Crashed my new Street Triple

jocampo

Negative sir they only have to pay you what the bike is valued at , that's what gap insurance is for . I worked insurance and this comes up all the time.
Yes and No! I already talked to couple of lawyers. They are not officially representing me on this part, but they confirmed it. The other party can give you more depending of the situation.

There is no black and white answer. And while is true vehicles depreciate after you buy one, this bike was bought just a few days ago, which makes the case different. Plus other party accepted liability, she got a ticket and there are several witnesses, including a cop.

I already sent an email with evidence of what I paid, they requested it. I am hoping that AMICA is willing to settle this so I can put this in the past and move on. I am not asking for anything else.

Depending of the answer, I'll take further actions. As a matter of fact, if they settle for $9500.00 plus towing and parking fees, I would probably say yes, just to put this in the past and stop wasting energy and time and all this process.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Now you are talking...these things are such a hassle but I just wanted you to get the best deal you could and be happy at the end of the day while you heal. At least you can get another one to put the new parts on.....LOL

Yes and No! I already talked to couple of lawyers. They are not officially representing me on this part, but they confirmed it. The other party can give you more depending of the situation.

There is no black and white answer. And while is true vehicles depreciate after you buy one, this bike was bought just a few days ago, which makes the case different. Plus other party accepted liability, she got a ticket and there are several witnesses, including a cop.

I already sent an email with evidence of what I paid, they requested it. I am hoping that AMICA is willing to settle this so I can put this in the past and move on. I am not asking for anything else.

Depending of the answer, I'll take further actions. As a matter of fact, if they settle for $9500.00 plus towing and parking fees, I would probably say yes, just to put this in the past and stop wasting energy and time and all this process.

BoneJj

What about your riding gear, you should be paid for the cost of replacing that gear.

jocampo

One of the good or positive things I learned about this (besides this is a fantastic forum, lol ) is that on this type of claims, there are usually two parts:

1.)Personal Injuries, suffering, etc
2.)Vehicle damages (my bike)

1st one, is being handled by a Law Firm. The 2nd one, is the one I am working with AMICA myself.

I may or may not recover my damaged gear with the 1st claim, but that will take some time. That one, the 1st one, will also cover medical expenses.

I cannot mix my broken gear, broken garage opener (was in tail bag), broken helmet, etc, as part of #2, because legally speaking is not the same. Let's say I should not mix apple with oranges. Unless I use a lawyer for both, on which case, I won't get a bike settlement yet but I will have to wait and a lawyer will handle everything. I do not want that. At least, I am trying to be a reasonable person and avoid a middle man: a lawyer.

At this point, like I said, I want a check so I can pay the lender and get some money back, which is the down payment I gave (the beloved fz6r)

Last edited:

jocampo

Final Update

I think I'm done with this, at least, the vehicle's part.

With accessories (if I return those) I'll get the full price of my bike, exactly what I paid! Without the accessories, $9200.00 plus towing and parking fees.

I wanted to say thanks to all people who posted comments and helped me during this incident. And the reason I kept posting is because I want others to learn something positive from such a painful (literally) and horrible experience. Like Metallica says, "Sad but True", lol.

Dealing with Insurance companies is not an easy experience, that's for sure, especially when you are the one affected. Unfortunately, your life and assets are just dollars and cents nowadays and they will ensure you get the less amount of money if they can.

Not sure if I will get another bike at this point. But won't be from same dealer. I was having issues again, now with the Insurance company, because the free accessories were not actually free after all; they ended charging me for those in an obscure and weird way. But that's a separate conversation and I actually do not care anymore.

BoneJj

I think I'm done with this, at least, the vehicle's part.

With accessories (if I return those) I'll get the full price of my bike, exactly what I paid! Without the accessories, $9200.00 plus towing and parking fees.

I wanted to say thanks to all people who posted comments and helped me during this incident. And the reason I kept posting is because I want others to learn something positive from such a painful (literally) and horrible experience. Like Metallica says, "Sad but True", lol.

Dealing with Insurance companies is not an easy experience, that's for sure, especially when you are the one affected. Unfortunately, your life and assets are just dollars and cents nowadays and they will ensure you get the less amount of money if they can.

Not sure if I will get another bike at this point. But won't be from same dealer. I was having issues again, now with the Insurance company, because the free accessories were not actually free after all; they ended charging me for those in an obscure and weird way. But that's a separate conversation and I actually do not care anymore.
well, it's good that you got the money for it and I hope to hear more about that way the dealer scammed you but I realize that may take some time for you to want to write about. good luck with the rest of it though.

jocampo

You guys want to hear something funny? :) ...

The Dealers secretary called me, she left a voice mail. Wanted to inform that my license plate arrived. That I can pick it up anytime.

Spunky99

You guys want to hear something funny? :) ...

The Dealers secretary called me, she left a voice mail. Wanted to inform that my license plate arrived. That I can pick it up anytime.
In CA you can get a refund if your bike is totaled for the year's registration fees if you just paid the fees. You might want to look into that if is any amount you think is worth your trouble.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BKP

Glad it seems to have worked out for you...

Your 'bad timing' on the job change/accident, was probably good timing, considering HP's latest WFR. Don't know if it would have affected you, but glad you got out before the 'event'...

jocampo

Miss my bike ... :-(

My wife doesn't want me to get another bike. I know, I can do whatever I want, but will be a discussion , no doubt.

By the way, few Weeks after the accident, someone hit my car. I was rear ended. Unbelievable!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BKP

Every day when I get up, first thing I do is check the weather to see if I'll be riding, or when...

If you're anything like that, and with all due respect to your wife's wishes, riding isn't an option...