New member welcome thread

Detrich

Blue bikes are the best. Hehehe :)

Well, it's Team Yamaha Blue for a reason. :)

Welcome and congrats on tue new bike! :)

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

Taz

Well, I should have interduced myself here first before creating new threads. I guess I was too excited about getting the bike.

My name is Taz and I am a new rider with Yamaha FZ6R blue being my first bike. I live in Pennsylvania and the weather is not allowing me to take the bike out for a spin. I am currently in process of getting all of safety gear. Some mods are also on the way. Thanks to many individuals here for some great info, advice, and recommendations. I can see myself becoming a mod addict again.

Taz

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

NoDoze

My name is Taz and I am a new rider with Yamaha FZ6R blue being my first bike. I live in Pennsylvania and the weather is not allowing me to take the bike out for a spin. I am currently in process of getting all of safety gear. Some mods are also on the way. Thanks to many individuals here for some great info, advice, and recommendations. I can see myself becoming a mod addict again.
Welcome Taz! It's great to have you join us :)

Hoops 09Raven

Hello

I just bought a 2009 FZ6R Raven last week and am so in love with this bike. i haven't rode a bike in like 15 years and just had an itch to get one. I have no license,(yet) Im 40yrs ole with noob skills since it has been like 15 years since coming off an old GPZ550.

Anywho, hello to all!

CDN6R

WOW a GPZ 550? Haven't heard that name for a long time. Back in the day I had a Yamaha RZ350 and tangled (street raced)with a rider in a GPZ.. oh those were the days,great times.

Chaphil3

Hola

Been here for a month or 2 but never introduced myself. My name is Andre. I'm in Chapel Hill, NC. I'm 23 as of last october 5. Graduated from UNC in Dec of '09 (go heels!) with a BS in Information Science. Currently work on campus handling the desktop computer support for the Chemistry and Marine science depts. This is my first bike. 2010 TYB FZ6R. Got her March 1st of this year. Really appreciative of this forum and to everyone who has contributed. Look forward to "working" with all of you!

Newrider

Hi All:

I am as new to this forum as I am to riding. I bought a 2009 FZ6R about a year ago, and I am a LOVING this little bit of heaven more and more with every ride.

I had never ridden a bike before. So, I am still working on upgrading my skills. I have heard about rides throughout mid-Michigan (where I live), but I am nervous about joining in. I don't know if I can keep up, and I highly doubt my skills are up to par. We shall see.

I hope everyone enjoys riding as much as I do.

short_guy

Hi All:

I am as new to this forum as I am to riding. I bought a 2009 FZ6R about a year ago, and I am a LOVING this little bit of heaven more and more with every ride.

I had never ridden a bike before. So, I am still working on upgrading my skills. I have heard about rides throughout mid-Michigan (where I live), but I am nervous about joining in. I don't know if I can keep up, and I highly doubt my skills are up to par. We shall see.

I hope everyone enjoys riding as much as I do.
Welcome to the forum! I moved to th 6R this year from cruisers, so it's somewhat a new experience to me as well. Absolutely no desire to do any knee-dragging, or even dog it that hard - I just love to ride, at any (sane) pace. I'm in the Brighton area, shoot me a pm if you want to join up for a ride.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Raven_6R

Hi All:

My name is Rich. I currently live in burlington, VT. Just traded my 99 vulcan 750 for a 2009 with 2500 miles on it.

So happy, did not want to stop riding yesterday. Its really amazing how much better the ride is on the 6R than my old vulcan. Smooth is all I can say (accleration, braking, turning, etc).

Can't wait to get out and ride again. I used the vulcan mainly to commute back and forth to work. I can already see myself taking the LONG way home on this bike!!

Brissy_Rider

New Aussie Member, Brissy Rider from Brisbane Australia

Hi all, My name is Damian and I am a 42 yo bloke from Brisbane in the state of Queensland, Australia.
I have just purchased my first bike in 12 years, a 2010 FZ6R in Raven Black / Bronze, to get me back into riding. I have missed it so much!!
I really look forward to being a part of this forum, and I hope to meet / ride with some of you as soon as the bike is purchased, are there many Brisbane people here?
Well dont be shy, come and say hi.
Ride safely all.
Cheers
Damo