New member welcome thread

wizfordman

hello my name is Bob Gagne. I live in maine with my wife and 3 kids. gave up drag racing motorcycles till the kids were old enough so i wasnt responsible for them anymore. now that i have less responsibility i got a new 09 fz6r in may of last year. i plan to race the bike this year. cant wait till snow goes away:(

ak864

New FZ6R

I traded my '08 Ninja 250 on a new '09 FZ6R. I love it! Yellow, graphics removed. I'm in South Carolina.

Nyte

Hello all, I'm Dave from Central Indiana 46 yrs old but still a kid. Traded a 2006 Ninja 500 for My 2009 FZ6R. Couldn't pass it up at $4700 with 1 mi on it.
Also have a 1974 BMW R90/6 , and a 1983 Harley FLT Shovelhead for the wife and I. Love the Yamaha. Bought it on Black Fri but because of the ice and snow on the roads I only have got 301 mi on it.

Love the site, I'll be here awhile.
thanks
Nyte

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :d

nucmedman63

Hey Im greg this is my time in a forum not sure how it all work.

Ive been riding for as long as I can remember grew up on the dirt and finaly got rid of my yfz 450 and vstar 1100 for this fz6r. I live in lake havasu city ariz. hope this bike likes the heat?

porky45

bike seemed to be fine in 100+ degree weather stop and go traffic...never got above 220 degrees

24KMACH

Hi folks my name is Russ. I bought a Raven FZ6R the other day and I love it. Bought my first Yamaha in 1961. I'm almost dead and this might be my last.:eek: The only other Yamaha I have owned was a 1983 TT600.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
My first bike...

Hi everyone! My name is Chris, I'm 28 and I live in Fort Worth, TX. I've been wanting to ride since I was 8 years old but just now got started. I took my MSF course and got my license, and have had my FZ6R for a little over three weeks now and just rolled over 1k miles. I have been reading this thread since I purchased the bike and there is a wonderful amount of information here, so thanks to everyone who has posted how to's, and answers to questions.

I have to say that I have never experienced anything like riding, and it is a source of joy and contentment that is almost unparalleled anywhere else in life. :D

Also, the FZ6R is an amazing piece of machinery! Proud to be a part of this family. :steve:

I went on my first long ride on Sunday of this past week, a little over 300 miles round-trip. Here is a picture of my and my buddies new bikes just past the Brazos River on HWY 108.

2011-03-06 13.10.50 (1) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If anyone in the D/FW area knows some good loops to ride, please hit me up!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome::welcome:

Glad to have another Southerner on the board!

Ken

Greetings from Ken in California

Good afternoon,

Got my first bike, my 2010 FZ6R, 3 weeks ago and completed my MSF safety class last weekend. Having a lot of fun getting to know her and learing how to ridel. This bike is quite a bit different than the little 250's that I rode in the class. Curious about the ability to adjust the height of the bike. I'm only 5'3" and can only put one foot flat on the ground if I tilt the bike a bit. I'm sure that I can get used to it, though.

I'm commuting a few times a week 12 miles each way. It takes 20 minutes by car, but I've been averaging around an hour on my bike. The VERY long way is much more fun! Anyone else take the long way to work?

Ken

DragonBlu

Welcome, some people have done lowering kits. Do a search and you will find lots of info. Ride safe!:)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

gemni81

Newbie Rider

Hello FZ6R,

I am 29 year old IT analyst and taking my MSF Course on 3/31/2011 with my brother. I have been doing research on the FZ6R and love the 09 blue bike. I have always wanted to ride, but afraid due to all the stories people say. I am turning 30 in June and can't wait to get my first bike. I welcome any tips and advice from veteran riders, women riders, and anyone that wants to share. Very excited to finally learn to ride.

Gemni81:)

DragonBlu

Defensive riding is the key. Always watch ahead,behind and to the sides for dangerous situations. Educate yourself and ride within your limits. I have been riding on the road for over forty years. stay alert and never loose respect for the machine. Ride safe and have fun! :)

snallygaster

Just bought the bike two weeks ago. have yet to ride the thing due to weather at first but now im waiting to take the beginners class next week..... shame to let it sit. Already stripped the decals off minus the yamaha on the low end on both sides. fender eliminator kit already on (comp werkes) and intuitive sliders. get pics up soon. thanks to all for valuable info that led me to buying this bike!

short_guy

New member from Michigan

Greetings! I've started riding dirt in elementary school, but took a nearly 20 year brake since high school. I started street riding a few years ago on a VStar Classic cruiser, and have been looking to upgrade ever since. I'm hoping to be able to carve through some corners, instead of wallowing through them on a cruiser. :rolleyes: I pick up my new '09 Blue FZ6R on the 26th (Someone told me blue bikes were the fastest!)

NoDoze

Welcome Short_guy! We have a similar story :D I started riding in high school 20 years ago and stopped. Started back up a couple of years ago and got myself a blue FZ6R :D Oh and I am of short stature. bwahaha :D