Bobski's windscreen comparisons

Deathdiesel

Hey just looked at this thread after playing around on the bike today, and noticed if I stick my head above normal riding height its smooth, and if I tuck a good bit its smooth but at riding height its rough wind.

How would you compare the stock windscreen cut say 2" compared to the Puig Racing Screen? I just dont think I could deal with the tall styling of the touring.

ngengs

Hey just looked at this thread after playing around on the bike today, and noticed if I stick my head above normal riding height its smooth, and if I tuck a good bit its smooth but at riding height its rough wind.

How would you compare the stock windscreen cut say 2" compared to the Puig Racing Screen? I just dont think I could deal with the tall styling of the touring.
Any recent feedback for the Cee Bailey? I am thinking of getting that because it's so hard to find the Puig TS. Thanks in advance.

BKP

I know the PUIG Touring Windscreen is tough to find.

I just special ordered it from Dave Keogh at Kneedraggers: $119.99 out the door. The kicker is there is a 2 month wait (back-ordered).

However, the price was right, and Dave was *very* accommodating. Told him I'd mention it on the board.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Hard to find??? I place an order for the Touring one (Hope I ordered the right one) on the 23rd, they shipped it yesterday!!! www.powersportparts.com

I'll let you know when I get it.

Should be here by Friday (FedEx)
Are you sure that is the right URL? When I go to it, it is a godaddy parked domain.

Would you be able to post the full URL to the windshield on their site?

BKP

Wellll... it's the clear Puig Touring that's hard to find... I finally cancelled it, 'cause even the backorder was taking too long...

Re-did the order here, for the light smoke, and it's in stock:

PUIG WSCRN TOUR-SMK FZ6R 10-11 5548H

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BKP

Too many windscreen threads... lost which one I was updating...

Anyway, just came back from testing the Puig Touring Screen on the highway... got it up to triple digits, and this is what I noticed:

The Touring Screen doesn't *eliminate* wind on your chest, but it *does* smooth it out. The interesting thing is (for me, anyway), regardless of the speed (up to and including 105mph), I can still feel it on my chest, however, the force/turbulence doesn't seem to change. It remains a smooth, comfortable, flow.

Admittedly, part of 'not noticing a change' could be adrenalin at that speed, but I *really* made a concerted effort to "feel" any changes. I was even perpetually raising and lowering my hand, like a blind, on my side of the screen, to feel where the turbulence began, and (again, for me -- and I'm 5'9"), sitting normal and upright (no tucking), it didn't start until the top of my lid, around where the vents are (and I was wearing a Scorpion exo-1100 for reference). Below that point, you could feel wind -- but, only a smooth, even flow that never changed regardless of speed.

My $.02...

EDIT: On a side note, I will be eternally confused by those that believe this bike doesn't offer enough power... It wasn't even breathing hard at the above speeds, and the delivery was smooth, linear, and grin provoking...

Last edited:

Geezer

EDIT: On a side note, I will be eternally confused by those that believe this bike doesn't offer enough power... It wasn't even breathing hard at the above speeds, and the delivery was smooth, linear, and grin provoking...
Yup, I noticed that too. I ride a Kawasaki Concours for trips but this little guy accelerates almost like it in a 6th gear roll on. OK not exactally but the grin factor is the same.

gomtuu

Puig Windscreen - Quick Delivery - Not so hard to get

Thought I would give my 2 cents here as well regarding the Puig Touring screen and it being "so hard to get". I am from Ontario, Canada and found a local bike parts shop that carries the Puig line and had advertised the clear on their site. I ordered this back in the fall. They said it can take a few months to get them in. To make a long story short, after 5 months, numerous calls, numerous promises and a "they are running them now and should be in next week" to the week after that "They discontinued this model", I was really frustrated. I have heard good things about this windshield and really liked the look of it as well. It looks more in proportion to the mirror height on the bike.

Anyway, I did another web search and came up with a site, that for some reason I don't recall bumping into before. The site is revzilla.com and the link is here;

Puig Touring Windscreen Yamaha FZ6R 2009-2013 - RevZilla

They had the clear (and smoke) in stock. The shipping was pricey coming from the States ($56), but I had it in about 4 days. Wish I would have discovered this before. When I bought, the price was about $106, but now shows $123.

Briefly tried it out (too cold up here still). It works great. A huge difference over the OEM. I do like my Yammys and didn't want to part with the Yammy logo on the windshield, so I mae a decal with transparent white on clear vinyl to simulate the frosted etching on the OEM. Here it is...

BKP

Incredible...

I waited about 7 weeks on a clear as well... Finally, gave up and pulled the trigger on the light smoke (which I actually do like). And, now here it is at Revzilla... (I also looked for a cadmium yellow 6R, before buying the copper/raven --great looking bike!).

I'm not sure if you're kidding about "bumping" into Revzilla, but, it's one of the most well known and popular gear sites in the states...

Ride safe -- enjoy the new windscreen!

Last edited:

gomtuu

Thanks. Yeah, I really liked the yellow, but I changed the decals up - didn't keep the original one's on. No, I wasn't kidding about Revzilla. I don't get out much. Actually, I am up in Canada and try to find stuff up here because shipping over the border can get pricey. But there is sooo much more goodies from the US. I must say, that even though I try to get stuff up here, there are some things we just can't seem to get easily or at all, and if we do, there is less competition which means higher prices.

FSXlover

I ordered The Puig touring(clear) on the 27th and it should be at my house any minute now.
Revzilla was the site I used.

I'll have my review of it coming up soon.

THill

Windscreen

Has anyone tried one from Cee Baileys ?
22 inchs high compaired to 18 and 16 wide vs 12..

sammy56

Has anyone tried one from Cee Baileys ?
22 inchs high compaired to 18 and 16 wide vs 12..
I have a tall Cee Baileys....22" I believe. It is very good and does its job perfectly.
I have since gone back to a short screen, but because I like the air hitting me. Happy to sell the CB if you want it....$7 + shipping.....pm me if interested.

LB

sammy56

I have a tall Cee Baileys....22" I believe. It is very good and does its job perfectly.
I have since gone back to a short screen, but because I like the air hitting me. Happy to sell the CB if you want it....$7 + shipping.....pm me if interested.

LB
Meant $75 + shipping.....

LB

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

sammy56

I think you'll have better luck selling it if you start a thread with that in the title. some members are going to skip over this thread, especially if they've already read it. cutting to the chase in the thread title is going to attract more people, IMO. glws.
Already out there...long ago....
Doesn't matter to me either way...happy to keep it.