Helmet Visors

What Color Visor?

• Total voters

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, too me "condensation" and the same as "fog", of course there's no fog on mine (fog's a gas)...
At least that's kinda of what I been trying to describe about when it's wet/cold out...

I guess, loosely, fog is just small drops that don't drip down and condensation is when the drops start dripping?

Have you tried cleaning and polishing it (the visor...:rof:)?
Its not really a fog. Its like it rained inside the helmet. Like throwing water at it. I guess it fogs at first really quick, but the visor makes it condense to water balls and droplets. Not sure what to clean it off with thats safe...

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

No, you misunderstood, I have the clear visor still, I just put my sunglasses on, then close the visor.... So, no bugs in the face and, actually two levels of protection, that gives an option of slightly cracking open the clear visor for a little more air without air in the eyes.
I figured if I get hit with a rock with the clear visor, it wouldn't be as noticeable as a mirrored visor. My mirrored sunglasses in the past have shown scratches pretty easily.
There are two types that I know of, ones that use sunglasses and have the shield up and the other with sunglasses and the visor down.

I'm talking about the one with the shield up... my friend's dad rides with it up all the time with sunglasses and he doesn't put down his shield until he hits 80 or so mph.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pompatuse

There are two types that I know of, ones that use sunglasses and have the shield up and the other with sunglasses and the visor down.

I'm talking about the one with the shield up... my friend's dad rides with it up all the time with sunglasses and he doesn't put down his shield until he hits 80 or so mph.
I split it both ways. If I'm in town I ride with it up and only drop it once I get up to around 50 mph or so. There's not as many bugs or loose rocks there and you spend time sitting at lights. Open visor is cooler and you can hear better which is nice. Once I get out on the back roads (where the bugs and rocks live) I drop it since I am absolutely not sitting still at all.

Detrich

I like the Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet I picked up recently cuz it has a built in retractable sun visor inside the standard clear visor. The cheek pumps are a nice touch too...

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

From what I can tell thus far, all visors scratch- including my snowboard goggles etc.

Hairline scratches are ok and not visible when u have the helmet on. Just gotta try to avoid the big gashes I guess...

Sooner or later one way or another the visor wil scratch

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

vitrox

i wash mine with soap and water in the sink, but i only use my hands to scrub the bugs, no rags or anything.

nc_fz6r

+1 to Detrich and wgtrant87

Here's the Scorpion EXO-1000 I use. You can find them at various retailers for around $300. Very Comfy helmet. You can see the fighter-style flipdown sunshade in the photo.

Last edited:

wtgrant87

I also like the flip down visor on the EXO-1000 so I can have eye protection if I want to ride some with my visor up and feel the air.