R6 Headers

demon408

i won

i just won a pair of r6s headers with a yoshi can off ebay for 91 bucks let u know more when they get here

Attachments

cbzdel

my contact for my headers fell though, so I hope to find another set when I get home next wednesday..

demon408

not sure if that would work

my contact for my headers fell though, so I hope to find another set when I get home next wednesday..
im not to sure that would have work. the motor that we have is 03-05 r6 and all the way up to 09r6s, what im wondering is if we get an 08+ r6s will we need to mod or did yami change the header to match ours, idk i sur hope so let u know when mine get here.

mtucker

Anyone sucessful yet? Also I too wonder if the R6s header will fit our bike because it may have the same oil pan? I found a full 2004 r6 exhaust on ebay for 90USD. Just waiting to see if its gonna work!:steve:

Malok

Anyone sucessful yet? Also I too wonder if the R6s header will fit our bike because it may have the same oil pan? I found a full 2004 r6 exhaust on ebay for 90USD. Just waiting to see if its gonna work!:steve:
Oil pan is different, that's why the headers needed to be bent.

Malok

Slip on just arrived, gonna get it on as soon as I get home. I'll post an update by the end of the day.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see how it turns out!
:wav:

Malok

Well it's finally done.:steve: I went with an older style can, I thought it might balance the bike out a bit seeing as the front seems disproportionately large compared to the back. Although now that i see the finished product, i wish i had gone with a smaller can. Oh well the total cost of the project was about $225(Canadian) so if i decide to throw a different exhaust on its no big loss.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Malok

Let us know how it sounds and runs. If it's good, please do a write up. I can't stand how quiet the stock exhaust is. And if I can do this for less than half the cost of a TBR, I'm all over it.
I just finished installing it so i only took it for a short ride but it sounds great. I'll let you know how it runs when i get a longer ride in.

cbzdel

Well it's finally done.:steve: I went with an older style can, I thought it might balance the bike out a bit seeing as the front seems disproportionately large compared to the back. Although now that i see the finished product, i wish i had gone with a smaller can. Oh well the total cost of the project was about $225(Canadian) so if i decide to throw a different exhaust on its no big loss.

Any custom mounts or was it actually 100% bolt on??

Malok

Any custom mounts or was it actually 100% bolt on??
I had to cut down the mid pipe, and drill a hole into the rear set to mount the muffler hanger. If I had gone with a GP style short exhaust it would have made the install even easier.

demon408

alright looks good 2maro im doing my yoshi. ill post a shit load of pix wish me luck...

btastarsky

Dont forget to make a video! We all wanna hear what the fmf and yosh pipes sound like with this particular engine. Well, I do at least.

demon408

yoshi project

well here it is there are all the pics in my album. just click on my name and look . i rode 125mi today after the instal and no problems.

Attachments

demon408

Yo demon that looks sick! Nice job with the fab and install.
thanks its gonna cost me another 80 buck to get all the damaged yoshi parts replaced, i bought it that way. no big deal i just want it to look new

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member