New member welcome thread

Overl04d

Hi

Hi all im new to the Forum so thought i would introduce myself.

I'm from Brisbane Australia, work as a building designer. My true passion is riding anything with two wheels, been riding for about 10 years. Owned a few different bikes but sold most of them when i move from western Australia to Brisbane.

Joined the forum cause i just bought a 2010 FZ6r. Wasn't planning on buying one, but i was in the market for a better commuter bike. Took the FZ for a spin fell in love immediately $5500 later and she was in my garage. looks like this will be a fantastic project bike and daily ride.

my other bikes are Yammie YZF R15 v1 (my old inner city commuter) & KTM 450 EXC

Forums been fantastic so far, very informative definitely giving me lots of ideas.

will post pic's of my Bike soon

cheers :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

AndoniKov

Hello

Hey guys, my name is Fernando. I want to say hello to everyone here. Proud to own a new 2014 FZ6R and I love it. Hope to make a lot of friends here and learn more about this Bike. I am ready for some mods now.:thumbup:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

lark

Hey y'all,

I'm from Atlanta Ga. I am an Orthopedics tech and nursing student. I am picking up my new 2013 fz6r next week! I picked the 2013 because the white and red is so much better looking than the 2014 two tone! ;) no hate. just joking around.

Have been poking around looking at member's posts about mods and what not. Can't wait to get in a few rides before it becomes too cold for wimps like me to be out in it.

Megan

blkbrd

Elite Member

lark

it's a lot milder here than up there! I don't envy y'all the snow and ice. High of 72 for tomorrow :) looks like it'll be in the 50s for the week following so still a little cold for me :D

bsraero

Took a chance

Up in the pacific northwest here. Just picked up my white/red 2013 fz6r from the dealer today. I came across the FZ6R about 3 years ago at another dealer, but couldn't get it for the price I wanted at the time.

Not really into the sport bike style of bikes, I had been ride a 250 enduro style for the last few years. Although I never took it off road, I wondered why i had it. Fast forward to this week.

Originally looking at Triumph's, but $$ I could justify the cost and there were not many deals I could find everything was msrp. The dealer had a couple of 2013 fz6r listed at 4990, had to check it out for myself. It was true and the end of the season and they wanted to get rid of them. 0 miles brand new, couldn't believe it.

Hesitant to buy as it was just so much bigger compared to my enduro, at least when you sit on besides the power. Bike is here now, ran great today on the way home. Look forward to more.

lark

let's see if I can post a not sideways photo this time.
Picked the bike up Saturday, it's beautiful. Never had a brand new vehicle before. I have that "please don't break this" feeling in my head. Drove around in the neighborhood to get the feel of it, and trying to bed in the brakes. A little tall for me, but looking into what can be done for that without killing the suspension. Can't wait for the break in period to be over to have some real fun :)

(still sideways photo, oops.)

Attachments

Last edited:

irishwarrior

Newbie question

Hi Folks,
Excited to be part of this group. I got the 2013 FZ6R in Blue...can't wait to get in hand.
I am going to pick it up at the dealer this Saturday. Here is a real 'newbie question'...I am driving 5 hours to the dealer with a u-haul motorcycle trailer to pick up the bike. Will make the return trip the same day...
This is my first with trailer haul...can I do this alone? I feel confident I can but not sure...
On the way back, 5 hours with a motorbike...what if I have to stop at a rest area?Not sure...and debating whether I should request a friend to join me...
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

irishwarrior

Thank you for the advice! That settles it then...was really wondering what to do.
Would love to ride and will surely be in touch. And looking forward to enjoying this 'motorbike' with help from this forum.

testme504

New to fourm

Hey guys Jeremy here. Just picked up my new bike yesterday a 2013 Yamaha FZ6R brand new. Im in baltimore/glenburine area. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone.

testme504

Hello Fellow FZ6R riders

Hello im Jeremy from baltimore md. I just got a new 2013 Fz6r an im in love. My first bike an im loving itttt. Anyone in baltimore wanna ride??? Great fourm love you guys

aburnett

First time rider!

First time on a bike! I've spent over 6 months researching and just got myself a 2011 FZ6R! I already love it!

lark

welcome everyone :)

I'm Lark, I live in the Atlanta area. 2013 fz6r white and red, it's my second bike. Enjoying the forum!

latony007

Hello im Jeremy from baltimore md. I just got a new 2013 Fz6r an im in love. My first bike an im loving itttt. Anyone in baltimore wanna ride??? Great fourm love you guys
First time on a bike! I've spent over 6 months researching and just got myself a 2011 FZ6R! I already love it!
welcome everyone :)

I'm Lark, I live in the Atlanta area. 2013 fz6r white and red, it's my second bike. Enjoying the forum!
Welcome to all, this is a great all around bike and you will enjoy it! The forum is also one of the best i have been on. Just be prepared to spend some more money when you see all the cool mods members have done :)