Show Off your chicken strippies

JoJoJodyJo

You're up in Bakersfield, how are the Tehachapi's any good rides up there?

BoneJj

Haha. That just means there's more left turns in my town than right turns. Actually, in thinking about my routes, there's not one straight road except the freeway and most of the turns are lefties, so maybe I can partially claim those chicken strips. Lol
IDK, I live in florida where there very few roads that have turns and none of them compare to anything close to a "twisty" as most northerners know them to be and I had my tire within 1.5-2 inches of the side lip within the first 200 miles. It would have been in the first 100 miles but I had to ride 100 miles of interstate to get home after buying the bike, in the damn rain.... LOL.

My other bike before that was a vulcan 900 and that thing couldn't get over too far or it would scrape the floor boards, hence why I sold it... LOL.

My older bikes though, it's been so long since I had them that I can't remember what the deal was this those tires.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ej'sfz

I am reall happy with these tires... already have a couple thousand miles on them and they are wearing great for being commuted on everyday, and id say they hold up pretty damn well in the corners too.... ran about a 75 mile trip today not one complaint!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

defiant26

:eek: WoW :eek: Nice!

JonKerr

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

BIG O

Body position also has a lot to do with it.

If you don't move off the seat much while leaning then you will most likely heva smaller strips up to a point.

Whereas if you get of the seat and hang off the bike you might have larger strips.

By hanging off the bike you keep the bike more upright and have less lean angle.

Not to mention suspension settings ;)

Brock Kickass

I find my Metzlers stick really well. I feel a lot more confident on them than on the Dunlops that came on my FZ1. This is about as far as I like to push them over on the street.