Another mirror mod.

Gwai lo 2.0

I had 3 other guys that ride at my office say the exact same thing. All I can say is that I'm very happy with them.
Forgot to state the obvious but you won't have to worry about not being seen if you have the flush mount signals :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

i LOVE THE FACT IT HAS THE SIGNALS ON THEM!!!

Gwai lo 2.0

i LOVE THE FACT IT HAS THE SIGNALS ON THEM!!!
I had never seen those mirrors till 2 days ago, really liked the blinkers on the stalk rather than on the mirror housing. Needless to say I bought and installed a pair the next day.

CrazyCawi

how hard was it to wire them to function?

Gwai lo 2.0

how hard was it to wire them to function?
I haven't wired them yet, waiting for the R1 flush mount signals to come in on Thursday. It's a simple 2 wire blinker and it looks like the wiring will reach with no problem. I like to use these ballast quick disconnects to make custom wire harnesses. They're cheap and easy to use and can be found at any electrical supplier or even a home depot.

Attachments

Roaddawg

You said they are only two, so do they not operate as running and turn signals, like the stock one? They lines do go right for the bike. Those are the ones that should've been stockers. :thumbup:

Gwai lo 2.0

You said they are only two, so do they not operate as running and turn signals, like the stock one? They lines do go right for the bike. Those are the ones that should've been stockers. :thumbup:

No, they not running lights like the stock ones just turn signals.

linkgt

The Zx10R mirrors look great, but they cost a bit too much for me. If there were a pair with the same design, but no signals, im sure it would be cheaper. For now it seems Zx6r for me

I will be buying the ZX6R mirrors from this seller as he seems to be one of the few from the U.S. Will be back to post their fit/view:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-Two-Black-2007-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX6R-Side-Mirrors-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem23116b426dQQitemZ150616097389QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

ctgottapee

The Zx10R mirrors look great, but they cost a bit too much for me. If there were a pair with the same design, but no signals, im sure it would be cheaper. For now it seems Zx6r for me

I will be buying the ZX6R mirrors from this seller as he seems to be one of the few from the U.S. Will be back to post their fit/view:

Set of Two Black 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R Side Mirrors | eBay

you can remove those signals from the zx19r mirrors
you can even replace them with another signal type; i've seen flat led like ones

there may be a mounting hole, etc that needs a little cleanup possible

linkgt

you can remove those signals from the zx19r mirrors
you can even replace them with another signal type; i've seen flat led like ones

there may be a mounting hole, etc that needs a little cleanup possible
Removing the signals themselves is not the issue. I like them there because it would make people more aware of direction you're going(specifically if you have flush mounts). I thought maybe if they were sold without the led, wiring and just sold the plain mirror, it would be cheaper, instead of paying over 130 dollars for an aftermarket on ebay.

ctgottapee

Removing the signals themselves is not the issue. I like them there because it would make people more aware of direction you're going(specifically if you have flush mounts). I thought maybe if they were sold without the led, wiring and just sold the plain mirror, it would be cheaper, instead of paying over 130 dollars for an aftermarket on ebay.
there are $75 new 'brand' replacements that are on ebay

i too like the visibility, was thinking of wiring them as running lights

richierich781

Here is my contribution for the zx10r mirrors installed and wired. Got lucky got a oem pair on eBay for $25 shipped.:thumbup:

[/IMG]

linkgt

i liked them at first but... maybe too wide for my taste.
i would cut the mirror portion off and keep the blinkers though...
bar ends fo life

Yea, they are a little wide. Check out the link i posted for shorter ones. No blinkers though.

richierich781

I thought they're a little too wide myself, after taking it for a test run after installation I like these better than the 6r mirrors. I can see behind me without having to shift my arm in.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Taz

I had the black ones of this style....you don't want them. Visibility is not very good, and they don't look too good on our bikes. Check my pictures in my albums...
Thanks Chad for ur input. U just saved me from purchasing them.

BTW, I was able to take out ur broken torx wrench with the dremel. I hacked the crap out of the head of the screw. I didn't get the time to drill the screw out yet.