Bobski's windscreen comparisons

Nmexico

I just put the ZG double bubble on. It is excellent. At 169cm it helps knock out the sometimes awful turbulence from the stock screen. The air coming to me seems so much more smoother and flows to the side instead of right at my chest now. I got the smoke and wish I had gotten the dark for a more mean look.

jammer

My ZG double bubble is sitting in a box waiting for me to get my bike out of storage. Serious riding withdrawal from a crappy winter. :mad:

AdamDee

Just installed the Puig Touring windscreen on my 09 FZ6R.

Took some measurements, photos, & made some comparisons between the stock screen & the Puig Touring.

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/1bpM21hoZNI

It is the light smoke screen.

Cheers!

Adam

Oddbob17

Just an idea

As the FZ6R has different names in other countries, searching ebay using European names may come up with (will come up with) a few more choices of screen. In the Uk it's called the XJ6, XJ6 S, XJ600F and Diversion.

Here's one I picked at random, I can't verify how effective it is and have no connection with the supplier, though I have used their products on previous bikes I've owned;

Yamaha XJ6 Diversion 09-14 Dark Smoke Double Bubble Screen Powerbronze | eBay

and here;

YAMAHA XJ-6 F DIVERSION 600 2010 PUIG WINDSCREEN DARK SMOKE RACING SCREEN | eBay

I'm getting my bike delivered tomorrow, downsizing from a Honda CBF 1000, so have yet to try any screen options, my CBF has an MRA screen, which I think is also available for the Yamaha.

BluePill

Recently installed the Puig Touring on my Fizzer. I am 6'2". Observations:

The wind hits me just at the bottom of my full face helmet shield. Air flow is better than the stock shield above about 65 MPH, but not much improvement below that speed. Very nice at 80-90 MPH.

CST.Castro

Maybe I missed it.. u bought mg fz6r naked. I would like a windscreen is this possible?20180522_185239~2.jpg20180519_171955~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

b00g13

I purchased the zero gravity touring windscreen for my 2012 fz6r.
I'm 6.4 (192cm) and it helps a little bit. It still hits my helmet but i'm experiencing less turbulence.
One thing i did not like about the windscreen is that they put this stupid zero gravity sticker on the bottom and it does not come off well, at all..

Just_Jim

I purchased the zero gravity touring windscreen for my 2012 fz6r.
I'm 6.4 (192cm) and it helps a little bit. It still hits my helmet but i'm experiencing less turbulence.
One thing i did not like about the windscreen is that they put this stupid zero gravity sticker on the bottom and it does not come off well, at all..
Try a blow dryer and some WD-40 to remove the sticker. It should get it all off without much effort.