What Not To Wear (while riding)

owldaddy

Looks like he started going down in frame 6. Not a good time to be wearing jeans and a T shirt.

2w05thletes

C'mon Mike!! Yikes...

ajiribarren

It looks like some blood on the pavement on picture 7 .. Yikes!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Dragging knee in jeans.... :rolleyes:

Funkmaxtor

Dragging knee in jeans.... :rolleyes:
Of course he was! He is wearing the new "Denim" knee sliders! They are backed with real skin and bone! :eek:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
...and becoming "one with the road!"

2w05thletes

LOL....Sooo, do you think this guy ordered a 24x36 Cut out poster with faded background for - $125.00!?! :rof:

Funkmaxtor

I would be ordering something if it were me. Probably a knee replacement!

Detrich

ack, that's a bit too painful to watch. :(

ride safely everyone.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Roaddawg

I just don't get how people can't wear gloves at the minimum!?! I use to mountain bike a lot and I ate it once without gloves on. Tore my hands up some, but nothing like that guy must have! I would never ride without gloves...let alone a jacket, pants, boots and a helmet.

JonKerr

Elite Member

jcbrown630

Getting the idea from Detrich in another thread, I'll go a head and start this one up. This is a funny thread but with a serious undertone. Like I mentioned with all the professional photographers around here who sit on our local twisties and take pics all weekend of the motorcycles, we see some crazy things that people wear while riding. Many times these are the guys are riding way over their heads and unfortunately, the ones who give most of us who wear the proper gear, a bad name. I'll come on here from time to time when I run accross pics that I find funny or scary and put them up.

So here's the most recent one that I saw that just made me :jawdrop: No gear and horrible form to boot. Leaned over that far with form like that is just asking for a crash.

On one hand it's sexy as hell. (Although the back pack is a little off putting) On the other hand you realize just how dumb she is.
her form isn't THAT bad. Shes got a slight angle to her body w/ respect to the bike, and definately not crossed up. I think the perspective of the pic makes it hard to discern but her body is small and you can tell she's left of middle on the saddle.

EDIT

As far as the gear goes, I commute as sensibly as i can. XTi leather jacket, and FT gloves. Can't be bothered with pants and boots etc. With respect to others, hey they're only hurtin themselves and they've all heard it before and will hear it again, but in the end they'll learn and the scars will remind them to gear up at least to a minimum of jacket and gloves, and ALWAYS helmet.

Last edited:

owldaddy

The little red car is a Morgan I believe. That one has a V twin engine hanging out front, since it was air cooled, it gets plenty of breeze that way. That one was built in the first quarter of the 20th century most likely. They were built in the UK. The company built some sports cars considered to be amongst the best of their time. My next door neighbor had a Morgan 4 when I was a kid, he used to take it to the fair grounds and race it. His car had 4 wheels. I got a ride in it once, talk about a tooth loosening ride, the car had no real suspension. If I recall properly, it had a wood frame and floor. He got it in trade for his TR3.

Last edited: