New member welcome thread

latony007

Hi Folks
I am Quinton from Adelaide Australia
Proud new owner of black fz6r
Congrats and welcome. Several Aussies on here that will be of great help to you.

atx748

Greetings from Austin, TX!

I just purchased a new 2013 FZ6R last Friday (12/12/14). While this is my first true sport bike, I have been riding off and on through my previous 34 years but mostly in the last 11 years. I've enjoyed reading many of the topics in these forums before I registered, and I hope to learn a lot about my bike and maybe help out where or whenever I can.

I ask that the community be patient with me since I don't have a lot of free time to devote to the forums nor am I up-to-date on the latest gear/mods/etc. I'll try not to ask newbie-type questions that have already been thoroughly hashed out.

Other than that, thanks to the hosts of this terrific website, and everyone be safe, especially during the Holiday season.

LKLD

Got my Wife a Bike

Hey Everyone, I just recently got my wife her 1st bike (2014), and since she has nothing to do with forums, I figured I would do it in her place. After all, I'll be the one doing any/all work on it.

Wifey- she first got on a bike 6 months ago, taking the MSF course along with my daughter (18yr old riding 2014 Ninja300 SE ABS). Wifey has been getting her real world practice on my daughter's bike. So last Friday we picked up her red FZ6r. Monday, it's already needing it's first service. She loves the bike, and the increase of power over the Ninja. All this from a 59yr old woman.

Me- I ride a 2013 FJR. I've had it 2 years, coming up on 28,000 miles. I ride when ever I get the chance. Love bikes, and really love Yamahas. I bought the FJR after a 20+ year hiatus (children). Before my hiatus, I owned a '56 Panhead chopper (old-school hardtail type). Got my first bike ('73 Suzuki 50) when I was 13. So I've been helping daughter and wifey learn what we all know needs to be taught.

I look forward to my time on here, and learning more about this wonderful bike.

Ok, now, who's ready for a beer?:iconbeer:

Wombat767

Intro

Gidday all,

Pete From Brisbane, Australia. Just bought my first bike a 2010 FZ6R at the ripe old age of 49 ;) and loving it.

Also in the process of re-building an '87 FZR1000 from scratch when i can find the time.

Awesome forum Guys & Gals !

Cheers Pete

Last edited:

DrewBouch

Hello everybody! I'm Andrew from ABQ New Mexixo. I just started riding about a year ago and wanted to get a 600 I'd be comfortable learning on and came upon my 2012 Fz6r. Currently in the works of making it a streetfighter mod.

I work as a server and go to school part-time (hopefully full-time soon). I've followed this forum for some time now (mostly pilfering mod ideas for my own bike) and wanted to join the community! Real excited to be here! :D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lark

Hello everybody! I'm Andrew from ABQ New Mexixo. I just started riding about a year ago and wanted to get a 600 I'd be comfortable learning on and came upon my 2012 Fz6r. Currently in the works of making it a streetfighter mod.

I work as a server and go to school part-time (hopefully full-time soon). I've followed this forum for some time now (mostly pilfering mod ideas for my own bike) and wanted to join the community! Real excited to be here! :D
you'll find plenty of reading material and inspiration for mods! welcome :)

NeilPayne

Hi Everyone,

Treated myself to my first bike just before christmas, I went for a 2014 FZ6R SP (couldn't resist the colour scheme :D) Im from Auckland New Zealand and currently a full time Engineering student starting my final year of study. I Look forward to reading all about everyones experiences and modifiactions and all the helpfull advise.

Just started a few of my own mods, tail tidy and new light setup. Next is flush mount front indicators and a pipe.

Would be great to hear from an other NZ memebers if there are any!

Cheers
Neil

SebUK

Hi,
I'm Seb. I'm from Luton, UK, Europe.
I have just purchased XJ6S (2011) and will be exploring this forum for some time (or before I start asking questions)

chopper71

New from VA.

Hi all new FZ6R owner from VA. I just traded my 2014 CBR600RR for a 2013 FZ6R. I'm 44 years old and was still thinking I could ride like I was 20. Well it didn't work out as I had planned. That CBR would kick my butt every time I rode it. So it had to go and I found my new baby. I did have a 2008 FZ1 and loved that bike. Only thing I don't really like about the one I just got. Is the color scheme on it. Its the blue/white.

I took the trade anyways because of how smooth it rides. Also its not kicking my butt.

Last edited:

brownwa

New in Santa Clara

Hi everyone, new 2015 FZ6R rider in Santa Clara, originally from Toronto. This forum has been extremely helpful so far, thank you!
:canada:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Steve101

Help out a friend this evening to pick up an almost unmolested 2010 Raven FZ6R with gold wheels. I had to ride it back homd for him. He had surgery not long ago and didn't want to ride 60 miles or so.

So now we both have a 6R and FZ09 park in the garage :)

I can verify. Marthy is The Greatest. I wouldn't have the Raven FZ6R in my garage w/o his help.

He is a very Special person.:cool:

Thanks again!

Last edited:

RadRider87

Hi Everyone, just wanted to say hello and enjoying the site.
I have been away and getting back on the saddle again after 20 years or so.
Use to ride a Radian. Bought a 2014 red fz6r this January and picking up when the weather gets better here in Toronto.
Good day. :)

ksk operator 1

I jsut bought a 2009 Last thursday. I am anxious to do some performance mods on it asap. anyone got a gameplan idea. I am thinking airbox/exhaust/juicebox/..... de restrictor.......:zombie:

ksk operator 1

I'm new

hey guys,
Names Patrick, I'm new to this thread.
First Yamaha. I have been finding this forum really helpful with some of the ideas i have for this bike. Somehow i ran into a fully stock 2009 fz6r with only 2100 miles on it. Needless to say its a sweet looking ride, but could use a couple mods if I do say so.

would love to hear ideas and just bounce knowledge around in here. :zombie:

chopper71

I jsut bought a 2009 Last thursday. I am anxious to do some performance mods on it asap. anyone got a gameplan idea. I am thinking airbox/exhaust/juicebox/..... de restrictor.......:zombie:
Welcome man and thanks for the friend invite. I would go with a Power Commander V instead of the juice box. The PCV has more options as the juice box only has a few. Aftermarket exhaust is a good idea. I just did the airbox mod this morning. I started with the little low cost mods while saving for the higher cost mods. Next on my list is a rear seat cowl. Keep posting what you do to your bike.

monkie

Hi yall. Ive been lurking for awhile and never created an account because i didnt have a bike but I do now lol. Just bought a 2009 fz6r about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I have very limited riding experience (2 weeks and msf course). I reside in south mississippi.