R6 Headers

stroke

i gotta set off a 00 r6 and they worked waiting on my pipe to get here.. its a gp style so ill have pics up soon to see how those look

xplodnstar

i gotta set off a 00 r6 and they worked waiting on my pipe to get here.. its a gp style so ill have pics up soon to see how those look
Did you have any issues fitting them over the oil pan? I know that was an issue with the 03-05's. It was easily fixed with a blow torch, but it the 00's work "out of the box" that would be helpful.

Root Down

I had to heat them up and bend them a little bit, just so they wouldn't touch the oil pan.
Could be a lot worse, this is definitely feasible for the average Joe. If there aren't any balance issues I can't think of a reason not to do this.

demon408

did it fit direct or did u have 2 mod a little like we did?

Malok

Could be a lot worse, this is definitely feasible for the average Joe. If there aren't any balance issues I can't think of a reason not to do this.
No balance issues at all, and it's definitely something the average Joe can do. Go for it, your ears will thank you. :thumbup:

cbzdel

Malok

what do you mean? Because its alot quiter then the TBR everyong has?
I'm relatively sure that he wouldn't be asking about fitment and balance issues if he already had the TBR exhaust. So lets assume for a moment that his exhaust is stock, perhaps a modified exhaust with an R6 header MIGHT be a little louder. :banghead:

angelsneverlose

I'm relatively sure that he wouldn't be asking about fitment and balance issues if he already had the TBR exhaust. So lets assume for a moment that his exhaust is stock, perhaps a modified exhaust with an R6 header MIGHT be a little louder. :banghead:
:( to me misunderstanding:surrender:

Malok

so did we figure out if there is a year that is a direct bolt on? or do all years of R6 headers have to be bent or changed in order to fit?

did you have to remove the right foot peg to make them work?
Not sure if the 99 to 02 headers are a direct fit. I didn't remove the rear foot peg, i ran the pipe underneath.

stroke

did it fit direct or did u have 2 mod a little like we did?
yea they have to bent as well, but i plan on doing somthin a little more custom... lol thats just me i cant have anything "normal":iconbeer:

demon408

yoshi all the way

i have my yosh off right now to repack and fix the scrached areas, cost me about 100, but ne ways i tried my friend ultra short slip on right off the headder. looks really nice didnt test the sound, but hey lots options out there

msgirle

Love the look of the bike with a Yoshi pipe! Post a vid...wanna compare it with the TBro exhaust so I can decide which way to go! Is the short exhaust u tried a yoshi as well??? Can't wait for a video!

demon408

hey just thermo wrapped and repacked the yoshi. got it all together 2 day ill try to post some vids this weekend since its a long one. u guys ride safe