R6 Headers

demon408

I really like that a lot! How's it sound? Either I'm blind or your rear foot pegs are missing?
took the rear foot peg off. not sure if this is the final set-up but now i know it works. plus thats how the can is mounted to where the rear foot peg is

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

demon408

ah, that explains it! What's the weight loss compared to stock? Notice any power difference? Not that I have the technical know how to even do something like this lol.
slight power diff. thats it more top end and mid torque, sound is ok. could be louder, but for cali its fine, the stock can is heavy compared to the after market, but the stock header maybe lighter than the r6s header, if u look at the pic the 4-2-1 for the r6s uses heavier welds

Malok

slight power diff. thats it more top end and mid torque, sound is ok. could be louder, but for cali its fine, the stock can is heavy compared to the after market, but the stock header maybe lighter than the r6s header, if u look at the pic the 4-2-1 for the r6s uses heavier welds
Is yours running lean? Mine definitely is, looks like a power commander in my future.

demon408

Is yours running lean? Mine definitely is, looks like a power commander in my future.
no not running lean, if it was lean i should see some higher temp right? then again maybe my dam can is so big it work it self out? not sure but i can take it in next week to see, if it gives me trouble. why? how do u know urs is lean

Malok

no not running lean, if it was lean i should see some higher temp right? then again maybe my dam can is so big it work it self out? not sure but i can take it in next week to see, if it gives me trouble. why? how do u know urs is lean
I'm getting a lot of popping from the exhaust on deceleration. That usually indicates a lean condition.

cbzdel

That yosh can looks like it could almost be factory!

demon408

sos

I'm getting a lot of popping from the exhaust on deceleration. That usually indicates a lean condition.
when did your poping start? im over 100+ miles and still good, did u disconnect battery during instal? i heard that cpu can make slight adjustments.try that first. also i thought popping was a sign of rich, like a back firing poppin right

OTTF

The popping during deceleration may be taken care of by installing Smog Block Off Plates. I was told this by the buy who will be doing my dyno once I get my exhaust, air filter & PC V installed.

The SBOP will also allow you to get a more accurate dyno because of air/fuel mixture if you ever decide to have that done.

Here is some additional info from the Graves site which makes these.

"Graves Motorsports Smog Block Off Plates are designed to seal off the ports on the cylinder head used by the air injection system (a.k.a smog pumps or AIS). Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed. There are two reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike;

1. If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.

2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra “fresh air” in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio."

Malok

when did your poping start? im over 100+ miles and still good, did u disconnect battery during instal? i heard that cpu can make slight adjustments.try that first. also i thought popping was a sign of rich, like a back firing poppin right
It started immediately after install. I'll try disconnecting the battery and see if that helps. Thanks:thumbup:

Manna69247

That looks AWSOME :thumbup: Really nice hard work and all is your own.

Now someone with a Akrapovic... ;)

Last edited:

demon408

That looks AWSOME :thumbup: Really nice hard work and all is your own.

Now someone with a Akrapovic... ;)
thanks the install was fast. only a couple of hours, now im going to rebuilt the yoshi can to take the scratches off and thremo wrap the pipes in black to complete the look....now only if i had some hids:D

demon408

about poppin

i asked today from yami service tech( i didnt tell him i messed with my pipes i said i running stock) but told him during hard decel i heard a popin in my stock pipe, he said a little is normal during hard decel, he said a little unburned gas entering chamber and ignites there. he said i shouldnt hear it all the time. as 4 me i took my bike out today short normal ride and still doing good. but then again i dont ride it hard. any body with after market pipes hear popin? i think if i went with a short can that would amp the noise up but i dont want to if its gonna pop. right now i feel that my can is huge(not my ass but the yoshi):D

Malok

Sound Clip

Couldn't get a video so i took a sound clip from my Iphone. Thought i would post a better pic as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDynZXXMIYU]YouTube - FZ6R Sound Clip[/ame]

lhsbandfan

Years...

So have we decided which model years WILL fit our bikes? i've found some 02's and 06 r6s's on Ebay but don't want to commit until I know they'll fit... ?

Last edited: