Another mirror mod.

BondGirl

Another mirror mod. **UPDATED** PICS INCLUDED

So, as you know, we all want to change our mirrors. They are ugly let's face It.
There is alot of options out there. Seems like the most common route is to go the Yam R6S mirrors.
But in order to fit those, we need to drill holes in the metal piece.
I DON'T LIKE DRILL HOLES IN MY BIKE haha.

SO long story short, after small research I found that the Kawasaki OEM ZX6R 07-08 mirror has the same bolt pattern as our mirror.
NO DRILLING. cool!!!!

i'll take pictures as soon they are installed. now they sit In the garage but I should be able to mount them this weekend.

I hope it will be usefull for people who don't want to drill the metal piece.

*********NOW INSTALLED********

-looks wayyyyyyyyyy better.
The mirror arm are not exactly the same which make the ZX mirror more horizontal.
-you have to push the mirror a tiny bit toward front of the bike otherwise the clutch/brake levers hit the lenses when the handlebars are pushed all the way left or right.

- I reused the OEM mirror rubber pieces. If you do not use IR put at least a rubber piece between the plasric and fairing so you won't scratch IT with vibration.
- I sugest you to use the rubber. Otherwise you will see the gap between the mirror mounting and the fairing.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Last edited:

joloy133

Our mirrors are funny looking but they work well. I haven't made any cosmetic changes that worsen performance or safety, but if these are close to being useful................ maybe.

Top1Dog525

i'll take pictures as soon they are installed. now they sit In the garage but I should be able to mount them this weekend.

I hope it will be usefull for people who don't want to drill the metal piece.
Know it's probably asking a bit much, but when you do the installation you think you could photo document the process of uninstalling/installing? Just so those of us who don't know how to uninstall/install them can get an idea of how to. Just a thought :Sport:

BondGirl

Know it's probably asking a bit much, but when you do the installation you think you could photo document the process of uninstalling/installing? Just so those of us who don't know how to uninstall/install them can get an idea of how to. Just a thought :Sport:
sure will.

Detrich

me too... can't wait to see how they look. :waiting anxiously: :)

BondGirl

Pictures added In the first post.

sorry for the pics quality. It was late evening and we were tired so.......
If anyone wants better pics with different angle, just PM me and i'll take some out in the sun.
Thanks

MikeN02

Pictures added In the first post.

sorry for the pics quality. It was late evening and we were tired so.......
If anyone wants better pics with different angle, just PM me and i'll take some out in the sun.
Thanks
How are these compared to stock? R6S has a 9/10 while the stock has a 10/10 says everyone else.

Btw, that is one badass looking FZ6R. 2010? I really like the front graphics.

CDN6R

BondGirl,, Thankyou very much for taking the time to do this. I think they look much better than our "stock" mirrors. Laurie P :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

joloy133

You didn't comment on the vision compared to stock. It looks like they would be as good just a lower view position. Can you see behind you?

BondGirl

How are these compared to stock? R6S has a 9/10 while the stock has a 10/10 says everyone else.

Btw, that is one badass looking FZ6R. 2010? I really like the front graphics.
what`s your x/10 scale? look? height?
This is 2010 FZ6R pearl white and red

Not bad, I think I prefer OEM (call me sick) but nice find.

Do they still fold forwards?
yes they do still fold. forward or backward. ZX mirror don't use the same mechanism.

You didn't comment on the vision compared to stock. It looks like they would be as good just a lower view position. Can you see behind you?
Ok, I can't ride my bike yet because I can't order the damn link from Roaring Toyz.

I asked a friend of mine to try It this morning.
His feedback. He rides a R1 so he's used to have small mirrors.

- less view directly behind.
-enough view of the side and just need to tuck the elbow In to view straight behind.
-since the are lower than OEM you will see your hand a little bit.
he could see the top of his glove knuckles.

Final tought:
He likes them and would definitly keep those. Keep In mind he rides a racer with small mirror so he's used to It.

He told me If you have been riding your stock mirror for a while you might need time to get used to the ZX one because the rearview Is not as good.

Detrich

wow, great job bondgirl... and, thanks for sharing. :)

those mirrors DO look a million times better than our stocks... as far as useability, even with the stocks, i still need to tuck in my elbows to see 'directly' behind me. so, that doesn't seem like it would be a big adjustment.

can you also take/ post some wide, full-body shots so that we can see how the lines flow with the entire bike- maybe profile (side view), and also at a 45 degree angle? also, how long did the install take, and would u say it was easy/ medium/ difficult?

thanks again and great job!

MikeN02

what`s your x/10 scale? look? height?
This is 2010 FZ6R pearl white and red
I haven't had many bikes but I would say that the stocks are about a 9.8/10, I still see my shoulders etc.

I hadn't had a chance to try R6S mirrors yet as mine broke but if I were to say then it might be a 8.8/10.

My height is 5'4.

BondGirl

OK for all of you who asked more pictures!!
you'll be served.
BTW THOSE ARE THE LAST PICS I TAKE FOR THIS MIRROR MOD HAHA ;)

PS. when I say I, I mean my boyfriend. He's actually the one who've done all the work and took pics and all. hihihihihihi;)

THANKS

Attachments

Last edited: