Zero Gravity Double Bubble vs. Puig Racing Windscreen

wastelandracer

I am looking to buy a new windscreen because stock is just not cutting it. I am 6'1 and I am looking for a windscreen to cut out some if not all of the buffeting that i am feeling when i ride. I do not want the touring windscreen because i feel it is too tall. Any opinions on the Puig Racing windscreen or the Zero Gravity Double Bubble would be greatly appreciated.

BzB

i'm about 6'2 and have the puig racing windscreen. seems to reduce buffeting or redirect the wind better than stock. no experience with the zero gravity double bubble, but heard good things about it. either will be an improvement over stock.

to be honest i think the helmet also has an impact. my shoei gt-air definitely feels more stable than my HJC 17.

tnitro1

zero gravity

I'm about 5 9 and I used to zero gravity windscreen touring windscreen model and the wind clears my chest over my shoulders u might want to consider it .

wastelandracer

If anyone has photos of either on their bike I would love to see them. I am also debating whether to do a dark smoke on a yellow bike or stick with clear.

wastelandracer

After doing lots of research on the matter i found out that the two different wind screens are in essence the same. They both reduce buffeting and help with wind displacement. I did read that the dark smoke puig had a purplish tint so I ordered the dark smoke zero gravity double bubble. I will post photos when it is delivered.

BzB

not the best pic of just the screen, but here's the puig dark smoke racing on my bike. haven't noticed a purple tint.

xorbe

I was going to say that I had the Puig in clear, but after reviewing images, I think I have the touring model, which you didn't want.

yellowfz

I have of course the stock and then I bought a Yamaha Double Bubble before the Puig Touring got here which took almost 6 months ( was one of the first to get), so now I have two shields I don't need or want anymore, guess Ebay is an option. :D

In a couple of years I am selling the FZ6R and going for the Kawasaki Versys 1000, took a test ride on one at the Kawasaki ride event and loved the thing, just waiting to pick up a used one in a couple of years.

Last edited:

wastelandracer

I am unable to post photos of my windscreen for some reason. But it has been a great improvement with the Zero Gravity Double Bubble compared to stock. There is almost no buffeting around my head and the air seems to pass right over me. It is probably the greatest thing I have purchased for my bike and i wish i bought it sooner. Plus for $70 you can't go wrong.

wastelandracer