New member welcome thread

pengwan87

New

Hey just joined the site, currently giving my 2013 fz6r a big makeover, layed the bike down about 18months ago and cracked some fairings and some typical damage to bar ends and stator cover, had removed all the fairing and just hacksaws the fairing around the headlight leaving the bike looking pretty average for a long time. Finally decided to take some pride in the beast and getting looking good again, and after seeing a few different ideas have got completely carried away and am turning her into a naked street fighter. Google led me here looking for hints and tips, il start a thread on the rebuild when I have some time later if anyone's interested, in very early stages at the moment so reserve judgement till I've finished.

IMG_6185.jpg

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Chris12

Hey just joined the site, currently giving my 2013 fz6r a big makeover, layed the bike down about 18months ago and cracked some fairings and some typical damage to bar ends and stator cover, had removed all the fairing and just hacksaws the fairing around the headlight leaving the bike looking pretty average for a long time. Finally decided to take some pride in the beast and getting looking good again, and after seeing a few different ideas have got completely carried away and am turning her into a naked street fighter. Google led me here looking for hints and tips, il start a thread on the rebuild when I have some time later if anyone's interested, in very early stages at the moment so reserve judgement till I've finished.

View attachment 34433
Welcome!

You've joined a great group, and I'd definitely like to see a rebuild thread for your bike.

pengwan87

There are many helpful threads here, many Naked builds, reconstructions :zombie: reserections and even a post about a turbo :rolleyes:: but dont get any ideas about that. Search the threads and welcome aboard we are all more then happy to chime in!
Haha yeh don't think a turbos in the plans at this stage

TexanFZ6R

Hello! I'm a new rider from... well... you can probably guess lol. I've owned a couple of dirt bikes in the past, took the MSF course back in October 2016. I've been looking at different bikes and researching for months. Finally... Finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 FZ6R. I'll be heading up on thursday to pay for the bike and ride it home. Very excited to start my lifetime of riding. I'll toss up a couple dealer pics in my introduction thread.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

TexanFZ6R

Welcome...this group is slowly shrinking but there are still a few members around...

Bookface is another good place to look..
That's the way forums are now a days. I'm on a couple for my truck and a lot of people have not come back in a while and the activity on the forum has decreased dramatically. I managed to find my way to the Facebook group though. Hoping it's more active

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Chris12

Ever since Yamaha forced all the groups to change names to protect their copyrighted bike model names the decline has been substantial across all domains....

its funny how some manufacturers embrace forums like this and some try to dismantle them... Almost like they have something to hide.
I'm interested in this. Do you have any links?

I googled but probably didn't use the right terms and only found this :

https://www.musicincmag.com/News/2008/080514/080514_yamaha.html

CocaColaCowboy

New to the Forum....

Hello,

I've had this 12' FZ6R for a little over a year now. I'm looking to do a few mods to it. It's fun to ride (I also own a HD Road King and a Big Dog K9).
I ride mostly in the Central Texas area...

Attachments

melnykdm

Hey guys (and gals I guess). My name is Dean and I'm from live in Eastern Ontario (Canada). Bought a used '09 FZ6R 2 years ago as my second bike (First one was an '01 kawasaki ex500 when I was 17). Now 33 and back into riding after having been out of it for a couple years. Came across this forum while looking for info on luggage to maybe add to my bike for commuting to work more. I'm sure I'll find some other helpful topics as I go through seeing as how I do basic maintenance on the bike myself (oil changes, etc.). Picture of my baby is posted in the appropriate thread.

CdnFz6r

Hey everyone,

My name is Jason and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Just got my license last season and bought a cheap 2009 Kawasaki EX500 to get riding because it was late season and a good price. Just traded it in and bought a 2009 Yamaha FZ6R yesterday. Excited to get out for a good ride on it and look forward to looking through the forum.

Cheers,
Jason

Cjilla

I am interested in getting an affordable, all-around bike that will satisfy my craving to ride that looks decent too. So far the FZ6R is at the top of my list.
I have many bikes and many years of riding under my expanding belt. Also, I am a dad and want to keep my license so real world performance is what I prefer.

Chaos

Well Well...I'm Back!!!
Been waaaaay to long!
Got rid of my 09 white baby I called Chaos about 5 years ago and have been without. So I had to stay away simply because of the shear pain of not being able to ride. So last Saturday I decided to pull the trigger on a deal that was too good to pass up, and yes I had to get the same bike I had, only this time a 2012 white. Only thing is, I can't call this one Chaos, I think I shall dub this on the "Bone Yard"! Like my last one, it is the white.......for now. Bwahaha. In the process of painting a blood metalic red. Damn I can't wait to show her off! Well, nuff for now. Just wanted to say hey to everyone.

brandon1140

Hey all my name is Brandon. Just bought a 2009 Yamaha Fz6r. This is my 2nd bike. 1st was a Yamaha Yzf600r. Been riding for about 2 years now and love it. I'm serving in the Army and stationed in Georgia. Married with 4 kids. Born in Inglewood (L.A.), CA and raised mainly in Las Vegas, NV.

IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg

Last edited:

2WheelsRplenty

Just bought a 2015 (new) FZ6R. I live in St. John's Newfoundland and no local Yamaha dealers carried this bike, so I had to special order it in. I put the $500 deposit on it March 10 and got preapproved for the financing, and the bike arrived June 2. That was a long wait! Upgrading form an R3 I had put 10,000 km on, so the extra power and solid handling of the FZ6R is amazing to me. Planning on using it as a touring bike, as I got a trip throughout Atlantic Canada planned for July (5000 Km), and a trip to Florida in September (11,000 km round trip!). IMG_0008.jpg

Clovis Man

Is this thing on? <TAP TAP>

MIC CHECK 1,2,3 <SQUEAL.....>

I'm new on the forum, but an experienced rider. An experienced, RUSTY rider. I rode Honda's all through the '70's, '80's, and most of the '90's, but I haven't had a bike now in about 20 years. The itch is INTENSE.

The last bike I had, though, was a Yamaha RZ-350. Now that little bike would seriously haul. I had it ported and bored and a bunch other stuff done, it could have been a road race bike if a racer had owned it.

A few weeks ago, I was looking at the 300 cc bikes, thinking they would fit my need just fine, but in recalling the RZ-350 and the amount of power it had, I decided to look some more. The FZ-6R came into focus. Seems like it weighs about 40 pounds more than my RZ did, and has a little less horsepower. An obvious choice. I'm thinking about buying a bike next spring.

Until then, I guess I'll lurk around here and see what I can pick up. Thanks for listening.

Last edited: