New member welcome thread

Kipp2

Welcome to the site John and Kayla! I am sure that you will find a ton of information here. Lots of great members too.

Kayla, you're not too far from me, about 2 hours. We are getting more and more PA members. We will have to try to get a bunch of us together. Been mentioned before.
That would be awesome. I have still been riding the bike to work at night and my o my what chilly/foggy mornings I have rode in lately.

My name is John, I am originally from Houston, TX but I am currently stationed at Shaw Air Force Base in lovely South Carolina.

Grew up riding dirtbikes so I always saw getting a motorcylce in my future. Honestly planned on getting a CBR-600rr but after weighing my options I chose to get a cheaper, more comfortable FZ6R about 2 months ago. I am not regretting my decision so far, and this forum helped me in my decision.

So far I have only installed flush mount turn signal (could'nt live with myself if i kept those huge stock signals), but I am planning on getting/making a FE, considering a integrated tail light, going to try modifying the stock exhaust to save a little money, and I would like to eventually do a projector retrofit.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome... :D

Bo Peep

Hi all. I'm Heather, originally from Neabraska, now in Oklahoma due to the husbands' job. Haven't been riding long, and this is my first bike I've actually owned, so it should be a fun time. :)

martyman

Hey guys, just got a brand new 2013 FZ6R last week, I ran up 1000km in less than a week and unfortunately have to wait until next Thursday for my 1000km first service so it's parked for a bit. Should have booked it when I picked the bike up! Love it, love the site.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

2013 Fz6r satin

Hey guys, just got a brand new 2013 FZ6R last week, I ran up 1000km in less than a week and unfortunately have to wait until next Thursday for my 1000km first service so it's parked for a bit. Should have booked it when I picked the bike up! Love it, love the site.
that's impressive for a week...welcome to the forum...

martyman

that's impressive for a week...welcome to the forum...
Well, I stepped up from a CBR125R so it's much easier on the body to go for a long ride on this bike, way more fun too. I do kind of miss shifting down 4 gears to make it up the mountain on the way home from Toronto though! Anyone from around here would know it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Heman

New Rider in the Block.

Hi all I am From San Diego,CA(But originally from New Delhi,India). I ride a Yamaha 2011 FZ6r. This is my first Bike. It has been 5months since I have started riding. It is an impounded bike hence I have a few repairs/mods here n there to do. I will post pictures of it soon. Do chip in with your 2 cents.

For now, I actually require the Front Fairings. Do ping me if you guys have it.

Follow the Doctor.
-Heman

Muddog7998

New to the forum, nowhere near a new rider. Started on a ninja 250 back in '07 when I was 15, moved up to a Honda cbr600 in '09, got a gsxr 750 in '10, turboed (spelling?) the gsxr a year after that, and got my '05 R1 last year. I'm stuck with my R1 for now but I'm looking at getting the fz6r when I get back to the states.

I'm currently serving the USAF in Aviano, Italy as security forces. Horrible job... Trust me. However you do make a lot of friends.

Just wanted to say hi!

togle5

Been around the forum for a few months now, never posted. I'm 23, student in Knoxville, TN and a Marine, combat engineer, in the reserves.

Took the MSF course with a GN 125 and was worried about getting a 600 after riding that. Was deciding between it, Ninja 300, and CBR 500R when this 09 popped up for sale cheap. So glad I got it. Put over 200 miles in a week just riding around town. Mods so far are fender eliminator, shogun no cut sliders, and plasti dip windscreen.

The amount of information on this site is wonderful and can't wait to be more involved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Fz6r satin

Been around the forum for a few months now, never posted. I'm 23, student in Knoxville, TN and a Marine, combat engineer, in the reserves.

Took the MSF course with a GN 125 and was worried about getting a 600 after riding that. Was deciding between it, Ninja 300, and CBR 500R when this 09 popped up for sale cheap. So glad I got it. Put over 200 miles in a week just riding around town. Mods so far are fender eliminator, shogun no cut sliders, and plasti dip windscreen.

The amount of information on this site is wonderful and can't wait to be more involved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
welcome to the forum,all 3 would have been a good choice...but I think you did good!!

ignatz

New member from San Diego

Hi All

I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I picked up my 2012 FZ6R on Saturday and loving it. I've got a short commute to work, ~3 miles but I've put around 50 miles so far just cruising around and getting a feel for the bike.

This is my first street bike but I've been riding a CRF450R for the last 6 years in Glamis and Ocotillo in the Fall/Winter months.

Here's a picture I took on Sunday when I had a chance to ride her for the first time.

Looking forward to modifying her to my liking and eventually keeping up with my buddies with their R1's and ZX10's.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member