Crashed my new Street Triple

jocampo

Don't blame you. That would piss me off too. Where'd the rest of the bike end up?
My wife sent it to a collision center, as the ambulance took me away from scene. I need to call the dealer and coordinate the repair. Of course, that stupid girl will have to pay!!! Good thing is the mom recognizes her fault. She drove to the scene and told me not to worry. She also states was HER fault. I will use that in court if they change the version, but it was actually her fault.

Now, and I know the Rook is a cop. But It was really weird that literally, 3 min later a truck was there to pick up my bike. When I said no, because I was going to call my insurance and/or move the bike out of the street, they both got mad.

Not saying anything against the cop, but was kind of weird.

oorgle

damn i was drooling over that bike too :(. glad your ok.

it sucks so bad wrecking a new bike. i layed mine down in april and i just now was able to order some parts to get her rideable. I think i'd cry if it happened after only 4 weeks.

jocampo

I'm honestly and seriously thinking in stop riding, at least, not weekdays and only for recreational stuff like back roads and Sundays.

While it was not my fault, I must admit we have too many irresponsible drivers out there. But Damm ...I just love riding.

Spunky99

I'm honestly and seriously thinking in stop riding, at least, not weekdays and only for recreational stuff like back roads and Sundays.

While it was not my fault, I must admit we have too many irresponsible drivers out there. But Damm ...I just love riding.
Don't worry, the thought will pass.
After a few wrecks you will be like me...I don't even care, I just want back on the bike.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

DakinechicK

I'm so very sorry that you had an accident, but am glad you are okay!!! Wrecking is nothing other than scary for sure and not having any broken bones, or worse make you very VERY lucky!! Bikes can be replaced as everyone else said, but there is only 1 you.

I sure hope you are back to riding soon, though, through this tough time!

6R Blackout

Glad your ok, that's the biggest thing! The bike can be fixed but yes it does suck your "baby" is all messed up! I am glad she admitted her fault. Hope you feel better after you get some much needed rest. Just don't give up riding totally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

jocampo

Yeah, wake up and I honestly feel well. A bit of pain on left hand and upper right leg, but is like being sore, the muscle. I do not think I will take the pain killer today, it was hard on my stomach last night.

Progressive will call me today and I need to move the bike from that collision center to the Triumph dealer. That will be more money for sure which I'm expecting this girl to pay, of course.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Glad to hear you are OK. The bike is just a material object and it can be fixed or replaced. Don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful you walked away. Any accident on a motorcycle that you walk away from is what I'd call a successful off! Triumph made a crap-ton of those bikes, but your parents only made one of you.

BoneJj

Wow man, that just blows!

I'm glad to hear you are okay and didn't receive any major issues as a result. That just really sucks that suck a new wonderful bike got trashed like that man. Good luck dude!

jocampo

Now I'm worried about the hospitals bills, etc.

While I have the best insurance ever, the best medical plan ever (pay a lot for it ) I know this girl's insurance will complain. ER and ambulance together will be a few thousands , I know. And I've been on this stuff before, car accident (not my fault either) and when bills start pilling, the Insurance company start to stepping back. No one wants to loss money.

I would like to see the bike. I'm also extremely concern about the chassis. I do not want a bike with twisted chassis, won't ever drive good again. I don't know what to expect or how to be clear with Triumph' dealer on that.

Twisted chassis is one of my biggest fear when buying a vehicle and the reason why I usually buy new, especially bikes. A tank or mirror can be replaced, but steel and aluminum, once twisted, can't be repaired easily without replacing, those parts have heat treatment (I studied Mechanical Engineering but work as System Engineer here in USA)

I also was recreating those 2 to 4 seconds on my mine. I was not scared and I am not, but it keeps playing on my mind and makes me so mad. I know it was an accident, but I find asking myself why I took east instead west, I usually don't , is closer home going west.