R6 Headers

Malok

I picked up a set of 03 R6 headers, thinking if they worked, it would give all of us a lot more exhaust options. To make a long story short they fit beautifully........ except for the fact that they touch the oil pan. :banghead:
I'm gonna play with them a little tomorrow, and see if i cant come up with something to make them work. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

cbzdel

How much do they touch it? like it needs to be moved 1/8 on inch or is it more serious?

Malok

How much do they touch it? like it needs to be moved 1/8 on inch or is it more serious?
An 1/8 of an inch is about what it has to move, i'm gonna work on it tonight and see if i can't come up with something. I'll post some pics next time too.

cbzdel

Our engine is just an outdated R6 engijne correct, could you just order a older r6 oil pan??

Malok

Our engine is just an outdated R6 engine correct, could you just order a older r6 oil pan??
The thought had crossed my mind, ill use that as a last resort option. I'm heading to the garage now, I'll let you know how it goes.

cbzdel

You could always cut and re-weld the tubes, if you cut then and remove an angled section you can point the whole header down more..

Malok

I reinstalled the R6 headers, and I'm convinced I can get these to work. It's just gonna be a little more difficult then I anticipated. its touching at two points,but just barely.( I took some pictures but my computers usb ports aren't working for some reason) I found a picture online to try and illustrate my point, it just touches on both sides, where the arrow is pointing. Unfortunately I'm at work all day tomorrow and wont get back at it till Tuesday. If and when i finally get it to work, I'll post a step by step how to.

G

Gosling1

I used a R6 header for my 4 into 2 exhaust. I didn't notice and appreciable difference.

cbzdel

Get these headers and a slip on vs. getting a complete system...

I can see this route being a lot cheaper if you can make it work :thumbup:

How much did the header cost?

Malok

Get these headers and a slip on vs. getting a complete system...

I can see this route being a lot cheaper if you can make it work :thumbup:
How much did the header cost?
Picked them up from a guy parting out an 03 r6 for $50. So headers, and slip on will probably be around $400, that's half of what a full system would cost, with a lot more options.

xXMotoSniperXx

So????

So what was the outcome here? I feel like I got stood up with flowers and candies in hand!!!:rant:

cbzdel

I remember this thread. I forgot all about it! I would love to have a set of R6 headers work!! They have some nice small slip ons!

cbzdel

I just put an ad up on Craigslist to try to get some cheap R6 headers.. I worded it so maybe I will get them for free but I am willing to pay a small amount..

If I find a header that somewhat fits I will cut and weld it until it fits correctly..

xplodnstar

Keep us posted. I've seen some reasonable pricing on eBay, but since I'm not sure what I'm getting into yet, i didn't even want to spend the $50-$60.

Maybe you can help Ven find a box for the stocky. I'm still hoping to pull apart the original exhaust and see if I can make it work as is or modify it to use a slip on.