that issue by being a little wider, or is the issue the same or even more of an issue?

Gwai lo 2.0

Just installed a set of 08-09 ZX10R mirrors (the ones with the blinkers on the stalks not on the mirror housing) they bolt right up no mods needed. They also look awesome! Will try to post pics and a review. So far I think the visibility will be better than the zx6r mirrors as these sit a tiny bit higher and wider.

SAFE-T

The mismatch between the lower rubber boot on the OEM mirror and the base of the mirror kills it for me.

:thumbdown:

Would be interesting to see how the 10R mirrors look on the bike, because they are probably the worst looking mirrors I've ever seen otherwise. :rolleyes:

I have Aprilia RSVR mirrors on my VFR800 ~ most people think they look great, but a few have noted they don't like the angle of them on the bike. I think the MV Augusta has the nicest mirrors but no idea if they would be a good match or if you would be able to see anything in them.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/image/13049-late-night-murphy-027jpg/

Several Honda mirrors and the Aprilia RSVR have 50mm bolt spacing.

A lot of '90-'99 VFR750/800 owners have switched over to the '00-'01 VFR mirrors.

Last edited:

Dimefan

LOVED the look, but wasn't too sure about mod until I saw the "rider's view" pictures. Your bike doesn't look like a bug anymore! LOL Very nice work on the pictures and the mod!

cobra94563

I finally installed the alternate mirrors. The OEM, to me, just looked too tall.
I order the zx6r mirrors off ebay and was sent the wrong ones -twice! Finally I got what I thought was the correct ones. After the install I looked closely at the base I'm thinking these are not the pictured mirrors either...though the bolt holes line up. Turns out they are for a cbr600rr 2003 (I think).

Anyway, they look great. I think they sit lower that the zx6r's. The stems pretty much stick straight out instead of angle up. The thing is I see some of the handle bar end and my hand. when riding. I'm going to take it out on the weekend to see how bad it is, but for those that went to a lower/more narrow handle bar, this maybe it is a good option.

EDIT: After I rotated the handle bar down a bit, I don't see my knuckles in the mirrors anymore, but still see my arms - but this was the case with the ninja...

Attachments

Last edited:

Roaddawg

Just installed a set of 08-09 ZX10R mirrors (the ones with the blinkers on the stalks not on the mirror housing) they bolt right up no mods needed. They also look awesome! Will try to post pics and a review. So far I think the visibility will be better than the zx6r mirrors as these sit a tiny bit higher and wider.
The lines of those mirrors look like they'd blend good with our bike. Definitely need to show us some pics. Did you hook up the turn signals too?

Gwai lo 2.0

So here are a few pics (cell phone) of the ZX10R mirrors on my bike, note that I haven't installed the flush mounts yet so it looks kinda dumb with the stock blinkers. I will be wiring these when I install the R1 flushies. They fit really well and I didn't even have to use the stock rubber boots. The second pic can be deceiving (bad angle), it looks like the mirrors stick out really far but they don't about 1/4" inside the tip of the bar ends. I found that I can see just as much as I could with the stock mirrors and way more than the ZX6R mirrors that I had on before, also there is virtually no vibration (very little at idle). I know some of you might have negative comments about these, but in my opinion the mirrors flow very well with the bike. Like the blinkers seem to match the headlight with the angular lines and clear lenses. All I can say is that the pics don't do it justice, looks way better in person.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gwai lo 2.0

The lines of those mirrors look like they'd blend good with our bike. Definitely need to show us some pics. Did you hook up the turn signals too?
Posted pics above, will take better ones once i get the flushies hooked up.

CrazyCawi

where did you buy them and how much

Gwai lo 2.0

where did you buy them and how much
They're factory 08-09 ZX10R mirrors, I got them from a cycle salvage place for $100 Canadian (they're mint condition). I'm sure if you call around you can get them cheaper but i'm just to lazy to do that lol.

CrazyCawi

they look like they were meant for our bike....omg....

Gwai lo 2.0

they look like they were meant for our bike....omg....
I had 3 other guys that ride at my office say the exact same thing. All I can say is that I'm very happy with them.