Another mirror mod.

linkgt

I thought they're a little too wide myself, after taking it for a test run after installation I like these better than the 6r mirrors. I can see behind me without having to shift my arm in.
Nice :thumbup: I wish there were cheaper zx10 mirrors available

Does anyone by chance know if these would fit without drilling?

Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 BLACK RACING MIRRORS | eBay

I'm not bent on that particular pair but I definitely want to replace the factory mirrors. They're so tall.
I think you may have to since it's the R6S mirrors. There is a thread on replacing your bike with R6 mirrors. However i would just try these instead:

Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 ZX6R ZX10 ZX10R BLACK RACING MIRRORS | eBay

same seller and look and they are for the zx6,zx10 07 so they will definitely fit our bikes with no modification required :thumbup: I actually wish i would've bought these instead of the regular zx6 mirrors. Try those and tell us how they are :)

SLeeVe

I think you may have to since it's the R6S mirrors. There is a thread on replacing your bike with R6 mirrors. However i would just try these instead:

Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 ZX6R ZX10 ZX10R BLACK RACING MIRRORS | eBay

same seller and look and they are for the zx6,zx10 07 so they will definitely fit our bikes with no modification required :thumbup: I actually wish i would've bought these instead of the regular zx6 mirrors. Try those and tell us how they are :)
I hope they'd have the same look. The seller used the exact same images in both auctions!

Thanks for the link. I'll give those a shot.

linkgt

I hope they'd have the same look. The seller used the exact same images in both auctions!

Thanks for the link. I'll give those a shot.
Yea please do or try to find any other zx10 mirrors. The zx6 mirrors are crap. I knew i was going to lose some visibility after reading what everyone else said here but i didn't know it was going to be THAT drastic. Only the left mirror is of any use (barely) and the right side, well there might as well be nothing there at all. I always do head checks but it bothers me that rear visibility is lost on one side of the mirrors and barely there on the other. It was useful when riding with a friend or just trying to see behind in case someone is tailgaiting you or a cop was behind.

As i said before, it would be great if you got those or any other zx10 mirrors. Im seriously considering getting the zx10 mirrors (affordable ones) if I read more positive reviews on them.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

D Price

HEY BONDGIRL!!!! Thanks a million for the mirror tip. I just installed the ZX6R Mirrors and they look Great!!!!

linkgt

Have you tried adjusting the arms on the mirrors? I have the ZX6 mirrors and they are great. They look a lot better than stock and I have better visability than I did with stock. Being 6'2", all I could see out of the stocks were my shoulders. Now with the ninja mirrors, I can see much better. I can say that it takes some adjusting of the arms to get them in the right position but when they are there, the view is great. Give them another show before you give up, try adjusting the arms front to back and then adjust the actual mirror. See if that yields different results.
Yea, i've been trying to adjust them recently. I'm 6'0 and for me the left side mirror on the oem was crappy (as everyone else here knows) and the right side was great. For the ninja mirrors, I got the left mirror to be alright, I adjusted it enough to give me a good view of the rear... if i tuck in my arm or raise it slightly. The right mirror isn't as good and it only gives me a view of the side and just a bit rear of it. But they are not as good as the oem's for me.

I measured the stem and from the swivel point(after allen screw) to the point where the mirror ball thing is, it's barely 3 1/2 inches... Dont know if this might have to do with it. What do your mirrors measure? Oh and would adding locktite make it unable to move the arm? asking because it vibrates and yesterday the mirror actually went loose, no trouble today though after tightening.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

linkgt

I would have to measure to be sure what it is, but I think the arms on my mirrors are longer than 3-1/2. Adding locktite wouldn't be a problem...because it is a screw with a bolt on the other side. That just tightens the distance for the mirror arm to fit on the mounting base. I keep mine really tight, because I have the arms where I want them. I also added rubber under the mounting base to minimize vibration. Good luck with your mirrors. Oh and here is a picture so that you can see what mine look like:
Thanks, well if you're ever able to get a measurement sometime, i would appreciate it. I might just look for mirror with a longer stem, or get the cbr600rr mirrors, i think the stem is 5 inches or so and a user said they fit. I'll keep these on for a week and so how it goes. :eek:

Edit: Thanks again for the hope there Black! I got both mirrors fixed on a decent view and tightened the screw pretty good.Went for a ride and if i tuck in my arm to see on the left mirror, i can see the rear pretty good, which was a problem before. Same goes for right side. without tucking in my arm it's decent. However i still suggest that anyone getting the mirrors to make sure the stem is longer than 3 1/2 inches.

Last edited:

xvw666

richierich781

ctgottapee

running lights

i would like to wire the turn signals on this modded mirrors and running lights like the headlight (always on)

any clues as to where/how i hook in?

Last edited:

Zainal

Will these fit xj6 diversion?

Does the OEM ZX6R 07-08 mirrors fits xj6 diversion too? I'm not sure if the fz6r n xj6 div have the same holes measurement :s

ctgottapee

tried some zx10r orig equipment replacement mirrors off ebay and like them

the downside is they are a little too short height wise with the limited adjustment to provide similar rear view mirror views as stock [you can see up close but not far behind you without bending your head down]. the screws are not very long so washers for added height are not really an option.

other small note is that the mirror base is not hte same dimensions as the stock fairing impression, only noticeable to the owner of the bike really.

too run the signals wires, you need to drill a thrid hole through the rubber grommet; there is already a thrid hole in the fairing

upside is they look great, they fit the bike perfectly. they are a bi-metal and not cheap plastic like stock, very solid. they also fold inside in a more practical manner. gone is that cheap plastic rubber boot on the bottom too. they stick out horizontally far more than the vertical stock ones

i took a comparison picture of one stock, one new installed on the bike, but the sun washed it out

CrazyCawi

tried some zx10r orig equipment replacement mirrors off ebay and like them

the downside is they are a little too short height wise with the limited adjustment to provide similar rear view mirror views as stock [you can see up close but not far behind you without bending your head down]. the screws are not very long so washers for added height are not really an option.

other small note is that the mirror base is not hte same dimensions as the stock fairing impression, only noticeable to the owner of the bike really.

too run the signals wires, you need to drill a thrid hole through the rubber grommet; there is already a thrid hole in the fairing

upside is they look great, they fit the bike perfectly. they are a bi-metal and not cheap plastic like stock, very solid. they also fold inside in a more practical manner. gone is that cheap plastic rubber boot on the bottom too. they stick out horizontally far more than the vertical stock ones

i took a comparison picture of one stock, one new installed on the bike, but the sun washed it out

do you have pictures of these on the bike?