Crashed my new Street Triple

BoneJj

No!

The dealer is not forcing me to repair it there, but like I said, I do not have the skills and time. Also, no offense, but it is a European bike. It will be more difficult to get the parts if not fixed there, brand new parts.

Yeah, there is a lien on the bike. But if they give me a check for 6k, even 5k, I will pay the loan instead, if possible, of course.

I do not think it can be totalled, because is still below market price, which is around 10k.
most insurance companies will total a vehicle once it passes the 50% of value to fix it mark. I ran into that a few years back when I wrecked my s10 extreme.

JSP

Super Moderator
F* teenager.

My Insurance company took a quick look. My bike is a total loss.

So mad, so mad right now!
Yup... Shitty bro. DO NOT let them F you on the value of the bike! That bike is brand new. How much do you owe on it? Never accept their first offer either. Fight for a higher value. Do not cash any check until you are 100% satisfied with the offer.

jocampo

I paid 10k OTD.

I owe like 5k maybe? Progressive, my company, can give me 8k. That's if I go with progressive. And that's after deductible, which is 700 bucks.

From those 7.8k or 8k, I will have to pay the 5k and the rest will go to my pocket. Of course, without a bike and without a gear.

jocampo

I just read my previous post, and I do not want to sound materialistic. So I want to say this.

I am extremely glad I am alive. Thanks to God! Or whatever powerful entity you believe, plus my gear (helmet, jacket, etc). But it is really sad that now I have no bike and lost money because the irresponsibility of someone else.

I work so hard for my stuff! No drugs, no alcohol. My bike was my joy.

I am changing jobs. I don't even know if I will be approve or not for a new one. As a matter of fact, I lost money anyway, because depreciation.

I have mix feelings. So mad, happy to be alive, and sad, everything at the same time.

JSP

Super Moderator
I just read my previous post, and I do not want to sound materialistic. So I want to say this.

I am extremely glad I am alive. Thanks to God! Or whatever powerful entity you believe, plus my gear (helmet, jacket, etc). But it is really sad that now I have no bike and lost money because the irresponsibility of someone else.

I work so hard for my stuff! No drugs, no alcohol. My bike was my joy.

I am changing jobs. I don't even know if I will be approve or not for a new one. As a matter of fact, I lost money anyway, because depreciation.

I have mix feelings. So mad, happy to be alive, and sad, everything at the same time.
Fight for what it would truly cost to replace that bike and your gear. They need to make you right where you were BEFORE the accident. This is HER fault not yours. Do not feel guilty for wanting your shit the way it was man.

Alex6

I paid 10k OTD.

I owe like 5k maybe? Progressive, my company, can give me 8k. That's if I go with progressive. And that's after deductible, which is 700 bucks.

From those 7.8k or 8k, I will have to pay the 5k and the rest will go to my pocket. Of course, without a bike and without a gear.
Why would you go after YOUR insurance company when the other party already admitted fault and if I remember correctly the police report states the same?
The insurance company of the party at fault should replace the bike/gear at the matching value. Why it sounds so complicated when it should be such a simple case? Did I miss anything?

Alex6

I would not even bother to call my insurance company as soon as I learn the other party has insurance, addmitted fault and police report is on my side.

jocampo

Yeah ...

I'm still against other party Insurance. I have not processed anything with Progressive. This is just the estimate of my own Insurance company. And I already spoke to the Triumph technician, it was pretty much the same.

I am speculating now. But it may be that Progressive wants the bike to sell it for more; they can make 2k that way, easily.

As I showed on the pictures, frame is intact. I am not an expert but a good mechanic can fix that for less. After order the parts, of course.

I may need 10k or more to be break even. So I will have to wait for them and see how much are willing to pay. If that's the case, I want it in white now! :) ... ohh well, let's see... let me dream , again ...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jocampo

bike
gear
medical bills
time away from work
loss of enjoyment of riding until healed

get a lawyer... just the threat of a lawyer can do wonders (I don't mean threaten to get a lawyer, I mean pay a lawyer for an hours time and have them draft a course of action if you do not get what is coming to you)...
Yep.

I have legal representation, but for the injuries and mental health.

bmw675

If it is totaled, it doesn't matter what you owe, or what it is now worth. Wasn't your fault, you already have representation, A completely new bike shouldn't be out of the question.

It's not like it was your fault, and your insurance was paying. Someone else was at fault and you should not be out a penny for their mistake.

jocampo

Need Avice

Please, quick advice...

Good news:
AMICA (other party) accepted liability, at least, that's what my Insurance told me.

Not so good news:
My company, wants to pay only for blue book value, which is 8k. Gear is a different claim with mine and I need to show helmet, etc. Which is stupid. That's in the trash. What kind of stupid rule is that? What if people can walk during an accident?

So it looks I can't get reimbursement for my gear, which is around 500 dollars total.

Should I go with Progressive, without getting money for my gear but getting my check today?

or

Should I go with AMICA and fight for gear plus the 8k or more?

Still I have my legal representation for my personal injuries. That's not done yet and I will make this irresponsible girl to pay for it.

JSP

Super Moderator
Please, quick advice...

Good news:
AMICA (other party) accepted liability, at least, that's what my Insurance told me.

Not so good news:
My company, wants to pay only for blue book value, which is 8k. Gear is a different claim with mine and I need to show helmet, etc. Which is stupid. That's in the trash. What kind of stupid rule is that? What if people can walk during an accident?

So it looks I can't get reimbursement for my gear, which is around 500 dollars total.

Should I go with Progressive, without getting money for my gear but getting my check today?

or

Still I have my legal representation for my personal injuries. That's not done yet and I will make this irresponsible girl to pay for it.

Please stop going through your insurance! This is all on AMICA! Deal only with them. Get them to pay full REPLACEMENT cost of the bike. 8K will NOT replace that bike. Fight for ALL damages.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jocampo

Please stop going through your insurance! This is all on AMICA! Deal only with them. Get them to pay full REPLACEMENT cost of the bike. 8K will NOT replace that bike. Fight for ALL damages.
Well,

The thing is, I checked with my legal adviser, Insurance companies will not pay for more than blue book value of the bike, because depreciation. I may recover some of that money with the Injury claim, but in legal terms, that's separate. This is just a settlement for the property damages.

Now Progressive came with this BS about parking fees! That they will start count from today, until someone pick that bike up , which could be anyone, AMICA or Progressive.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

jocampo

Why did you throw your helmet and damaged gear away before getting reimbursed? If nothing else, it was evidence for any lawsuits relating to your injuries. I don't get why you'd throw that out.
Paramedics took it. I don't know where it ended.

Not to be rude, but you need to understand that those people rush, take everything out of you, put you in an ambulance and 5 min later you're on the road. Is not that you have time to think about that kind of stuff.

They care about your life, not legal matters. And at that point, they do not know how bad your injuries are.

Also, who read fine prints on those contracts? Based on that , and knock wood, next time I will grab my helmet and/or ask the cop to take care of it? What if you are unconscious? A receipt makes more sense, but showing physical evidence of your gear may be difficult, it depends of the accident and the location of the scene, etc.

So, to all, and not being sarcastic: if you're in an accident grab your helmet and gear, no matter how you feel. You'll need it later.

Last edited:

Spunky99

You only need to show the receipts to AMICA to get reimbursed for the gear.
I've never heard of anyone having to turn over the damaged items. What if they were lost, stolen, cut off by the emergency room personnel and tossed into the trash?
Wasn't the bike 1 month old?
I don't think the KBB accounts for that.
It will cost them far more to defend their client in a court than to make you happy. The problem is resale value of Triumph motorcycles. It is far lower than what you can actually buy one for.
You have time while healing. Don't be so eager to sign a paper and get a check. They are trying to do this as cheaply as possible and the longer it takes the better the chance that it will go to court. Time is on your side. Use it.

Do not deal with progressive...it is not in your best interest.

Please, quick advice...

Good news:

Not so good news:

or