Another mirror mod.

ksanbon

I just installed my kawi mirrors and boy what a differance.

$30.00 and the bikes already starting to look better.

Thanks Bondgirl!!
kev.coop,

2 questions:
Are those the $30 eBay mirrors from Hong Kong?
Any excess vibration when you're riding?

Thanks!

kevcoop

Yes, those are the mirrors I bought. Took about 10 days to get here from Hong Kong.
No excess vibration while riding.

10/10 for installation( If you can make toast, you can install the mirrors)
7-8/10 for view ( can't see directly behind me like the stocks)
9-10/10 for looks ( much better than the stocks, so i dont mind the view)
10/10 for vibration ( my stocks vibrated at 80+ mph, these don't)
The best part is no drilling into my bike.

BondGirls directions where spot on, thanks again BG.:thumbup:

PVD_FZ6R

I just picked up a set of '08 Kawi ZX6 mirrors on ebay. Not sure if they are the same bolt pattern but I like the sharper look better than the rounded pre '08 versions. Think they go better with the overall styling of the bike. I'll snap a photo if they fit - if not, then back on ebay they will go.

I've had the trojan mirrors on since last year and they pretty much blow - really hoping these fit.

Roaddawg

I just picked up a set of '08 Kawi ZX6 mirrors on ebay. Not sure if they are the same bolt pattern but I like the sharper look better than the rounded pre '08 versions. Think they go better with the overall styling of the bike. I'll snap a photo if they fit - if not, then back on ebay they will go.

I've had the trojan mirrors on since last year and they pretty much blow - really hoping these fit.
The angle on those will go good with this bike. Hope they fit.

jrv81

Hi everyone, first post. First off.....

thank you bondgirl!!!

Here is mine with Carbon Look...the 3rd pic is before the mirrors...way too high!

Attachments

porky45

so i have the r6s mirrors and i just ordered these. I'll see how they compare and give you guys a review as soon as I get them in. I wasn't patient enough when I drilled the holes for my R6s mirrors so they are off a tad bit. Not bad, but just enough to annoy the shit outta me.

Spunky99

so i have the r6s mirrors and i just ordered these. I'll see how they compare and give you guys a review as soon as I get them in. I wasn't patient enough when I drilled the holes for my R6s mirrors so they are off a tad bit. Not bad, but just enough to annoy the shit outta me.
Does your levers hit the mirrors in a full lock turn..mine do....

porky45

Does your levers hit the mirrors in a full lock turn..mine do....
are your bars in the forward or backward position on the clamp? and are they straight up or more aggressive (rolled back towards you)? I looked at my bike again and I don't see how it's possible unless your lever is wayyyy up.

Spunky99

are your bars in the forward or backward position on the clamp? and are they straight up or more aggressive (rolled back towards you)? I looked at my bike again and I don't see how it's possible unless your lever is wayyyy up.
I think you are right...I left the bars in the standard straight up position and moved them forward. Thinking about getting some bars with less rise.

porky45

I think you are right...I left the bars in the standard straight up position and moved them forward. Thinking about getting some bars with less rise.
why not roll them back a little? i've got them rolled back so there's just enough clearance for my thumb and the tank. Very rarely are you at full lock (usually when moving your bike around), so it may be worth it to play with the positioning instead of replacing the bars.

Spunky99

Will do this weekend...Thanks for the suggestion

porky45

sweet! let us know how it goes!

Spunky99

ateb74

I put the C/F ZX6R mirrors on as well. They look great and vibration is almost nil, but function is horrible. I can not see anything behind me so I ordered a set of Bug Eyes to try. I have one question for all who have taken off the plastic around the instrument cluster. When I put mine back on there is a gap where it comes to a point where the fairing meets, I cant remember if it was like that before or if I broke something. The pics dont look bad but it is pretty wide. Sorry they are not clear and this is long.DSCF0090.jpg

View attachment 19234

View attachment 19235

porky45

I put the C/F ZX6R mirrors on as well. They look great and vibration is almost nil, but function is horrible. I can not see anything behind me so I ordered a set of Bug Eyes to try. I have one question for all who have taken off the plastic around the instrument cluster. When I put mine back on there is a gap where it comes to a point where the fairing meets, I cant remember if it was like that before or if I broke something. The pics dont look bad but it is pretty wide. Sorry they are not clear and this is long.View attachment 19233

View attachment 19234

View attachment 19235
there are tiny notches in the front cowling that the black plastic (gauge cluster) should fit into. take it off and look for th notches.

blzbme

Mirror Mod Complete

I just added my mirrors and I like. They are not as functional as the stock ones but they are still ok. My mods (windshild, rim stripes, two brothers exhaust and PC5) are complete for now.

Thank you for the tip on the kawasaki mirrors.

Attachments

MikeN02

I just added my mirrors and I like. They are not as functional as the stock ones but they are still ok. My mods (windshild, rim stripes, two brothers exhaust and PC5) are complete for now.

Thank you for the tip on the kawasaki mirrors.
What would you rate it versus the stock mirrors 0/10?

blzbme

I would say it's probably about 60-70% when compared to the stock mirrors. It's really an issue of adjusting to the new mirrors. Depending on your lane position, I've noticed that I can see behind just fine. It takes some getting used to but I like it so far.

MikeN02

Still waiting on this review to order. Have my money ready.

Things I've interested in is the look versus ZX6 mirrors, and which is better.