Crashed my new Street Triple

bmw675

If you did what she is asking, then you would have a claim on file.
Insurance may go up, and if you looked for different insurance, it will show a claim in the last X amount of monthes.

I've only dealt with one wreck (others fault) and they didn't ask that of me.
That doesn't seem like a normal request you are getting.

jocampo

If you did what she is asking, then you would have a claim on file.
Insurance may go up, and if you looked for different insurance, it will show a claim in the last X amount of monthes.

I've only dealt with one wreck (others fault) and they didn't ask that of me.
That doesn't seem like a normal request you are getting.
Even if was not my fault?

Gosh! ... I do not know what to do. Progressive closed my claim without doing anything. But if I go with Progressive, they will start the process right away.

Spunky99

Even if was not my fault?

Gosh! ... I do not know what to do. Progressive closed my claim without doing anything. But if I go with Progressive, they will start the process right away.
Do you have full coverage or just minimum coverage?

JSP

Super Moderator
I dont believe you pay for a deductible. Police report issued? She was known/admitted fault. It will not be on your record. Your insurance is representing you. Let them do all the dirty work of collecting. It does not fall back on you if they cannot. They just take her to court and deal with it. Her insurance will drag it out forever and make you fight them. Let YOUR insurance deal with that. Thats what you pay them for.

jocampo

Do you have full coverage or just minimum coverage?
750 deductible.

My main concern is damaging my record with Progressive.

Regarding medical bills, I do not have coverage with Progressive but I have good medical coverage because my work.

Two issues here:

-I want them to repair the bike and not damage my record with a claim, with my own Insurance company.
-I want them, to pay my medical bills, damaged gear, etc.

I've been told that if I go with Progressive, they will fix the bike but then I'm f*. My record will be damaged. However, I am afraid that if I go with the other company, will be a pain in the ass and a slow process.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Best bet is to really discuss this with your insurance to determine how they work it all. My post above is how my insurance would deal with it.

If yours does not work that way then you need to deal with her insurance and make them pay for everything. Have you spoke with them at all yet??? Submitted the accident to her insurance at all yet? You have police report?

jocampo

Best bet is to really discuss this with your insurance to determine how they work it all. My post above is how my insurance would deal with it.

If yours does not work that way then you need to deal with her insurance and make them pay for everything. Have you spoke with them at all yet??? Submitted the accident to her insurance at all yet? You have police report?
Yep

I do have police report and I spoke with Progressive. My representative called me and I need to paid out of pocket and later they will ask the company for reimbursement. However, this is for the bike, as I do not have medical stuff with Progressive because I have a good medical plan.

But my wife called a lawyer Wed and I called again. If I go with Progressive, my insurance company, my record will be damaged because I am actually submitting a claim with them, Progressive is paying. That may affect my deductible later on the road. The lawyer advised going with the other company, even for Motorcycle repairs.

Gosh! I am also so busy, leaving my current job! :-( ... this accident occurred in the less convenient time in my life ...

JSP

Super Moderator
Yep

I do have police report and I spoke with Progressive. My representative called me and I need to paid out of pocket and later they will ask the company for reimbursement. However, this is for the bike, as I do not have medical stuff with Progressive because I have a good medical plan.

But my wife called a lawyer Wed and I called again. If I go with Progressive, my insurance company, my record will be damaged because I am actually submitting a claim with them, Progressive is paying. That may affect my deductible later on the road. The lawyer advised going with the other company, even for Motorcycle repairs.

Gosh! I am also so busy, leaving my current job! :-( ... this accident occurred in the less convenient time in my life ...
Thats absolute shit. Yes, then deal directly with her insurance and keep yours out of it. Who is her insurance with?

Spunky99

So it sounds like you have full coverage and a 750.00 deductable. That should include medical etc.
It is the responsibility of the insurance company to deal with the other parties insurance company when you have full coverage with comprehensive.
You may be out of pocket $750.00 to repair the bike until your insurance company settles with the other insurance company but that is usually something you never even see.
Your insurance company has a fiduciary responsibility to you and if they refuse to do all the hard work, just call a Lawyer and he will take the case and charge your insurance company for doing their work.

If you have minimum coverage, you have to do all the work but it appears that you have comprehensive so they are supposed to do it.

I don't screw around anymore...I just lawyer up right away. When it all gets settled, you end up with the same amount of money with or without a lawyer, the lawyer just squeezes more out for himself when the insurance Co. goes south on you.
The whole thing should be transparent with your insurance and her insurance dealing and you and your bike are made "whole" without any action on your part. That's how it works for cars and same for bikes at least in CA.

If Progressive is telling you that you have to do all the work in dealing with the other insurance company, "Lawyer UP"......

bmw675

If Progressive is telling you that you have to do all the work in dealing with the other insurance company, "Lawyer UP"......
This isn't a dig towards you john, but to the reality of society in general.

Isn't it sad that we have to "lawyer up" for things that seem like common sense to the majority of people. Nothing against lawyers either. It just seems that more and more things end up needing lawyers to do what people used to be able to do on their own. this, LJ's title issue, ect....

sad...

jocampo

Freaking sad, but I will go with a lawyer.

My medical bills won't be paid by Progressive, because I do not have that coverage, I know, so maybe is a good idea anyway.

But it is just ridiculous that I need to pay 700 now, wait, and beg for my money back from AMICA (the other company)

Lawyer may visit me and won't ask a penny. Of course, will ask for a settlement, including bike repair's cost. He will take his salary from there, I am sure.

More or less, repairing the Triumph will cost... you ready? 4k, that's what the guy told me, including labor. And so far, medical expenses are:

-Ambulance
-X ray
-ER
-Medicine

Plus the broken helmet, which in comparison with above, not big deal. And honestly, still sore in my back, right leg and left hand. I believe I'm ok but will follow up with my doctor next week, to be safe.

Those medical expenses can be in the order of 2 to 3k.

I am in the process of leaving my current job, and this girl basically mess all my things up. Ruined my working week.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Freaking sad, but I will go with a lawyer.

My medical bills won't be paid by Progressive, because I do not have that coverage, I know, so maybe is a good idea anyway.

But it is just ridiculous that I need to pay 700 now, wait, and beg for my money back from AMICA (the other company)

Lawyer may visit me and won't ask a penny. Of course, will ask for a settlement, including bike repair's cost. He will take his salary from there, I am sure.

More or less, repairing the Triumph will cost... you ready? 4k, that's what the guy told me, including labor. And so far, medical expenses are:

-Ambulance
-X ray
-ER
-Medicine

Plus the broken helmet, which in comparison with above, not big deal. And honestly, still sore in my back, right leg and left hand. I believe I'm ok but will follow up with my doctor next week, to be safe.

Those medical expenses can be in the order of 2 to 3k.

I am in the process of leaving my current job, and this girl basically mess all my things up. Ruined my working week.

Have you spoke with her insurance yet? They may be great to deal with and will have no issues paying up. I would speak with them first and if they give you any shit then lawyer up.

bmw675

your medical will be more than you think. An ambulance ride alone is more than 2k.

JSP

Super Moderator

jocampo

your medical will be more than you think. An ambulance ride alone is more than 2k.
I think you maybe be right.

@Jay,
Lawyer advised me not to, at least no yet. I am working from home today and will visit me for free.

I do not want to call AMICA and give info. that they may record of take against me.

r0ar

When my wife had her accident I called my Insurance (GEICO) just in case I needed help from them if they other ladies insurance was being a bunch of assholes( Liberty Mutual). Other then that I delt directly with the other parties insurance. I can't speak for all insurance agents, but generally they are out there to help you get matters resolved. Like I said in the PM Jo I worked for GEICO. A lawyer will always say dont call.Because well they want you to use them so they can get money off of you. Look at it this way if you handle it yourself you will have zero bills. Go through a lawyer and you have just created an unnecessary expense . Before they record you they have to TELL YOU they are going to record that portion of the call. And not just their generic one when you call in . And it seems like everything says its their fault so their Bodily Injury Liability coverage will pay your med bills.

Alex6

Amica is a great company with a superb customer service. You should not have any issues dealing with them as they are covering the guilty party.
I expect you will be all set with all medical, repair and protective gear replacement costs.

r0ar

Amica is a great company with a superb customer service. You should not have any issues dealing with them as they are covering the guilty party.
I expect you will be all set with all medical, repair and protective gear replacement costs.
I'm gonna ditto the above.