New member welcome thread

eflyer182

Hey everyone! I'm Eric, from Michigan. Just bought my FZ6r two days ago and can't wait to take my road test tomorrow and get my endorsement! Been riding dirt bikes, gokarts, and mini bikes forever, but nothing comes close to the fz6r! This thing feels like I'm strapped to a rocket! I love it!!! Can't imagine what 1000cc bike would feel like!
Hope to get a lot of info from you guys. I'm just a noob and am open to every bit of info I can get to make myself a better and safer rider.
Thanks guys see ya on the road!

short_guy

Welcome Eric, from Brighton, MI! Street riding is an entirely different animal. Make sure you give yourself time to get adjusted, and definitely sign up for the MSF's Basic and Experienced Rider Courses. If you're anywhere near Ann Arbor, Washtenaw Comm College runs them all summer for $25. You'll want to book as soon as possible, because they fill up FAST. I am very glad I took them, and still take the experienced course every year as a refresher. I recommend them to every rider, new or not.

Gwai lo 2.0

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike from Toronto and I just bought a black FZ6R, unfortunately it's still in a crate at the dealer :(

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :welcome:

Psosmith82

Hey Everyone

New here, from Portland Oregon. I've been riding since i was 10, starting with dirt bikes. I took the motorcycle safety course when i was 15, and got my endorsement when i got my drivers licence at 16. Since then I've just been riding my dads old Honda CB900C to cruise around town in. I'm hopefully getting my first bike here in the next couple of months as a graduation present when i graduate college. I've had my eye on this bike for a little while, and i also just test rode a kawasaki ER-6N that i also really liked, and it was also on special since it was a new 09, was a few thousand dollars cheaper. I like the styling of the FZ6R better, but the E6 was also nice, and a good price, though it will probably be gone when im ready to buy in a few months.

Anyways, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. Hope to learn a lot about this bike on this forum! Anybody else from the Portland area on here?

SofCookay

Hello!

My name is Sonya - I live in Joshua Tree, CA, during the winter, and Ahwahnee (near Yosemite), CA, during the summer. I took the basic rider course about a month ago and bought an '09 FZ6R a week later as I have had my eye on it for a while and the reviews on it are great.

I've been riding almost every day, building my confidence and getting better at riding. My partner (she has a Kawasaki ZX14) has been riding for 13 years and follows me around and I am lucky to have such a great mentor. I am having a blast and just did my first overnight trip to a little town called Baker which boasts the world's largest thermometer (broken) and a good restaurant called The Mad Greek, but not much else. The high desert is very windy, so I'm learning how to ride in the wind which is a bit unnerving at times, but I am slowly getting used to it.

Anyway, I LOVE my bike and I am happy to find this site filled with great info and other enthusiasts. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Sonya :)

CrazyCawi

Hey Everyone

New here, from Portland Oregon. I've been riding since i was 10, starting with dirt bikes. I took the motorcycle safety course when i was 15, and got my endorsement when i got my drivers licence at 16. Since then I've just been riding my dads old Honda CB900C to cruise around town in. I'm hopefully getting my first bike here in the next couple of months as a graduation present when i graduate college. I've had my eye on this bike for a little while, and i also just test rode a kawasaki ER-6N that i also really liked, and it was also on special since it was a new 09, was a few thousand dollars cheaper. I like the styling of the FZ6R better, but the E6 was also nice, and a good price, though it will probably be gone when im ready to buy in a few months.

Anyways, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. Hope to learn a lot about this bike on this forum! Anybody else from the Portland area on here?
Welcome to the forum PSO, my name is Josh, Welcome to the website and I truly wish you the best in your hunt for a bike, the FZ6R is one of the best bikes you could get in alot of people here's opinion's due to many reasons. It is a very nice and easy bike to handle with alot of power and potential to grow into! Please dont hesitate to use the search button and again thank you for joining us!

My name is Sonya - I live in Joshua Tree, CA, during the winter, and Ahwahnee (near Yosemite), CA, during the summer. I took the basic rider course about a month ago and bought an '09 FZ6R a week later as I have had my eye on it for a while and the reviews on it are great.

I've been riding almost every day, building my confidence and getting better at riding. My partner (she has a Kawasaki ZX14) has been riding for 13 years and follows me around and I am lucky to have such a great mentor. I am having a blast and just did my first overnight trip to a little town called Baker which boasts the world's largest thermometer (broken) and a good restaurant called The Mad Greek, but not much else. The high desert is very windy, so I'm learning how to ride in the wind which is a bit unnerving at times, but I am slowly getting used to it.

Anyway, I LOVE my bike and I am happy to find this site filled with great info and other enthusiasts. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Sonya :)
Sonya! Thanks for coming to our sight and I am glad you picked up an fz6r! Did you buy new or used? Very good to know you took the MSF and I am glad you have a great riding partner! Enjoy the forums and ride safe!

CAUTIOUS_CORNER

:Sport:

Sparkxx1

Welcome Eric, from Brighton, MI! Street riding is an entirely different animal. Make sure you give yourself time to get adjusted, and definitely sign up for the MSF's Basic and Experienced Rider Courses. If you're anywhere near Ann Arbor, Washtenaw Comm College runs them all summer for $25. You'll want to book as soon as possible, because they fill up FAST. I am very glad I took them, and still take the experienced course every year as a refresher. I recommend them to every rider, new or not.
25? Really some of you have no IDEA how lucky you are that you don't have to pay 400 bucks for an MSF. I'm gonna just take the road test and buy an exhaust :D:Sport:

NoDoze

Welcome Pso and SofCookay to the forum and community :D

SofCookay

Thanks

I appreciate the warm welcome!

I bought my bike used - it had low miles and several years of warranty and was the right color (white). A dude owned it and he had the pink pinstripes painted red because the bike was so girlie. Unfortunately for him, it only made them look purple...heh heh!

young gun

heyall names Shelby im 20 (and a dude) ill be picking up my fz6r next thursday or friday, been in the market for a newer bike for awhile now and went to all the dealerships and found that my favorite dealer hotspot had a bunch of 09's on the floor. well my dealer said he could give me a good price so i figured i throw 1500 down and have a shiney new toy. and i decided to go with.... pearl white with the fruity graphics. flame on, i totally dig the white one. yellow seems to be common( and i dont like the star, reminds me of rockstar energy drinks) they didnt have the blue in stock(meh) and the only reason i didnt want the black is cause every vehicle i have ever owned is black or dark (and i have had ALOT of vehicles for a 20 year old. think 20+).and i want to be seen. i wouldn mind the graphics if they werent outlined in magenta, so im gonna have them remove the fairing stickers and ill cover the tank design with some carbon fiber vinyl sheeting that ill cut to fit. because i dont wanna pay 45 bucks for a precut sticker grip thingy. not my first bike but i have decided to mellow out on liter bikes before i get killed haha, sold my VFR ( he wrecked it next day) and the vmax isnt really my style anymore. so i figured a mild 600cc will be my happy medium. things to keep on my radar about these puppies?

auniquesoul

welcome to all the new people!

CDN6R

Yes there sure has been alot of new members lately, so I just want to say "hi" and welcome to the site and club.There are alot of great people here and we can all give you some great advice. Hello from Canada!:canada:

NoDoze

Welcome Young Gun! I don't think there's anything bad to look out for on our bike. Aside from the speedometer being a little off (what bike speedo isnt?) which doesn't really bother a lot of us but it can be alleviated by installing +1 sprocket up front.

More about this in the mod here:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/1-up-front-great-19157/

Take care and ride safe!