Crashed my new Street Triple

jocampo

Same here. When I got into an accident the party at fault had to pay for all repairs. My insurance company sent me money to replace my riding gear and they in turn charged the other person's insurance company for that amount. :thumbup:

Hope everything works out well!
Damm, you're right! :D .. forgot about my helmet .. it was damaged during the accident.

It sounds stupid, but a decent helmet is a few hundreds dollars.

CrazyCawi

Damm, you're right! :D .. forgot about my helmet .. it was damaged during the accident.

ahhh shit new lid and gear time hellls yeeeahhh :)

jocampo

ahhh shit new lid and gear time hellls yeeeahhh :)
:rolleyes:

Of course, I'm still mad because the whole thing, but if totaled, I may get a white ST, if wife's approves. :( I actually never like black. But I have never had patient or luck with color on my vehicles. My Mazdaspeed6 is red, don't like it, but was the last one in Texas.

She already told me, does not want me riding the bike anymore, unless Sundays and a few hours. And after that stupid premonition or dream or whatever, there is not much I can complain.

RooKie

Spunky99

Do you have the damaged helmet?
I bet you can get a copy of a very expensive Shoei or some other helmet from one of the guys here and submit that as the helmet that got damaged. They never look at or want the helmet so you can get a really nice helmet out of the deal.;)

My wife has that look on her face every morning as she says "ride carefully" so I know what you are going through. With my totaling the FZ6R and my last hit and run she is paranoid but I do what I want. Soon I probably won't be able to ride anymore due to my old body so I'm doing what I can, while I can.

Gilbuddy

I bet you can get a copy of a very expensive Shoei or some other helmet from one of the guys here and submit that as the helmet that got damaged. They never look at or want the helmet so you can get a really nice helmet out of the deal.;)
Or you could maintain your integrity. Whichever.

DragonBlu

There's a freak side of all of this. Will elaborate more at home, but wife had a nightmare lastnight, 3am, wake me up crying, said she saw me dying today in a bike accident, so freak
Don't think about that too much,my wife has that dream every night. Maybe she's trying to tell me something?:) Glad your ok man.

Spunky99

Or you could maintain your integrity. Whichever.
Integrity from Merrian-Webster
Definition of INTEGRITY
: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
: an unimpaired condition : soundness
: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness

Everyone and everything has a price. Our elected officials are a prime example of that!

Gilbuddy

Integrity from Merrian-Webster
Definition of INTEGRITY
: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
: an unimpaired condition : soundness
: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness

Everyone and everything has a price. Our elected officials are a prime example of that!
I'm trying to figure out what you are saying. Are you trying to rationalize insurance fraud, right after providing definitions for the word INTEGRITY?

Maybe I should provide the definitions of IRONY.

Spunky99

I'm trying to figure out what you are saying. Are you trying to rationalize insurance fraud, right after providing definitions for the word INTEGRITY?

Maybe I should provide the definitions of IRONY.
Ya...you guys are right...

I used to have a really good sense of integrity but then as I got older I realized it was only a naive sense of altruism and I grew to understand that "most" people, especially in large urban areas and cities don't have any integrity, especially the ones that came here illegally. Being dipped into the sewer on a daily basis can cause my moral compass to get off course.

Thanks for the cleaning...I'm a little shinier now.;)
Hopefully going in the right direction too.

But by all means, do make sure anything that was damaged at all by the accident is listed so that you get 100% of the damages paid. You should be made "whole" again. That includes pants, shoes, gloves and even the soiled underwear you got when you saw her just before the accident.:D

jocampo

Bike status

Well,

My "baby" arrived to the dealer. I spoke to service guy and doing visual inspection ONLY , does not look too bad. He does not believe there was chassis damage in part due to the low speed I crashed.

He also confirmed that if the bike leaves the dealer, it will be in perfect conditions. If the repair goes beyond reasonable work, they will declare the bike total loss. But he does not believe that's the case here.

I need to go there Saturday, I still have the keys! :)

jocampo

This sounds like good news. I really hope that everything continues. I am sure that it will work out for you and you will be laughing about this in a month or two.
Well, I guess ... lol ...

The challenge is or will be, convince my wife.

The funny part is, I will start a new job in a few weeks. Just finishing some paperwork; I am praying everything will be ok, I have no criminal history, everything is perfect. But this new job is not so close as HP office used to be (5 miles away) it will be 30 min commute. The plan was using the bike. But now she won't be "too excited" with that idea, even after fully repair.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Spunky99

Well, I guess ... lol ...

The challenge is or will be, convince my wife.

The funny part is, I will start a new job in a few weeks. Just finishing some paperwork; I am praying everything will be ok, I have no criminal history, everything is perfect. But this new job is not so close as HP office used to be (5 miles away) it will be 30 min commute. The plan was using the bike. But now she won't be "too excited" with that idea, even after fully repair.
Are you part of the huge layoff from HP?

Sad times......:(

jocampo

Are you part of the huge layoff from HP?

Sad times......:(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... :D

I'm part of those HARD WORKING engineers, tired of working my ass off (sorry for the word) and not getting a decent salary. Bad mood all the time, working weekends and late all days ... no more.

However, I feel sad for those that probably will. On my department, I do not think anyone will loss their job. But HP is not doing well, so you never know. There is not such thing like "job security" anymore, especially in the private sector.

I found another job with 40% increases salary! No dealing with people across 3 and more time zones. And I report to the owner! ;-)

Technically speaking, I will have more time for wife and my bike! Well, at least, it was like that 24hrs ago, hahahaha ... now I have to work harder to "reset" her mindset again. She was actually ok with me commuting until this stupid girl pull out in front of me.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

until this stupid girl pull out in front of me.
it could be worse....you could have "not pulled out of this stupid girl" :jerk::jerk::jerk:

NOW THAT would be a tough one to over come with the wife...eh eh?

LOL Sorry for the play on words....kinda :thumbup:

jocampo

it could be worse....you could have "not pulled out of this stupid girl" :jerk::jerk::jerk:

NOW THAT would be a tough one to over come with the wife...eh eh?

LOL Sorry for the play on words....kinda :thumbup:
The psychological impact on her (my wife) was big. Because one of her employees felt from a ladder and will be possible paralized for the rest of his life. :-( By chance, he's Colombian, like me.

My wife is into apt. business. The kid was the maintenance guy.

So two bad news in a few hours, was too much I guess.

By the way, did not understand the joke 1st. English is my 2nd. lol ...

jocampo

Insurance Question

So ...

My insurance company or representative called me today. She basically collected all the facts, etc. She wanted me to initiate all the process for medical bills and bike repairs, etc, and then later ask for a reimbursement to other company. I said NO!

I want the other company admitting fault and paying 1st, not Progressive. Besides I do not want to pay $700.00 deductible now and later "beg" for reimbursement.

Any opinion or comments?