What Not To Wear (while riding)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

Botty12

I just say to myself...I'd rather be hot than dead.

Just gotta stay ventilated and hydrated. And yeah it gets above 90 here. A lot.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Detrich

richierich781

i thought he had an open air head till i looked a little closer. lol

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

ksanbon

I ride every other day...have been down 7 times....still don't where gear when it gets above 90. Yes accidents do happen but I feel confident enough in my riding skills to be able to avoid most serious accidents.
I went down once at less than 40 mph. I was fine, but after seeing what it did to my gear and the plastic + metal on my bike, I won't ever ride unprotected.

BTW, if anyone's thinking about kevlar jeans, read this
"I thought these jeans would be great and offer some protection going at commuting speeds. I just got out of the ER from a 20-30mph low-side. It instantly ripped through the kevlar reinforced knee and into my knee down to the patella. I had to get a whole bunch of stitches and I patiently await my hospital bill.
Alpinestars makes some great leather pants that I actually own and should have been wearing instead of trusting my skin to kevlar reinforced denim. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on the leather pants (you will save both money and your health in the case of an accident)."
(Alpinestars Logic Denim Kevlar Jeans - RevZilla)

bigddy263

Now we are back on track. Good work!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Look...it's a whole squid family!!!

DakinechicK

This guy isn't the smartest.... But you KNOW he thinks he is as bad as they come. :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

MustGoFaster

This guy isn't the smartest.... But you KNOW he thinks he is as bad as they come. :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
...I can read his mind...

"You gettin' crazy with me, esse? Don't you know I'm loco?!?"

Deathdiesel

Soo guys, i went through this thread and saw quite a few photos of idiots. But some of these "idiots" were wearing just about the same amount of gear I am. Mostly in the jean factor.

Do jeans really just disintigrate like that? I wear, Helmet, Jacket, gloves, boots, and jeans.