R6 Headers

cbzdel

Keep us posted. I've seen some reasonable pricing on eBay, but since I'm not sure what I'm getting into yet, i didn't even want to spend the $50-$60.

Maybe you can help Ven find a box for the stocky. I'm still hoping to pull apart the original exhaust and see if I can make it work as is or modify it to use a slip on.
I found a guy with a 01 or 02 header for $20 I messaged him and told him what I wanted it for and asked him if he wanted to donate it.. its an old R6 stock exhaust I doubt anyone wants to buy it haha!!

JSP

Super Moderator
Very cool. Really interested to see how this turns out.:thumbup:

cbzdel

I want this slip on:

I am a little worried about back pressure though...

Malok

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. Started a new job and haven't had a lot of time to mess around with the bike.

I ended up heating up the headers and bending them a little bit. I reinstalled the headers and they're no longer touching the oil pan. The muffler end of the header ends right about where the stock exhaust does. I'm gonna need to fabricate an elbow for the slip on, or it'll stick out way to far. At this point i just need to pick out a slip on, and actually find some free time to finish the job.

I'll keep you guys updated, but at the rate I'm going who knows when it'll get done.

cbzdel

Where did you heat them up and bend them at?

JSP

Super Moderator
Good to know it can be done without cutting!

cbzdel

JSP

Super Moderator
:( i wanted new tools haha
haha :D Well... if you need to put an elbow on it to make the slip on come out right? :thumbup:

xplodnstar

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. Started a new job and haven't had a lot of time to mess around with the bike.

I ended up heating up the headers and bending them a little bit. I reinstalled the headers and they're no longer touching the oil pan. The muffler end of the header ends right about where the stock exhaust does. I'm gonna need to fabricate an elbow for the slip on, or it'll stick out way to far. At this point i just need to pick out a slip on, and actually find some free time to finish the job.

I'll keep you guys updated, but at the rate I'm going who knows when it'll get done.
Which headers did you get, exactly? If I know they work, I'll spend the $60.

cbzdel

He got 03 R6 headers.. But 03-05 should all be the same..

xplodnstar

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Sweeeeeeeeeet!
Let me know what you want me to do about the stock exhaust. I have looked just about everywhere, short of digging through dumpsters for a used box. There is one more place that is a no-name, hole-in-the-wall place that says they can package and ship anything. If you still think you want me to send it to you, let me know and I will stop in there and see if they have a box. If not, it looks like I will be cannibalizing cardboard boxes and gluing them together. :surrender:

xplodnstar

Let me know what you want me to do about the stock exhaust. I have looked just about everywhere, short of digging through dumpsters for a used box. There is one more place that is a no-name, hole-in-the-wall place that says they can package and ship anything. If you still think you want me to send it to you, let me know and I will stop in there and see if they have a box. If not, it looks like I will be cannibalizing cardboard boxes and gluing them together. :surrender:

I haven't totally given up yet, but don't put too much effort into it. If you happen to find something, great, if not, then I may find something somewhere.

xXMotoSniperXx

:needpics::needpics:

I am ordering some 05 headers now. Show us the spots that need the tweaking!!!:thumbup:

If this works the doors you open will be awesome!!!:hug:

cbzdel

A guy just messaged me saying I can have his 02 R6 header on Monday so I am gonna give that one a try he actually follows though.

Malok

:needpics::needpics:

I am ordering some 05 headers now. Show us the spots that need the tweaking!!!:thumbup:

If this works the doors you open will be awesome!!!:hug:
I'm gonna try and get the job completed by the end of next week( gonna order a slip on today, hopefully it doesn't take to long to get here) Once I'm done i'll post a bunch of pics for everyone.

cbzdel

what slip on you order?

Malok

Any updates on this situation? I would love to be able to get a carbon Yoshi Slip on for my bike!!:)
Slip on won't be here till Tuesday or Wednesday, as soon as i get it I'll finish the project, and let everyone know how it goes.