R6 Headers

demon408

forgot one

one more vid coming soon. been so busy with work and family and friends that i dont get no time to myself

Attachments

msgirle

Looks nice but what is the purpose of thermowrap? Is it to keep it from getting to hot so you don't get burned? Just wondering.

demon408

truth

truth is the used pipe i bought had scatches from a fall. so the thermo was the cheapest way 2 do it, plus since i have a black bike black wrap looks kool. now for some b/s thermo wrap is a horse power saving tool, it keeps the air warm so it exits quikly, plus keep other componets from heatin up and maitaining the hp power band. lol at least the package said somthin like that

msgirle

Oic. LOL! Thanks for letting me know what it does...wasn't really sure. So I gotta find me r6s headers so I can have a yoshi pipe on my bike too! :)

demon408

got video up

cbzdel

Whats anyone think about mounting an 06-09 R6 exhaust onto our bikes? They got the big catalitic converter mounted onto it, but it can esaily be replaced with a midpipe section.. Also if it did mount up it has an o2 bung welded to the cat, so one could do wideband tuning...

Just thinking because there is a local one on craigslist I am trying to get..

Its such as waste to talk to most guys on craigslist though.. The have their prices way high and then I low ball them, and no one wants a stock exhaust for $200+.. I offer $40 and they say F-U and I say message me in a couple weeks when you get down to my price.. He then lowered it down to $20 and I wrote him back saying "should of took my $40 offer, now I will give you the $20 you are asking, and he came back with another F-U I would throw it away before selling it to you..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Whats anyone think about mounting an 06-09 R6 exhaust onto our bikes? They got the big catalitic converter mounted onto it, but it can esaily be replaced with a midpipe section.. Also if it did mount up it has an o2 bung welded to the cat, so one could do wideband tuning...

Just thinking because there is a local one on craigslist I am trying to get..

Its such as waste to talk to most guys on craigslist though.. The have their prices way high and then I low ball them, and no one wants a stock exhaust for $200+.. I offer $40 and they say F-U and I say message me in a couple weeks when you get down to my price.. He then lowered it down to $20 and I wrote him back saying "should of took my $40 offer, now I will give you the $20 you are asking, and he came back with another F-U I would throw it away before selling it to you..
:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

That is funny! I love the ego of some people. :rolleyes:

cavcuz05

so does a 00-02 fit aswell or are they completly different as to the 03-05

demon408

from whay some one else said they do, but i dont know, 03-05 r6 and 06+ r6s is the same motor that we have on are bikes, they dont fit perfect the oil pans in the way, so some bendin is what we do. but go thru this thread and pm the person who tried this year and ask him

cavcuz05

when you said you cut the mid pipe did you cut part of the header or the slip on

and you think i could get a close up picture of the squared portion below? this would be extremely helpful

\

xplodnstar

I just got an 03-05 R6 header for $25 shipped. Hopefully it's in decent condition. Now I just need to pick an exhaust pipe.

JonKerr

Elite Member

cavcuz05

when the say it barley touchs i mean it barley touches

i put 2 microscopic small dents in mine and did not have to bend anythingit turned out just fine

got a scorpion pipe on the way

so all in all i paid 200 for everything compared to 800 (average) for the 2 bros ... so come on ya cant beat this:iconbeer:

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

rome

did any one put a motor gp type exhaust on the r6 headers wondering if that would be too loud and obnoxious

cavcuz05

i used an 04 r6

as for the Gp exhaust to get an idea youtube it...unless you spend about 500 for an hr1 it will all sound like garbage

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

demon408

mine is a yoshimura, and it was for the an 06 r6s, but the yoshi cans are almost all the same, its just the pipe u have to worry about

JonKerr

Elite Member